Author Topic: Ludacris_-_Theater_Of_The_Mind-2008-[Retail][GroupRip][2008]  (Read 1655 times)

CHUCK KNOXXX

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • FUCK LOVE & FUCK THE WORLD
Re: Ludacris_-_Theater_Of_The_Mind-2008-[Retail][GroupRip][2008]
« Reply #60 on: November 20, 2008, 10:20:47 AM »
shit, i just peeped mvp on youtube and that shit is ill as fuck....it actually compelled me to check out the rest of the album, which i wasnt really planning on doing
http://www.facebook.com/AllAngles818 
CLICK ALBUM COVERS TO DOWNLOAD

PROMack

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #61 on: November 20, 2008, 11:33:58 AM »
I actually liked Release Therapy better.

The-Leak (aka) kingwell (bka) JULES

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES
« Reply #62 on: November 20, 2008, 01:20:36 PM »
Release Therapy was waaaaay better.. More subtance.  This sounds like they tryed to make a generic single with each song.  The best joint (where Luda spit like he should) was the Lil Wayne joint..  Killed the last verse...

Nothing worth keeping here, tho..  ???

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #63 on: November 20, 2008, 01:30:04 PM »
i dk bout you guys (i guess you dont like it), but this is goood! 8)

Invincible

« Reply #64 on: November 20, 2008, 01:35:28 PM »
Release Therapy was waaaaay better.. More subtance.  This sounds like they tryed to make a generic single with each song.  The best joint (where Luda spit like he should) was the Lil Wayne joint..  Killed the last verse...

You're telling me MVP aint worth keeping?

R1ZE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Do 4 Love
« Reply #65 on: November 20, 2008, 02:01:40 PM »

agreed +1

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #66 on: November 20, 2008, 02:23:56 PM »
Release Therapy only had Tell It Like It Is, War With God, Runaways Love, Slap and Do Your Time as track with substance and even half of these is questionable. But yeah, he definetly went more with the punchlines on this cd, which isn't a bad thing either. And he has tracks like Last Of A Dying Breed, MVP, Do It For Hip Hop and Wake Up.

But I do have to listen to it properly, I only had 1 quick skim through, didn't have the time yesterday and don't have it today. I'll bump it over the weekend to see what's up and how it compares to Release Therapy.

R1ZE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Do 4 Love
« Reply #67 on: November 20, 2008, 02:43:50 PM »
imo Release Therapy is better than peope give it credit for

yeah, it won a grammy, but in hip hop circles for some reason its looked at poorly

its easily his second-best lp, if not his best

Rick McCrank

« Reply #68 on: November 20, 2008, 02:44:34 PM »

Wish You Would... ti kills luda on his own song in retaliation for "on top of the world" 3/5

Call Up the Homies is aight.. game and luda are just phoning it in imo. beat doesnt do much for me right now, but I'm pretty tired so I might like it more tomorrow. 2.5/5

MVP i love preme, but isnt one of his best beats. luda actually outshines it. 3.5/5

I Do It For Hip-Hop The beat is nice; better than the preme beat before it actually.

I know everyone has preference but what fuckin planet are you from?

"I Do It for Hip-Hop" beat is better than "MVP"?  that track bored the shit out of me, barely made it past the first verse

I agree with most of what you wrote about the rest though...

I don't know, I feel like people might be giving it extra credit just cause its premier

it doesnt match up to any of the beats he gave term

of course you give it extra credit because it's Premier

it's Premier and Ludacris, something we've never heard, plus that beat is awesome

I couldn't ask of any better, that's exactly what I'd expect for this joint

guess people have different tastes... just surprising to see you kind of put it down, that's all I'm sayin

Blood$

« Reply #69 on: November 20, 2008, 05:06:50 PM »
I always liked Ludacris but was never that big on him... this album is pretty dope but I'm still unsure if I'ma cop it cuz money is an issue right now

every track is pretty dope, the only ones I don't really fuck with are "What Them Girls Like", "Nasty Girl", and "Contagious"... the rest is bangin'  8)

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES
« Reply #70 on: November 20, 2008, 09:29:42 PM »
I'm just saying, ALOT of the tracks have no coherent concept.   It's like his FEATURES, it's good for one verse, cuz the punches and flow, but there is no concept so how can you listen to it for 3 verses??

