Author Topic: Ludacris_-_Theater_Of_The_Mind-2008-[Retail][GroupRip][2008]  (Read 1684 times)

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Ludacris_-_Theater_Of_The_Mind-2008-[Retail][GroupRip][2008]
« Reply #75 on: November 27, 2008, 06:45:16 AM »
I finally got a chance to listen to the album during this past few days. Despite loving it at the first listen, it quickly became clear that the album has low replay value. Here's a short review.

01. Intro 4,5/5
Luda's intro's are always top notch. This one doesn't dissapoint, flow is insane and some very nice punchlines. Cool beat from Runners too.

02. Undisputed 4,5/5
Some crazy shit right here. Song is filled with one dope punchline after another. Some people might say it lacks substance but imo Luda is one of the rare rappers that can actually get away with it because he's that much entertaining. Soulful production from Don Cannon and Flloyd Mayweather is nice addition and fits the concept of the song.

03. Wish You Would 2/5
Really average. From Toomp beat to T.I.'s and Luda's raps. I expected something much better from the 2 than just bragging about their wealth, they could've adressed their beef situation. The collabo track on Paper Trail is 10x better.

04. One More Drink 4/5
I didn't like at first but now I love it. Luda show his storytelling abilitys, T-Pain kills the hook (yep) and Trackmasters dropped a really smooth backdrop. The song and video kinda jack Obie's "Got Some Teeth" but whatever. Funny track too.

05. Call Up The Homies 4/5
Nothing special here subject wise but it works. Track is a banger, Clinton Sparks dropped a Dre-ish beat and it has a great bassline but it's too silent, Dre should've mixed it.

06. Southern Gangsters 2/5
Very boring. Luda killed his verse as always but everything else is meh. Rick Ross and Playaz Circle features are completley unnecesary.

07. Everybody Hates Chris 3/5
I still don't know what I think of this song. There's something annoying about it but I can't put my finger on it. So, I'm just gonna give it an average rating.

08. What Them Girls Like 1/5
Garbage. Annoying. Bassline is horrible. Concept already done like 1000 times. Luda and his first singles  :'(

09. Nasty Girl 1/5
Even worse than the previous one. What the fuck is Luda thinking putting tracks like this on the album

10.  Contagious 3,5/5
This one has a really nice jazzy vibe, with the smooth production and great chours from Jamie Foxx. The only problem is that it's one of those songs where you really have to be in that mood to listen to it.

11. Last Of A Dying Breed 4,5/5
Epic production and Luda killed it with punchlines in the first verse and emotions in the 3rd verse. Chours is also really fresh with Rakim sample. This doesn't get a 5/5 because Luda fucked it up by putting Wayne on it. He's not bad at all on this track but he is completley outshined by Luda who really went off on this track, so I really don't understand why he had to put Wayne on it.

12. MVP 5/5
Definetly my favourite record on the album. Classic Premo beat and scratches. Luda sounds like an Eastcoast Mc on this joint, crazy shit.

13. I Do It For Hip Hop 4/5
This track could've been so much bigger. The producer and Luda did their job but Nas and Jay dissapointed. Especially Jay with that garbage flow.

14. Do The Right Thing 4,5/5
Great way to end the album. I really like how the beat switches from horns to the christmasy flute. Luda and Common both do the track justice.

Overall 3/5: Another album from Ludacris that doesn't add up to his potential. Ludacris kept saying how he made this album because people don't put him in his top 5 or whatever. Well Luda, as long as you're gonna keep making forced tracks like 8 and 9 you don't deserve to be put in the list. I always thought the whole movie concept of the album he kept talking about was kinda corny. And I was right. It gave him an excuse to put so many features on it, which is definetly a big problem in todays rap album. Nobody wants to do an album on their own anymore. As far as substance and subjet matter: I don't really mind at all that Luda went completley crazy with punchlines on this one, like I've said before, he's definetly entertaining enough. And he never gets outshined, unlike Game who also has tons of features on his albums. So, the biggest problem remains low replay value, with the exception of 3,4 tracks.

