Author Topic: Ill tell ya right now, i cant stand the way some..  (Read 468 times)

techniec

Ill tell ya right now, i cant stand the way some..
« on: March 04, 2002, 03:16:38 AM »
of yall rap, pure maxi style, jacking his shit like he jacked his

its like u cant even come here and spit GRIMEY , u gotta use all these big fuckin words like it makes u better

example

im bustin, with no percussion, you will feel the wrath of my lyrical abduction

like what the fuck that supposed to mean? every single thread in here has something like that, stupid shit that dont make sense

some multis work, example

i come from the school of the hard knocks,
play this freestyle while the car rocks
hydraulics, im leaving you with diseases like malaria and cloric
i kick knowledge

ya dig, (it wasnt the best example but as long as u get the point)

« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

Maestro Minded

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Ill tell ya right now, i cant stand the way so
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2002, 03:21:49 AM »
so yo mean that kurupt, rass kass, xzibit, crooked i and many other west coast artist spits bullshit???

KVB

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2002, 03:29:13 AM »

its like u cant even come here and spit GRIMEY , u gotta use all these big fuckin words like it makes u better

example

like what the fuck that supposed to mean? every single thread in here has something like that, stupid shit that dont make sense

i kick knowledge

I feel your point... I agree 100%.
A seen a lot of battles with strange multis and I'm like "What the FUCK does that mean ?" At times I just felt like saying "fuck you, that's wack"... but I didn't... finally someone feels the same way as I. Props homie... thanks for making this thread, and props for having the courage to speak your mind, and give a FUCK what everybody else says.

Hittman

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2002, 03:29:31 AM »

example

i kick knowledge

Straight Ignorance

infinite59

« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2002, 03:43:39 AM »

example

i kick knowledge

Yo, you shouldn't have said EVERYBODY.  There are peeps here that ain't like that dogg...recognize that.

But I do agree.  Read all of my shit.  I never use the Maxi style that everybody copied.  And now it looks like they copied a copied style.  I've never liked the WRATH-OF-MY-LYRICAL-ABDUCTION type style.  Specially when 70% of the peeps here use that style.  

Hittman

« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2002, 03:54:29 AM »
In My Own Opinon The Best MC's Here Use That Multis Style (Theres Alot Of People Who Don't Use That But Are Still Tight ei. Infinite) But ToNe1904 & I-BO Are In My Eyes The 2 Best MC's Here And They Use The Multis And Punches. Put It This Way - Don't Try And Hide It Everyone, Nearly All You Here Thought Maxi-Padz Was The Tightest Here, Right? Well All His Bitten Peices Were Getting Dope Feeback And No One Was Questions This So Called "Shit Multis Style". Whether Maxi Had Bit Them Joints Or Not Doesn't Matter - Other People Use Them All The Time, And Get Mad Respect For It. Every Bitten Joint We Have Proof On Him For Was Put In That Other Forums "Hall Of Siccness" The Hottest Joints Over Like A Full Year.......The New Style Has Some Much More Advantages To Using It, Especially On Other Boards.

KVB

« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2002, 03:58:35 AM »
Alright, I ain't callin' out names, I ain't speaking of no specific person... it's just that I've seen it in a lot of battles here, especially from Maxi... good thing he's gone.

Trauma-san

« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2002, 04:46:06 AM »

example

i kick knowledge

I TOTALLY agree.  It just pisses me off, and many times, you see lines like these get voted the winner, just because it confused the people judging.  Lemme break it down.

Like you said:

Bustin, that makes since.  But then "with no percussion" makes 0 sense, since Percussion is of course a rythm, so why would you say you're bustin' with no percussion?  Then you will feel the wrath, o.k., i'll swing with that.   Then "Lyrical Abduction" makes no sense whatsoever, what, You're stealing Lines?  Yeah, I think Maxi did that.  So, You're basically saying

I'm Bustin, it doesn't have a rythm, you'll feel the wrath of me stealing lyrics.  

Like you said, I hate that crap.  I'm glad you see it, too.

infinite59

« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2002, 04:59:52 AM »
so yo mean that kurupt, rass kass, xzibit, crooked i and many other west coast artist spits bullshit???

Ras Kass- I will put his lyrics in the Maxi/I-Bo/70% big letter style- this is a diss song he made to the east coast.

