Author Topic: [11.18]Guns_N_Roses-Chinese_Democracy-[Retail][2008][Grouprip]  (Read 1601 times)

LegendaryEternallyCLE

• Lil Geezy
  • Cleveland is the City where I come from
Re: [11.18]Guns_N_Roses-Chinese_Democracy-[Retail][2008][Grouprip]
« Reply #60 on: December 02, 2008, 07:31:58 AM »
I have to disagree with all the hating. I love this album. I've been listening to it non stop since it leaked. I really can't think of many albums that you can play from front to back and not skip a track thats come out in recent times. I don't know about everyone else but I've been turn off by rock for years and this album is bringing me back.

S P I C E

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • LOOK WHO'S BACK
« Reply #61 on: December 02, 2008, 02:03:24 PM »
I have to disagree with all the hating. I love this album. I've been listening to it non stop since it leaked. I really can't think of many albums that you can play from front to back and not skip a track thats come out in recent times. I don't know about everyone else but I've been turn off by rock for years and this album is bringing me back.

Could not agree more!! +1!

Honestly though if you look all over you'll see the majority of the reviews for this album are positive!

DIP DIP SET SET

The-Leak (aka) kingwell (bka) JULES

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES
« Reply #62 on: December 02, 2008, 05:20:29 PM »
Well even sometimes the vocals can get a bit tiring, but the rest of the album is so good instrumentally...  It almost overpowers the vocals...

stillinrehab

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #63 on: December 02, 2008, 10:47:50 PM »
I thought the vocals were cool it was the overdone gat intros and outtros for the sake of it all the way through (Just needed to keep a few more songs a lil bit simpler and it would have been even better) ... I think its good not great and im not a hater I think I have been pretty fair about my review if I was the 'hater' mentioned above... all g if not  8)

This album was similar to me like "Death magnetic" Cool single once I got used to it and then towards the end fell off a lil.... ACDC was also an almost so old bands are still goin ok 8) 8) 8)

LegendaryEternallyCLE

• Lil Geezy
  • Cleveland is the City where I come from
« Reply #64 on: December 03, 2008, 08:42:41 AM »
stillinrehab - I wasn't referring to you hating, after rereading my post I can see how it may come off that way.

I was referring more to Magazine and on line music site reviews. It seems as though it not that the reviewers dislikes the album, it's just trendy for them to diss it since it in a sense became a running joke. It also seems that a lot of reviews either don't like Axel or don't like the fact that the album isn't the original members, so they don't even give it a chance. My favorite argument I keep hearing is it's not a GNR album it's an Axel solo album. I say who cares; it's all about the music. And right now I'm loving the music.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES
« Reply #65 on: December 03, 2008, 09:41:09 PM »
The sales figures are finally in, and after a nearly 17-year wait, Guns N’ Roses’ Chinese Democracy scanned just 261,200 copies, earning the album the #3 position on Billboard’s weekly albums sales chart — right behind Taylor Swift’s Fearless at #2 (with 267,400 sold) and Kanye West’s 808s & Heartbreak, which opens at #1 with sales of 450,000 and change.

Two weeks ago, GN’R’s latest was considered a strong contender for the chart’s peak position, with some predicting the album would outperform West’s 808s in a close race for #1. Instead, history may show Chinese Democracy’s first-week sales as an epic failure.

So, what exactly went wrong? Was it a byproduct of an exclusive deal with Best Buy? Recent albums by the likes of AC/DC and the Eagles were both released exclusively through Wal-Mart (which boasts more locations than Best Buy), and both debuted at #1 with more than 700,000 sold. Did Rose sign an exclusive deal with the wrong retailer?

Did the complete lack of music videos and mainstream press (Rose had not granted any media interviews around the album’s release) hurt the album’s sales? Or did the LP’s extensive delay stymie interest? After all, 17 years is a long time to wait; some spouses don’t even wait that long for incarcerated loved ones.

