Author Topic: forget dre 50 needs to work with the track masters again! & power of the dollar?  (Read 380 times)

bad-n-fluenz supporter of the dangerous crew movement

• Muthafuckin' Don!
i know i'll catch heat for the dre comment, but power of the dollar is a masterpiece in my eyes! i got some questions maybe somebody can help with..here is a quote from something i was reading so i dont know if its true or not

"The platinum hitmakers Trackmasters took notice of 50 and signed him to Columbia Records in 1999. They shipped 50 to Upstate NY where they locked him up in the studio for 2 1/2 weeks. He turned out 36 songs in this short period, which resulted in "Power Of the Dollar," an unreleased masterpiece that Blaze Magazine judged a classic."

ok if this is true does anybody have any of the other tracks...from what i can tell he had 18 tracks on the power of the dollar unreleased album, take away the intro & thats 17 tracks..their was the rowdy rowdy track from the in too deep soundtrack..thats 18..on the 5 track ep they released their is the track the heatwave thats not on the unreleased album, so thats 19 tracks out 36. also at the end of how to rob he says if your feelin this then wait for the sequel...anybody know if their was a part 2

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
Power Of The Dollar was amazin because 50 was amazing. its physically impossible for him to put material like that out again, but i like the idea! ;)

UKnowWhatItIs: welcome to my traps....game over

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Well there's also Guess Who's Back which I assume is all Trackmasters production.

BIG D O

• 'G'
  • Spreadin' That Good Music....
it would be wack now because the Trackmasters is strictly doin pop music now and 50's flow and content is nowhere near what i was for POTD.....

Out Now!!

Download for free here:
www.myspace.com/d_o_beatz

CHECK THE ILLEST BLOG ON THE NET:
www.purehip-hop.blogspot.com

• Muthafuckin' Don!
it would be wack now because the Trackmasters is strictly doin pop music now and 50's flow and content is nowhere near what i was for POTD.....

shit i didnt know that about the trackmasters now...but as far as 50 goes he could switch his flow back..i know it wont sound the same because of him being shot & for content i  think he could pull it off if he really wanted to....dont get me wrong i like all of 50's releases i just like POTD the best.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Well there's also Guess Who's Back which I assume is all Trackmasters production.

no, it had some of the power of the dollar tracks on it & the rest was mixtape stuff

R1ZE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Do 4 Love
the sequel was piggy bank  :P

1. "Intro" - 1:11
   2. "The Hit" – 3:41
   3. "The Good Die Young" (produced by Al West) – 4:02

4. "Corner Bodega" – 1:36
   5. "Life's on the Line" (Dudley/Jackson) (produced by Terence Dudley) – 3:38
   6. "That Ain't Gangsta" – 3:25
   7. "As the World Turns" (featuring Bun B) – 5:20
   8. "Ghetto Qu'ran (Forgive Me) (produced by Trackmasters) – 4:34

9. "Da Repercussions" – 3:28
  10. "Money by Any Means" (featuring Noreaga) (produced by Trackmasters) – 4:03
  11. "Material Girl 2000" (featuring Dave Hollister) – 4:35
  12. "Thug Love" (featuring Destiny's Child) (Jackson/Koerulf/Schwartz/Smith) (produced by Rashad Smith, co-produced by Joshua Michael Schwartz and Brian Koerulf) – 3:16
  13. "Slow Doe" (produced by Trackmasters) – 3:54
  14. "Gunrunner" (Featuring Black Child) – 2:10
  15. "You Ain't No Gangsta" (Clervoix/Jackson)" (produced by Sha Self) – 3:37
  16. "Power of the Dollar" – 3:26
  17. "I'm a Hustler" (Elliot/Jackson/Jacobs/Moore/Philips/Spivey/Styles) (produced by DJ Scratch) – 3:55

18. "How to Rob" (featuring The Madd Rapper) (Angelettie/Barnes/Casey/Jackson/Olivier) (produced by Trackmasters) – 4:25

bolded my favs. its not a classic, theres some really weak songs on here. the good stuff is classic material though.

UKnowWhatItIs: welcome to my traps....game over

• Muthafuckin' Don!

no, it had some of the power of the dollar tracks on it & the rest was mixtape stuff
I know it has a few tracks from POTD but except for like 4 mixtapes tracks the rest are original recordings.

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
i liked power of the dollar

'EclipZe

POD was the shit, a shame he doesn't make songs anymore like that.

eazye

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • shorty_tha_pimp a.k.a. extra.P
damn, slow doe is the SHIT!
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/iQYKq2uupz8" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/iQYKq2uupz8</a>

ήŕiņηλ

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Cold Hearted Son Of A Bitch
*gives you heat for saying forget dre*

:P

• Muthafuckin' Don!
the sequel was piggy bank  :P

1. "Intro" - 1:11
   2. "The Hit" – 3:41
   3. "The Good Die Young" (produced by Al West) – 4:02

4. "Corner Bodega" – 1:36
   5. "Life's on the Line" (Dudley/Jackson) (produced by Terence Dudley) – 3:38
   6. "That Ain't Gangsta" – 3:25
   7. "As the World Turns" (featuring Bun B) – 5:20
   8. "Ghetto Qu'ran (Forgive Me) (produced by Trackmasters) – 4:34

9. "Da Repercussions" – 3:28
  10. "Money by Any Means" (featuring Noreaga) (produced by Trackmasters) – 4:03
  11. "Material Girl 2000" (featuring Dave Hollister) – 4:35
  12. "Thug Love" (featuring Destiny's Child) (Jackson/Koerulf/Schwartz/Smith) (produced by Rashad Smith, co-produced by Joshua Michael Schwartz and Brian Koerulf) – 3:16
  13. "Slow Doe" (produced by Trackmasters) – 3:54
  14. "Gunrunner" (Featuring Black Child) – 2:10
  15. "You Ain't No Gangsta" (Clervoix/Jackson)" (produced by Sha Self) – 3:37
  16. "Power of the Dollar" – 3:26
  17. "I'm a Hustler" (Elliot/Jackson/Jacobs/Moore/Philips/Spivey/Styles) (produced by DJ Scratch) – 3:55

18. "How to Rob" (featuring The Madd Rapper) (Angelettie/Barnes/Casey/Jackson/Olivier) (produced by Trackmasters) – 4:25

bolded my favs. its not a classic, theres some really weak songs on here. the good stuff is classic material though.

thats cool, i didnt think any of the tracks were weak its one of those albums i can listen to from start to finish

NotoriousTDA

Jimmy H.

Yeah, "Power Of The Dollar" is a lost classic. But what's with this turn the clock back mentality on this board? You're not gonna get another Power Of The Dollar, Dogg Food, Illmatic, Chronic, Doggystyle, whatever. People grow. I doubt anyone of you are in the same space that you were at in the 90's and if you tried to be, it wouldn't work because the world around you has changed. Asking artists to go back to that place is like calling up friends you ain't talked to in  12 years and asking them to go hang out and play Super Nintendo.