(Regular)

West Coast was ressurcted
By me, I'm the mother fuckin' man like homo erectus
So why it matter where rap started
If I wanted to hear from asshole I would have farted
I'm a West Coast artist down wit' clicks from 510 to 516
But dis indiscriminately and you dis me
Fundamentally is the ability to smother suckas
So if rap was born to another then that makes me your mothas-fucka

(Big letters connected style for no reason)

West Coast was RES-SUR-RECTED
By me, I'm the MOTHER-FUCKIN-MAN-LIKE-HOMO-ERECTUS
So WHY-IT-MATTER where RAP-STARTED
If I wanted to hear from ASSHOLE I WOULD-HAVE-FARTED
I'm a WEST-COAST-ARTIST down wit' clicks from 510 to 516
But dis IND-DIS-SCRIM-MINATELY and you dis me
FUND-AMENT-ALLY is the ability to smother suckas
So if rap was born to another then that makes me your MUTHA'S-FUCKA

see this is pointless, but like Trauma was saying, the Ras-lined I use, it all makes sense, but it doesn't make sense when you capatalize and connect things for no reason, that don't even go together like that.

techniec

« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2002, 09:04:16 AM »
hold up

first of all , infinite, i said some of yall, i think the word "some" got cut from the title to the post, so i wasnt speaking on everyone

and as for i bo, yeah kurupt does say stupid shit,
listen to tracks of space boogie, he just puts words together

what im sayin is that im tired of losing to bullshit rhymes, that would get laughed at in my building, or anywhere else i go , to smoke a J and freestyle, whats this pussy shit thats being pulled...........???

'Illicit'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • i rarely smoke... but i love mickey d's
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2002, 09:28:27 AM »

no he didnt,  I aint seen one song by kurupt or whoever where they spit exactly like maxi,      SHAKE-YA-SPOT, BREAK-DA-PLOT kind of shit,   course they use em, but not like that.  I agree with Techniec but I do admit i liked maxis multi style, or some of his raps, but he couldnt do nothing else besides that.  tone and I-Bo use them, but they sound ill overall too. plus its not the same imo.  i dont like using them cuz i get bad feedback when doing so.  plus I like my stlye, I aint elevating as much as DeadSouljah for example. or im probably not capable of beating the ones i beat before but I'm alright.    basically:  let those who like multis and r really good at using them in order to create not only tight wordplay but SENSE-making lyrics, spit em, and those who like it their way, spit those,  

peace, one love
I once walked into a brothel with a honeycomb and a jackass...

"Perhaps the most valuable result of all education is the ability to make yourself do the thing you have to do, when it ought to be done, whether you like it or not."

WCC Hall Of Famer

Tecknine

« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2002, 09:33:37 AM »
i can't stand it because most of the homies use it ....I still refuse to use it...I douse multis but i do not hyphonate every group of words...And i actully make punches that make sence.

min0rity

« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2002, 10:05:04 AM »
yo i fucking agree with prince.........perfect example was my last battle......this newbie gave me a 2.5 just cuz my verse wasn't like maxi's or whatever....its crazy.......i focus on hardness, punchlines, and meanings.....which is what A TRUE RAP VERSE BATTLE should be all about i mean look at the BEST battles in the rap game, did no vaseline, dollars and sense, hit em up, or ether had that bullshit that everybody's doing at this board??? hell no, matter of fact their shit was so simple but people loved it cuz their shit actually Made SENSE, not only was it easy to understand but also it was HARD, had deep meaning to it.....i mean metaphors are good if you use it on SOME lines but every fucking line full of hypos, and shit its very hard to read since that ISN'T rhyming....its confusing and don't make no sense

oh yeah btw....there is NO WAY anybody could actually rap a verse like that  in one piece.....

infinite59

« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2002, 12:18:10 PM »
hold up

first of all , infinite, i said some of yall, i think the word "some" got cut from the title to the post, so i wasnt speaking on everyone

That was my mistake big homie...Put that one on me dog.

Sikotic™

« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2002, 12:34:29 PM »
I, personally am testing that style a little bit because I want to have more deminsions as a lyracist. But I agree that some people in here are over doing it like a muthafucka.

People in here are starting to forget the mesning of verses and the actual battling but instead worrying about how nice it looks (caps, dashes, highlighing, etc) A verse I wrote back in the day and these lines just reminded me of the topic:

"This is a tag team BATTLE but y'all more interested in making your raps beautiful/
Worried about multies and wordplay/
I just speak from the heart and keep it ginuine in a real way/"

I think those couple lines sum up what alot of people mean.

There's nothin wrong with multi's and I'm not knocking it because it's dope, but just like people knock eachother for being simplistic by using old skool rhymes, people who use nothing but multis should get put down the same way.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE