Author Topic: Dame Dash Is Back..& He's Calling Jim Jones' Album Another "Reasonable Doubt"  (Read 392 times)

Elano

Yeah, you read the headline right. And it didn't stop there. Dame threw in The Chronic as well.

"If you come down and listen to [Jones'] album [Pray IV Reign], and I'm not sure if I'm too close to the music or the project, but sh*t sounds like a classic. I'm a make a bold statement and put it in the same league as Reasonable Doubt and The Chronic."-- Dame Dash, NY Mag

This dude has obviously been away from the rap game too long. And what's even more ridiculous is that this comparison has been made before; Diddy played himself and did a vlog ranting and raving about Lil Wayne's Tha Carter III being another "Illmatic, Ready to Die, The Chronic, Life After Death," etc. I only listened to Tha Carter III loosely and I still knew that Diddy's claims were an insult to those classic albums. Too bad most were saying Weezy's third effort paled in comparison to his last two. Not only that, but in today's hip-hop climate, it is utterly IMPOSSIBLE to make a "classic" rap album. No one has the heart or the hustle in them anymore. And these new dudes don't know what the hell they're doing.

But who cares. The point is, JIM JONES CAN'T/WON'T/NEVER WILL MAKE A CLASSIC ALBUM IN HIS LIFE. Jimmy A) has proven that on each album, he only makes one or two decent songs. B) can't rap. C) just isn't capable of doing an album that is better than mixtape level. And if Dame's calling "Pop Champagne"-- which at this point I don't even know if they're marketing as Jim's song or Ron Browz's-- "classic" material, then that's sad. My guess is that this statement is just publicity. But then again, maybe it this is a "classic" album-- based on today's standards.

Today's standards says that even someone such as myself can make a classic album. Reba McIntyre can spit in the booth and make a classic album. So hey-- maybe Dame is right. But then again, Dame sounds like he's just patting himself on the back. I don't think he REALLY means that-- he just likes to hear himself talk. But what else is new? Oh yeah... this is new: Dame is claiming NOT to be "cocky"-- right after he comes out and says something cocky. I've never seen him do that before:
"I don't know if it's a coincidence, but it seemed like the day I stopped doing music was the day the music business went down, not to sound arrogant or cocky."

Growing pains, maybe? Looks like failure in the rap game has humbled this dude, something I deemed impossible. Well, to dissect his statement, it seems that the day Dame stopped doing music was the day Hov probably made one of the best decisions of his career-- shadiness and all.

And it doesn't stop there. Dame continued to make asinine claims, calling the local phenomenon which is Dipset the boss of all historical rap groups:
"I feel that [Dipset's] never reached its top potential. What I smell right now with the Dipset is Death Row, Bad Boy, and Rocafella combined."

Riiiiiight.

Poor Jimmy. When Dame called his album another Reasonable Doubt, Jim didn't say a word. He didn't co-sign, nothing. And that's funny, 'cause Jimmy is known for making outlandish, arrogant claims.

(sohh.com)

R1ZE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Do 4 Love
If Jim Jones is dropping "another Reasonable Doubt" then the rapture must be close.  :-\
« Last Edit: November 16, 2008, 11:55:03 AM by R1ZE »

Blood$

I like some of Jim Jones' shit but  ::)

KURUPTION-81

lol

Kuruption-81 is Back..& He's Calling Jim Jones' Album shit

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I Made Jesus Walks/So I Ain't Never Going To Hell
BALLIN!

Lunatic

Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

Hoodlum204

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Thats Why I Fucked Your Bitch!!
Dame Dash Is So Full Of Shit This Thread Stinks!

Sickaluffa

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • my bitch drives what u drive and she got new tits

Hoodlum204

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Thats Why I Fucked Your Bitch!!
Yeah he's got some good tracks but hyping his album up like that??? i smell disappointment for Jim Jones?? but i have been wrong in the past.  :whistle:

Jome

He forgot to mention the new album-name:

No Homo! (With Reasonable Doubt)

Russell Bell

• Muthafuckin' Don!
He forgot to mention the new album-name:

No Homo! (With Reasonable Doubt)

AAAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAAAHAHA. Wow.
Money like Draymond Green.....yuuup

rhythmalism

• Muthafuckin' Don!
dame dash is broke and jim jones sucks