Author Topic: Ludacris_-_Theater_Of_The_Mind-2008-[Retail][GroupRip][2008]  (Read 1685 times)

penenstamp

Re: Ludacris_-_Theater_Of_The_Mind-2008-[Retail][GroupRip][2008]
« Reply #45 on: November 19, 2008, 03:39:24 PM »
^edited to include the intro bein hot..

But your review said it was a very good or great album. That's how you rate the songs at least :-\
not to my standards..to me, tracks that are 3.5 or 3.75 are average..there are 5 songs that i rated that or lower..all avg..i rated "everybody hates chris" 4 but after another 2 listens to it, probably more of a 3.75..the nas/jigga track is extremely disappointing (although rated a 4)..thats 7 songs right there, more than half the cd..

Then how do you rate E. 1999 Eternal? 10 out of 5?

ωεεźγ ғ

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #46 on: November 19, 2008, 03:39:57 PM »
can anyone hook me up with the intro fam?

Lunatic

« Reply #47 on: November 19, 2008, 03:41:31 PM »

But your review said it was a very good or great album. That's how you rate the songs at least :-\
not to my standards..to me, tracks that are 3.5 or 3.75 are average..there are 5 songs that i rated that or lower..all avg..i rated "everybody hates chris" 4 but after another 2 listens to it, probably more of a 3.75..the nas/jigga track is extremely disappointing (although rated a 4)..thats 7 songs right there, more than half the cd..

have yet to do the Bones disco..
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

OchoCinco

« Reply #48 on: November 19, 2008, 03:58:31 PM »
some one want to send me a pm?

R1ZE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Do 4 Love
« Reply #49 on: November 19, 2008, 04:12:37 PM »
Mini Review

Intro is hot, but its his worst since Red Light District. possibly worse. 3.5/5

Undisputed with Money Mayweathers hot, lyrically just about every line hits. beat is cool too. 4/5

Wish You Would... the beat and luda are pretty meh. ti kills luda on his own song in retaliation for "on top of the world" 3/5

One More Drink is nice and laid back.. reminds me of some 90s rnb song though. its not as good as that one, whatever it is 4/5

Call Up the Homies is aight.. game and luda are just phoning it in imo. beat doesnt do much for me right now, but I'm pretty tired so I might like it more tomorrow. 2.5/5

Southern Gangsta
zzzzzzz.......... Luda needs better beats. hes spittin, but it doesn't matter. whoevers talkin is corny as fuck. rick ross is just "there" 2.5/5

Everybody Hates Chris
wow @ this hook  :laugh: album is starting to really dip now... 2.5/5

I Know What Them Girls Like
note: i dont like this song. but it has a certain something that all the songs before it didnt. the clapping is dumb, but this is a 3/5

Nasty Girl fuck, this beat is so repetitive. its not even good. completely forgettable 1.5/5

Contagious
finally something that I'll be playing over. really nice jazzy beat. if you didnt know who it was, you would never guess jamie foxx was singing 4/5

Last of a Dying Breath hes spitting but the beat gets fucking annoying as fuck. at times it feels real epic, other times its just noise. waynes verse starts out real strong but then turns into bullshit. kind of like a parody of himself... the end is just rediculous. he cant be serious with that voice 3.5/5

MVP i love preme, but isnt one of his best beats. luda actually outshines it. 3.5/5

I Do It For Hip-Hop
I posted my thoughts in that other topic, but I've been able to meditate on it now. The beat is nice; better than the preme beat before it actually. Luda commands the track with his voice; jay and nas sound old and tired in comparison. they arent rapping with conviction, they're just there. jay especially is bad. he tried to change it up and bring an old school flow, but... it just doesnt work. that said, 4/5

Do The Right Thang - Nothing special imo. wtfs up with comms flow? 3/5

Overall: That said, now that I've heard it - I gotta say this album does have a cohesive sound. Every beat has a certain feel to it.. I can't really describe it, but its this incomplete feeling. Something about the mixing, maybe. Lyrically, luda's back on his punchline game this album. Constantly entertaining, so if you don't mind a dip in beats it'll keep you entertained. The guest features don't hurt the album imo. There are some weak performances here and there, but luda commands every track. you never forget who you're listening to. After my first listen, I'm not anticipating much replay value, but we'll see how that pans out. As you can see from the review, not much stands out, and the album is by association very forgettable.