Was it the innumerable online song leaks over the years, or will the economy be blamed for the album’s third-place finish? Perhaps, for a band that was popular 20 years ago, selling 261,000-plus records is a real achievement — especially in this day and age, when albums aren’t always bought, but illegally downloaded.

Source:  MTV

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES
« Reply #66 on: December 03, 2008, 10:28:38 PM »

Shorter songs....

stillinrehab

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #67 on: December 03, 2008, 11:00:08 PM »
Has anyone else heard the rumor about why sales are bad??? There is a rumor floating around that this album could have easily done number 1 and that Axel hasnt done any promo since the release. They have said that the reason that he hasnt done promo is because he has gone to ground and is trying to reform the old GNR... It is said that the old drummer is keen to come back after rehab and that Axel is on alright terms with Duff and Izzy and its just dependent on  Slash who wouldnt normally even consider this shit but since Velvet Revolver just got dropped from their label there actually could be a chance for reconciliation.... i know its just a rumor but dreams are free  ;D 8)

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES
« Reply #68 on: December 04, 2008, 02:34:14 AM »
Cuz lack of promo.. And the his choice of retail...   I don't think the label wanted to spend even more money for just 1 video, lmao.

eS El Duque

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • SuperTight
« Reply #69 on: December 04, 2008, 01:57:54 PM »
LMAO at Jake :D  This album absolutely shits on anything Metallica has ever done, this album is fuckin brilliant!  My god it's so amazing that I feel overwhelmed even listening to it, I never thought it would be this great but man it's incredible!  Musically this album might be as good as any other album ever made and Axl sounds a lot better than I thought he would.  Sorry is a crazy track, it sounds like Pink Floyd did a song with Axl, it is one of the best rock songs ever and I think it will be played for decades and decades, my god this album rocks!! One of the best rock albums of all time 8)

wow kill yourself.

this album sucks
DUBCC FANTASY BASEBALL CHAMPION 2008

Bjack37781

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #70 on: December 04, 2008, 02:41:27 PM »
not the same without slash duff izzy adler.....

stillinrehab

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #71 on: December 04, 2008, 08:23:30 PM »

Well as I wrote above it could be in the works  8)

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #72 on: December 04, 2008, 10:02:34 PM »
Has anyone else heard the rumor about why sales are bad??? There is a rumor floating around that this album could have easily done number 1 and that Axel hasnt done any promo since the release. They have said that the reason that he hasnt done promo is because he has gone to ground and is trying to reform the old GNR... It is said that the old drummer is keen to come back after rehab and that Axel is on alright terms with Duff and Izzy and its just dependent on  Slash who wouldnt normally even consider this shit but since Velvet Revolver just got dropped from their label there actually could be a chance for reconciliation.... i know its just a rumor but dreams are free  ;D 8)

would be great

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES
« Reply #73 on: February 18, 2010, 03:29:25 PM »
Been listening to this again....  After all the hype and expectations are gone, and listening again, this is a damn good album.

It's just so much more progressive than everyone expected, they were turned off right away..  

Go listen to this again guys, it really is a bit of everything for everyone...

And good production as well, I remember looking into it and it was some YOUNG dude from California, who I've never heard of..  But he did a really good job.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2010, 03:31:20 PM by The-Leak (aka) kingwell (bka) JULES »

Russell Bell

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #74 on: February 18, 2010, 04:09:50 PM »

Well as I wrote above it could be in the works  8)

Will never happen.  Axl hates Slash, and thinks he betrayed the band by leaving 1995.  Slash and Axl both confirmed a story about Slash showing up to Axl's house in LA a couple years back (like 2003), apparently Slash was hammered, and Axl not even speaking to him or letting him in. 

As far as the music is concerned, its an awesome album, that if shallow minded people would look past "whos in or out" of the band and gave the music a chance, they'd probably like at least some of it.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2010, 04:12:03 PM by Russell Bell »
Money like Draymond Green.....yuuup