Author Topic: What would it take...  (Read 1367 times)

Birdie

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
Re: What would it take...
« Reply #30 on: November 17, 2008, 01:11:15 AM »
+1 to Jimmy H. for really good talk.
It's funky enough!

penenstamp

« Reply #31 on: November 17, 2008, 05:25:55 AM »
Mostly true but what I've seen these last two years with Damizza, Dae One, Bishop, Taje etc.. they all work together really well and put out damn good albums.. which they have been putting out for free.. and with ALL of them I would have bought them.

I'm not sure if I would support it since these guys all support mixtape DJ's.

akcranker - The Dangerous Crew Movement

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #32 on: November 17, 2008, 07:02:33 PM »

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I Made Jesus Walks/So I Ain't Never Going To Hell
« Reply #33 on: November 17, 2008, 07:27:57 PM »

Crockett

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Smile Boys Were About To Retire
« Reply #34 on: November 17, 2008, 08:49:07 PM »
real hardcore hip hop like this kurupt. westcoast shit.. shouldent be.. measured by album sales... especially in the hundreds of thousands.. becasue if we do that it means hip hop is dead... a rapin 4 tay or mc eiht is lucky if they do 10 20k in sales.... in my opinion.. this shit we listen to is finished before it gets started... i will always surport it but these cats wont sell in the current enviroment... the pop scene and the mainstreem scene requires to much that some of these west cats just cant do.... take TI for example i wouldent ever buy his shit ever... id rather get the new scc shit but my girl on the other hand is all over it... what im sayin is he applies to a wider audiance.... this shit we listen to is kinda "private"... i mean you could roll on any stranger in the world and talk about 50 cent.. but if you walk up 2 a stanger and start talking about the new cold 187 shit its not gonna compute...

for the west to be big again its gotta sell out in a big way.. down the same road with that sexual seduction snoop bullshit... he really went away from hip hop with it... well it wasent hip hop not one bit... and he was on oprah and shit makin $$ getti nradio and video on a global scale...... bottom line if u pushin a hardcore line u aint gonna get a check from a big lable...