3/5

call me crazy, but I like release therapy more.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2008, 04:54:41 PM by R1ZE »

NiCc_FrUm_ThA_nO

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • EastSide But I Represent The Whole F
« Reply #50 on: November 19, 2008, 04:34:38 PM »
Fav Tracks: Intro, Undisputed, Wish You Would, Call Up The Homies, Everybody Hates Chris, Last Of A Dying Breed, MVP, I Do It For Hip Hop, Do The Right Thing

Koo/OK Tracks: One More Drink(Koo Single), Southern Gangsta(Fuck U Rick Ross), Nasty Girl(Better Than I Expected, Not That Bad, Plus Reminds Me Of An Old Friend ;)), Contagious

Wack Tracks: What Them Girls Like

Very solid album, definently coppin this when it drops.

bad-n-fluenz supporter of the dangerous crew movement

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #51 on: November 19, 2008, 04:52:17 PM »
some one want to send me a pm?

click this link, scroll down & you will find what your looking for

http://gfbserkan.blogspot.com/

penenstamp

« Reply #52 on: November 19, 2008, 09:38:09 PM »

have yet to do the Bones disco..

Doggystyle then. Is that a 9 or 10 out of 5? lol You're crazy for ratings like 2.75 for a song like What Them Girls Like. That can't possibly be more than 1/5.

Rick McCrank

« Reply #53 on: November 19, 2008, 11:58:54 PM »
the best tracks are

MVP

Undisputed

that Primo beat is so god damn hard, I had that on repeat all day

and Ludacris kills that Undisputed

the ones with TI and Game were dope too

The_Game

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #54 on: November 20, 2008, 02:09:23 AM »
Is he dissin Young Buck on Undisputed?

Rick McCrank

« Reply #55 on: November 20, 2008, 03:58:14 AM »

or else you stuck with it, you'll get "Stomp"d so bad
you'll leave the scene thinkin eight Young Buck's did it

how the fuck is this a diss?  "Stomp" is a track by Young Buck

do you even listen to lyrics, or do you just hear a rappers name and think it's an automatic diss?

idiot... fucking moron.... god I hate you.... fuckin shit god damnit, fuck

FUCK you're so stupid

AnybodyKilla

« Reply #56 on: November 20, 2008, 04:01:24 AM »
I bumped this one time through earlier today and it sounded really fresh. Luda was on point with the lyrics and the features weren't to bad either.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2008, 02:36:18 PM by AnybodyKilla »

Rick McCrank

« Reply #57 on: November 20, 2008, 04:05:12 AM »

Wish You Would... ti kills luda on his own song in retaliation for "on top of the world" 3/5

Call Up the Homies is aight.. game and luda are just phoning it in imo. beat doesnt do much for me right now, but I'm pretty tired so I might like it more tomorrow. 2.5/5

MVP i love preme, but isnt one of his best beats. luda actually outshines it. 3.5/5

I Do It For Hip-Hop The beat is nice; better than the preme beat before it actually.

I know everyone has preference but what fuckin planet are you from?

"I Do It for Hip-Hop" beat is better than "MVP"?  that track bored the shit out of me, barely made it past the first verse

I agree with most of what you wrote about the rest though...

penenstamp

« Reply #58 on: November 20, 2008, 04:05:39 AM »

or else you stuck with it, you'll get "Stomp"d so bad
you'll leave the scene thinkin eight Young Buck's did it

how the fuck is this a diss?  "Stomp" is a track by Young Buck

do you even listen to lyrics, or do you just hear a rappers name and think it's an automatic diss?

idiot... fucking moron.... god I hate you.... fuckin shit god damnit, fuck

FUCK you're so stupid

:D

R1ZE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Do 4 Love
« Reply #59 on: November 20, 2008, 06:43:19 AM »

Wish You Would... ti kills luda on his own song in retaliation for "on top of the world" 3/5

I Do It For Hip-Hop The beat is nice; better than the preme beat before it actually.

I know everyone has preference but what fuckin planet are you from?

"I Do It for Hip-Hop" beat is better than "MVP"?  that track bored the shit out of me, barely made it past the first verse

I agree with most of what you wrote about the rest though...

I don't know, I feel like people might be giving it extra credit just cause its premier

it doesnt match up to any of the beats he gave term