« Last Edit: November 27, 2008, 06:46:50 AM by Meho »

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #76 on: November 27, 2008, 06:55:47 AM »
Oh and about the whole Theater vs. Release Therapy, fuck it, put the best tracks from both album together and you get a dope album:

01. Warning (Intro)
Produced by Vudu Spellz

02. Grew Up A Screw Up (feat Young Jeezy)
Produced by DJ Nasty & LVM

03. Girls Gone Wild (feat. Pharrell)
Produced by The Neptunes

04. Woozy (feat. R. Kelly)
Produced by KenJo

05. Tell It Like It Is
Produced by Omen for the Elaborate Musik Workshop

06. War With God
Produced by Andre Harris & Vidal Davis
Co-Produced By Don Cheegro & Dirty Harry

07.. Do Your Time (feat. Beanie Sigel, C-Murder & Pimp C)
Produced by The Trak Starz

08. Slap
Produced by The Runners

09.. Runaway Love (feat. Mary J. Blige)
Produced by Polow Da Don

10. Intro
Score by The Runners

11. Undisputed (Co-starring Floyd Mayweather)
Score by Don Cannon

12. One More Drink (Co-starring T-Pain)
Score by Poke and Tone for Track Masters and Spanador for Track Masters

13. Call Up The Homies (Co-starring The Game & Willy Northpole)
Score by Clinton Sparks & Kamau Georges

14. Last Of A Dying Breed (Co-starring Lil Wayne)
Score by Wyldfyer...The Truth

15. MVP
Score by DJ Premier

16. I Do It For Hip Hop (Co-starring Nas & Jay-Z)
Score by Wyldfyer...The Truth

17. Do The Right Thang (Co-starring Spike Lee & Common)
Score by 9th Wonder

Bonus Tracks:

We Ain't Worried 'Bout U'
Produced by Scott Storch 

Let's Stay Together
Produced by DJ Paul & Juicy J

NotoriousTDA

« Reply #77 on: November 27, 2008, 08:33:27 AM »
The album is tight son!!  8)

Songs that get played:

Undisputed
Wish You Would
What Them Girls Like
Last Of The Dying Breed
MVP
Do the Right Thing

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I Made Jesus Walks/So I Ain't Never Going To Hell
« Reply #78 on: November 27, 2008, 10:33:21 AM »
I finally got a chance to listen to the album during this past few days. Despite loving it at the first listen, it quickly became clear that the album has low replay value. Here's a short review.

01. Intro 4,5/5
Luda's intro's are always top notch. This one doesn't dissapoint, flow is insane and some very nice punchlines. Cool beat from Runners too.

02. Undisputed 4,5/5
Some crazy shit right here. Song is filled with one dope punchline after another. Some people might say it lacks substance but imo Luda is one of the rare rappers that can actually get away with it because he's that much entertaining. Soulful production from Don Cannon and Flloyd Mayweather is nice addition and fits the concept of the song.

03. Wish You Would 2/5
Really average. From Toomp beat to T.I.'s and Luda's raps. I expected something much better from the 2 than just bragging about their wealth, they could've adressed their beef situation. The collabo track on Paper Trail is 10x better.

04. One More Drink 4/5
I didn't like at first but now I love it. Luda show his storytelling abilitys, T-Pain kills the hook (yep) and Trackmasters dropped a really smooth backdrop. The song and video kinda jack Obie's "Got Some Teeth" but whatever. Funny track too.

05. Call Up The Homies 4/5
Nothing special here subject wise but it works. Track is a banger, Clinton Sparks dropped a Dre-ish beat and it has a great bassline but it's too silent, Dre should've mixed it.

06. Southern Gangsters 2/5
Very boring. Luda killed his verse as always but everything else is meh. Rick Ross and Playaz Circle features are completley unnecesary.

07. Everybody Hates Chris 3/5
I still don't know what I think of this song. There's something annoying about it but I can't put my finger on it. So, I'm just gonna give it an average rating.

08. What Them Girls Like 1/5
Garbage. Annoying. Bassline is horrible. Concept already done like 1000 times. Luda and his first singles  :'(

09. Nasty Girl 1/5
Even worse than the previous one. What the fuck is Luda thinking putting tracks like this on the album

10.  Contagious 3,5/5
This one has a really nice jazzy vibe, with the smooth production and great chours from Jamie Foxx. The only problem is that it's one of those songs where you really have to be in that mood to listen to it.

