Author Topic: What would it take...  (Read 1338 times)

akcranker - The Dangerous Crew Movement

• Muthafuckin' Don!
What would it take...
« on: November 16, 2008, 12:20:03 AM »
For the Westcoast to create it's own major label to compete with Interscope and others and put it's own on?  Could all these new dudes on the west get together and form something?  I think Damizza could put something like that together and run it.

NEW WEST 2012

• 'G'
Re: What would it take...
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2008, 12:47:15 AM »
IT WOULD TAKE MILLIONS, ASK DRE, CUBE, ICE TEA AND SNOOP TO PUT THEY MONEY TOGETHER AND FORM A SUPER LEBAL, NOT HAPPENING  ;D

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2008, 12:52:10 AM »
Honestly I don't think we want any of them running a label... maybe maybe Cube but none of the others.  Dre takes forever to put out a record and don't put on the west.  Ice T don't really fuck with rap anymore.  Snoop.. well I like him but his production and features and shit just don't work.  I think he would be horrible at running a label.  Cube, WC & Crazy Toones are the closest to putting some real westcoast shit together.

I'd prefer to have Damizza, Dae One, F Major and other west coast producers running that shit and putting on the "newer" west coast cats.  They already are on a smaller scale with their own labels.  Babyree, Diocese, Dae One Productions etc.. but if they could get the money and backings to really promote these dudes... I think then they could bring back the west.

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I Made Jesus Walks/So I Ain't Never Going To Hell
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2008, 12:09:03 PM »
Honestly I don't think we want any of them running a label... maybe maybe Cube but none of the others.  Dre takes forever to put out a record and don't put on the west.  Ice T don't really fuck with rap anymore.  Snoop.. well I like him but his production and features and shit just don't work.  I think he would be horrible at running a label.  Cube, WC & Crazy Toones are the closest to putting some real westcoast shit together.

I'd prefer to have Damizza, Dae One, F Major and other west coast producers running that shit and putting on the "newer" west coast cats.  They already are on a smaller scale with their own labels.  Babyree, Diocese, Dae One Productions etc.. but if they could get the money and backings to really promote these dudes... I think then they could bring back the west.

Nice idea. It could work, would take some time but it could work.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2008, 01:20:53 PM »
Thank you D.. finally someone that can come in and comment and discuss.

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2008, 01:31:03 PM »
Thank you D.. finally someone that can come in and comment and discuss.

No problem. Yeah Damizza could definitely head a label like that. If promoted right I definitely think it could work. And sticking by release dates also.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2008, 01:47:44 PM »
I think they could do it.  Stick with release dates, good promoting... and I think if they could keep the nice IN HOUSE production like the West did back in the day with Death Row & Dangerous Crew etc... they could make some banging CD's and bring back the west.

Where's Damizza at?!?!?!

Birdie

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2008, 01:53:35 PM »
Great idea. But I think people stopped doing deals with each other. Simply they can't make understood, everybody wants to run this and that. They would fight for the money, that's unfortunately today's world.

So they'll put out shitty albums instead of albums full of unity and energy.
It's funky enough!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2008, 01:54:59 PM »
Mostly true but what I've seen these last two years with Damizza, Dae One, Bishop, Taje etc.. they all work together really well and put out damn good albums.. which they have been putting out for free.. and with ALL of them I would have bought them.

NEW WEST 2012

• 'G'
« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2008, 01:58:07 PM »
THE WESTCOAST LEGENDS THAT ARE "RICH" WOULD HAVE TO PUT THERE MONEY IN AS AN INVESTMENT AND STEP BACK AND LET SOME OTHER CAT RUN IT!!! GOOD LUCK  8)

Birdie

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2008, 02:01:49 PM »
Mostly true but what I've seen these last two years with Damizza, Dae One, Bishop, Taje etc.. they all work together really well and put out damn good albums.. which they have been putting out for free.. and with ALL of them I would have bought them.

True statement, I would have bought them too! But, they ain't got power to run the major label in my opinion.
It's funky enough!

NEW WEST 2012

• 'G'
« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2008, 02:03:45 PM »
EVERYBODY COMPLAINS ON THIS WS FORUM, BUT WONT BUY SHIT, MY ALBUM SELLS IN JAPAN, I LIKE THE JAPANESE, THEY BUY 5 COPIES AT A TIME FOR 13.99,  ;D, I FUX WIT THE JAPZ, BUT I WISH I COULD SELL SOME IN FUCKIN ATL OR SOME SHIT, I SOLD ABOUT 250 COPIES OF TURNT UP IN A MONTH ONLINE, WHICH IS GOOD, FOR ME AT LEAST, I MADE MY MONEY BACK AND SOME, SO IM HAPPY, PLUS I SELL BEATS, BUT IT IS REALLY GONNA TAKE US TO HAVE FUN AND MAKE MONEY AND START DEMANDING RESPECT FROM THIS "BIZNESS", AND I AINT TALKIN DEMAND AS IN PUTTIN A BURNER TO A WHITE NIGGA HEAD, I MEAN EARNING IT, I LIKE WHAT PROB IS DOING!!!
« Last Edit: November 16, 2008, 02:06:13 PM by DISKO »

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2008, 02:07:36 PM »
EVERYBODY COMPLAINS ON THIS WS FORUM, BUT WONT BUY SHIT, MY ALBUM SELLS IN JAPAN, I LIKE THE JAPANESE, THEY BUY 5 COPIES AT A TIME FOR 13.99,  ;D, I FUX WIT THE JAPZ, BUT I WISH I COULD SELL SOME IN FUCKIN ATL OR SOME SHIT, I SOLD ABOUT 250 COPIES OF TURNT UP IN A MONTH ONLINE, WHICH IS GOOD, FOR ME AT LEAST, I MADE MY MONEY BACK AND SOME, SO IM HAPPY, PLUS I SELL BEATS, BUT IT IS REALLY GONNA TAKE US TO HAVE FUN AND MAKE MONEY AND START DEMANDING RESPECT FROM THIS "BIZNESS", AND I AINT TALKIN DEMAND AS IN PUTTIN A BURNER TO A WHITE NIGGA HEAD, I MEAN EARNING IT, I LIKE WHAT PROB IS DOING!!!

Well I can't speak for everybody but I still to this day purchase albums.

Birdie

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2008, 02:10:44 PM »

Me too, of course!

DISKO: It ain't relevant with the point of this topic, mayne.
It's funky enough!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: November 16, 2008, 02:12:30 PM »

Me too, of course!

DISKO: It ain't relevant with the point of this topic, mayne.

Thank you