Author Topic: What do y'all think about this petition from The Sun ?  (Read 474 times)

Elano

What do y'all think about this petition from The Sun ?
« on: November 19, 2008, 04:18:13 AM »
The fact that Baby P was allowed to die despite 60 visits from Haringey Social Services is a national disgrace.

I believe that ALL the social workers involved in the case of Baby P, including Sharon Shoesmith, Maria Ward and Gillie Christou should be sacked - and never allowed to work with vulnerable children again.

I call on Beverley Hughes, the Children's Minister, and Ed Balls, the Education Secretary, to ensure that those responsible are removed from their positions immediately.

I also demand that the doctor and health visitor involved with Baby P, Dr Sabah Al-Zayyat and Paulette Thomas, should also lose their jobs.

I call on the General Medical Council to ensure that they do.

Þŕiņçë

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Cold Hearted Son Of A Bitch
Re: What do y'all think about this petition from The Sun ?
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2008, 10:50:35 AM »
You have lots of demands, do you have hostages?

Þŕiņçë

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Cold Hearted Son Of A Bitch
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2008, 09:38:46 AM »
What the fuck. I started to read that and honestly couldnt make it far. Some people are fucking sick.

Rugged Monk

« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2008, 11:27:54 AM »

Turf Hitta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2008, 10:23:08 AM »
@ OP: You mind telling me what in Satan's Holy fuck you are talking about?

Mr. O

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2008, 11:33:25 AM »
sick fucker... torturing little tatter tot....
[flash=200,200<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/AlIxU8SiFZU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/AlIxU8SiFZU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/flash]

da_notorious_mack

« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2008, 02:32:31 AM »
I signed up for this...think its reached about 10mill signatures now its a fuckin outrage

the media were banned from identifying the culprits but thankfully it was leaked on net by some1 in that area so hopefully the sick fucks get theres in pen

and the social workers involved should get the same imo

LONDON!!

« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2008, 12:32:17 AM »
The fact that Baby P was allowed to die despite 60 visits from Haringey Social Services is a national disgrace.

I believe that ALL the social workers involved in the case of Baby P, including Sharon Shoesmith, Maria Ward and Gillie Christou should be sacked - and never allowed to work with vulnerable children again.

I call on Beverley Hughes, the Children's Minister, and Ed Balls, the Education Secretary, to ensure that those responsible are removed from their positions immediately.

I also demand that the doctor and health visitor involved with Baby P, Dr Sabah Al-Zayyat and Paulette Thomas, should also lose their jobs.

I call on the General Medical Council to ensure that they do.

co sign this, a lot of social workers do a good job, truss me on that, from my experience wit being around homeless social care

i think childcare is a diffrent service though and some people in this service obviously do a good job, but there is obviously a problem wit the vunerable childcare system, because this is the same thing that happened wit victoria climbie, wit the same people being involved at the top, thank god those politicians and head of the child care services lost there jobs this time, for real, the whole situation is fucked up, truss me on that
"get this money by any means nessassary"

Elano

« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2008, 12:37:44 AM »
SHAMELESS Baby P bungler Sharon Shoesmith was finally given the boot over a “fundamental loss of trust and confidence” in her ability, it was revealed last night.

The decision to axe her as director of children’s services at Haringey, North London, was taken by councillors after she dug her heels in and refused to quit or apologise.

Mrs Shoesmith, 55, was dismissed without a penny in compensation.

In the biggest crusade of its kind in newspaper history, 1.4 million Sun readers had signed a petition to Gordon Brown launched on November 13, demanding that heads must roll over Baby P’s death from abuse while being monitored by social workers.

Last night Children’s Secretary Ed Balls praised Haringey’s move.

He had used emergency powers to remove her from her £110,000-a-year post and replace her a week ago, after a damning report into her department’s failure to act to save the agonised tot.

But until yesterday she remained on the council payroll under suspension.

Mr Balls’ spokesman said last night: “Her employment was a matter for Haringey. The Secretary of State is satisfied they have moved swiftly to resolve this.”

Haringey source said a review had “highlighted inadequate management of arrangements for safeguarding children”.

The source added: “The content of the report led to a fundamental loss of trust and confidence in Ms Shoesmith.”

Haringey social services were found to be in chaos and made basic errors.

Baby P died in his blood-soaked cot aged 17 months. He had 50 injuries after months of torture, despite being seen by officials around 60 times.

His abusive mother, 27, stepdad, 32 and their lodger, 36, were convicted over his death and await sentence.

Ms Shoesmith provoked fury after the trial by refusing to apologise for her department’s failings.

She said: “The very sad fact is we can’t stop people who are determined to kill children.”

She also silenced a whistleblower in her department who had raised the alarm — and led an “independent” review into Baby P’s case herself.

Haringey was also to blame for the death by abuse of little Victoria Climbie eight years ago.

statement from Haringey Council said: “Sharon Shoesmith has been dismissed with immediate effect.

“Ms Shoesmith will not be returning to work in Haringey.

“She will not receive any compensation package. She will not receive any payment in lieu of notice.”

But it is thought Ms Shoesmith WILL receive a pension worth around £1.5MILLION.

And employment experts warned she could rake in up to £100,000 if she appeals against her sacking and wins.

Three other child workers at Haringey remain under investigation.