11. Last Of A Dying Breed 4,5/5
Epic production and Luda killed it with punchlines in the first verse and emotions in the 3rd verse. Chours is also really fresh with Rakim sample. This doesn't get a 5/5 because Luda fucked it up by putting Wayne on it. He's not bad at all on this track but he is completley outshined by Luda who really went off on this track, so I really don't understand why he had to put Wayne on it.

12. MVP 5/5
Definetly my favourite record on the album. Classic Premo beat and scratches. Luda sounds like an Eastcoast Mc on this joint, crazy shit.

13. I Do It For Hip Hop 4/5
This track could've been so much bigger. The producer and Luda did their job but Nas and Jay dissapointed. Especially Jay with that garbage flow.

14. Do The Right Thing 4,5/5
Great way to end the album. I really like how the beat switches from horns to the christmasy flute. Luda and Common both do the track justice.

Overall 3/5: Another album from Ludacris that doesn't add up to his potential. Ludacris kept saying how he made this album because people don't put him in his top 5 or whatever. Well Luda, as long as you're gonna keep making forced tracks like 8 and 9 you don't deserve to be put in the list. I always thought the whole movie concept of the album he kept talking about was kinda corny. And I was right. It gave him an excuse to put so many features on it, which is definetly a big problem in todays rap album. Nobody wants to do an album on their own anymore. As far as substance and subjet matter: I don't really mind at all that Luda went completley crazy with punchlines on this one, like I've said before, he's definetly entertaining enough. And he never gets outshined, unlike Game who also has tons of features on his albums. So, the biggest problem remains low replay value, with the exception of 3,4 tracks.

Nice review Meho. I have not checked it out yet, waiting till I get paid to pick it up.

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #79 on: November 27, 2008, 10:55:34 AM »
I haven't gotten my copy yet  :baseballbat:

kemizt

Rick McCrank

« Reply #80 on: November 27, 2008, 01:22:48 PM »
Meho, you basically mirror my exact opinion, I agree pretty much 100%

anyone got that UK Bonus Track produced by Three 6 Mafia?
« Last Edit: November 27, 2008, 02:07:47 PM by Rick McCrank »

D1G1T4L

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Digital Productions
« Reply #81 on: November 27, 2008, 03:05:21 PM »
you havent heard bone thugs e 1999 and you are posting your opinions on a hip hop board?  :o :P  :-[ :laugh:

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #82 on: November 27, 2008, 03:45:37 PM »
you havent heard bone thugs e 1999 and you are posting your opinions on a hip hop board?  :o :P  :-[ :laugh:
lol

kemizt

The-Leak (aka) kingwell (bka) JULES

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES
« Reply #83 on: November 27, 2008, 06:49:50 PM »

Pretty much..

westside159

« Reply #84 on: November 27, 2008, 09:46:47 PM »
Best album out hands down .. Theater Of The mind is way better than Release Therapy your NUTS !!!

DOPE ALBUM  MY FAVORITE LUDA ALBUM ALL DAY

BEST SONGS

MVP
I DO IT FOR HIP HOP
INTRO
LAST OF A DYING BREED
DO THE RIGHT THING
EVERYBODY HATES CHRIS
CONTAGIOUS
UNIDISPUTED  8) 8) 8)
CALL UP THE HOMIEZ
SOUTHERN GANGSTA 8) 8)
Even that song Nasty Girls was tight , and i thought that song would sound wack , but it wasnt ..   

SONGS IM NOT FEELIN -

WHAT THEM GIRLS LIKE
ONE MORE DRINK
WISH YOU WOULD

Ali Tha Great

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #85 on: November 27, 2008, 10:44:00 PM »
lol

Ali Tha Great

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #86 on: November 27, 2008, 10:44:27 PM »
can someone hook this shit up... 8)

westside159

« Reply #87 on: November 28, 2008, 07:13:56 PM »
I made a thousand rappers put shackles on they feet wit me , and then i broke free , ill letting loose when Bobby Brown & Whiteny Houston become drug free "  8) 8) 8) LUDA

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #88 on: November 28, 2008, 08:03:20 PM »
im lovin this album! ;D

MoodMuzik

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #89 on: November 28, 2008, 08:24:53 PM »
cd is cool but had terrible replay besides som songs