Runaway Love, and Slap, the two songs with the most substance on Release Therapy, shit on almost all of these songs....

MVP with Premo??  It's punches..  WTF is he saying on this song?  NOTHING.  East coast cats (Well some of them) actually tell a story and message when they get on Premo beats...

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES
« Reply #71 on: November 20, 2008, 09:36:25 PM »
^edited to include the intro bein hot..

But your review said it was a very good or great album. That's how you rate the songs at least :-\
not to my standards..to me, tracks that are 3.5 or 3.75 are average..there are 5 songs that i rated that or lower..all avg..i rated "everybody hates chris" 4 but after another 2 listens to it, probably more of a 3.75..the nas/jigga track is extremely disappointing (although rated a 4)..thats 7 songs right there, more than half the cd..

Then how do you rate E. 1999 Eternal? 10 out of 5?
have yet to do the Bones disco..

Doggystyle then. Is that a 9 or 10 out of 5? lol You're crazy for ratings like 2.75 for a song like What Them Girls Like. That can't possibly be more than 1/5.

U haven't heard E 99??  Wtfffff download it right now soldier!

Ok let's look at this.  Based on the 5 point system.  5 being one of the best songs you've heard in your Hip-Hop career.  1 being one of the worst songs..  2.5 is the automatic "average" song.. So if you look at club songs, Wat Them Girls Like is certainly not the best club banger made, and it is pretty average.  That's a good rating man.. If you want a 1/5 club song, check out that one by XL MIDDLETON. 

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #72 on: November 21, 2008, 04:25:28 AM »
I'm just saying, ALOT of the tracks have no coherent concept.   It's like his FEATURES, it's good for one verse, cuz the punches and flow, but there is no concept so how can you listen to it for 3 verses??

Runaway Love, and Slap, the two songs with the most substance on Release Therapy, shit on almost all of these songs....

MVP with Premo??  It's punches..  WTF is he saying on this song?  NOTHING.  East coast cats (Well some of them) actually tell a story and message when they get on Premo beats...

But Ludacris is entertaining enough to keep you listening, unlike some other punchline rappers (Banks, Fab) that make you wana zzzzzzzzzz.

penenstamp

« Reply #73 on: November 21, 2008, 06:17:00 AM »

But your review said it was a very good or great album. That's how you rate the songs at least :-\
not to my standards..to me, tracks that are 3.5 or 3.75 are average..there are 5 songs that i rated that or lower..all avg..i rated "everybody hates chris" 4 but after another 2 listens to it, probably more of a 3.75..the nas/jigga track is extremely disappointing (although rated a 4)..thats 7 songs right there, more than half the cd..

Doggystyle then. Is that a 9 or 10 out of 5? lol You're crazy for ratings like 2.75 for a song like What Them Girls Like. That can't possibly be more than 1/5.

Ok let's look at this.  Based on the 5 point system.  5 being one of the best songs you've heard in your Hip-Hop career.  1 being one of the worst songs..  2.5 is the automatic "average" song.. So if you look at club songs, Wat Them Girls Like is certainly not the best club banger made, and it is pretty average.  That's a good rating man.. If you want a 1/5 club song, check out that one by XL MIDDLETON. 

XL Middleton is good. What (song) are you talking about?

And about E. 1999... Once Lunatic listens to it, it'll cure him from his T.I. disease.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES
« Reply #74 on: November 21, 2008, 12:59:53 PM »

But Ludacris is entertaining enough to keep you listening, unlike some other punchline rappers (Banks, Fab) that make you wana zzzzzzzzzz.

Difference of opinion there, I think Fab kills with his punches, lyrics-wise..  His flow can get monotonous tho I'll give u that, and Banks shouldn't even be mentioned..

XL Middleton is good. What (song) are you talking about?

And about E. 1999... Once Lunatic listens to it, it'll cure him from his T.I. disease.

lol I was just fuckin' with ya!

Yep, E 99 will wake him up like E-40 was in his room..