Author Topic: Lion vs. Tiger  (Read 582 times)

BiggSadot

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Lion vs. Tiger
« Reply #15 on: November 20, 2008, 05:51:02 PM »
LOL @ the Lion just rollin over and laying there. Male Lions are lazy as hell the females tend to be more active.

that's cuz the lion is a true g. he kicks back and posts in the cut while his female hunts for his food. king status.

Word Up. Im a Leo so its funny seein the similarities between the actual animal and my personality. Somedays all I do is lay around and eat and fuck all day.
Sometimes I need reminders why I bother to rap
Then I think back to cats who only father is rap
I dead beats, but you niggas is Lou
Im Uncle Phil gotta give em somethin real
cause If I dont who will

.:DaYg0sTyLz:.

« Reply #16 on: November 20, 2008, 06:54:55 PM »
tigers own lions, i thought yall knew

not necessarily true...while the tiger is bigger, the lion has better hunting skills and has a stronger upper body.

i ment own as in, a 1 on 1 fight the tiger always wins

again, that's not true...sometimes the lion wins, sometimes the tiger wins. it all depends on the circumstances.

dude, youre just arguin to argue lol. True, anythng can happen. But most animal experts always agree that on average...a full grown Tiger will defeat a full grown Lion in a one on one confrontation.  Its true what u said about the hunting skills of a Lion, but in a one on one fight...the Tiger is much more accustomed to one on one encounters then the Lion is, seeing as how they hunt in packs.
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

Ares_Tha_Vicious

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #17 on: November 20, 2008, 08:33:24 PM »
they are playing.
thats a siberian tiger. ( biggest wild cat )
lions are #1.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #18 on: November 21, 2008, 02:55:36 AM »

not necessarily true...while the tiger is bigger, the lion has better hunting skills and has a stronger upper body.

again, that's not true...sometimes the lion wins, sometimes the tiger wins. it all depends on the circumstances.

dude, youre just arguin to argue lol. True, anythng can happen. But most animal experts always agree that on average...a full grown Tiger will defeat a full grown Lion in a one on one confrontation.  Its true what u said about the hunting skills of a Lion, but in a one on one fight...the Tiger is much more accustomed to one on one encounters then the Lion is, seeing as how they hunt in packs.

i'm not arguing to argue, i know a lot about big cats and trust me when i say lions can definitely toss tigers. animal experts say it'd be a pretty even fight...PeACe

« Reply #19 on: November 21, 2008, 11:47:54 AM »

neither of these is true though. The tiger hunts on its own while the lion hunts in packs (or prides, whatever). The lion has more massively built shoulders, but the tiger has more developed legs. Overall the tiger is more massively built then a lion. Even pound for pound, they say, the tiger has anatomy-advantage over the lion in the forequarters.

Tigers are also known to have more bite-force then lions.

While lions hunt, just like tigers hunt. Tigers are far more prone to fighting, either with other tigers, or other animals like leopards, bears, wild dogs and elephants. %30 of tiger deaths occur due to territorial disputes with other tigers.

Tigers also typically have better skills of fighting techniques. Its can swipe faster then a lion, can use both the front legs at the same time to swipe, has bigger paws and canines, is faster and more agile then a lion...not to mention, typically larger.

People typically have the misconception that lions are more aggressive then tigers. But that is incorrect also. Being that lions live in prides, and hunt in prides...they are sometimes more prone to attacking right away. Tigers are more likely to assess a situation before attacking as they hunt on their own. Once drawn into a fight, they are known to be the most aggressive large cat (particularly the Bengal). Also, they are more likely to fight larger and more aggressive animals like the ones i mentioned earlier due to the fact that those animals shy away from lions (because there are usually a large group of lions). So tigers become more accustomed to one on one combat.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2008, 11:54:32 AM by .:DaYg0sTyLz:. »
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

LooN3y

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Paid Tha Cost 2 Be Tha Boss
« Reply #20 on: November 21, 2008, 12:45:21 PM »
well i thought we were talking about 1 on 1 the whole time.....

Tha Reella - Slap A Nigga Up Like Wyatt Earp / Sig downsized, too big.

« Reply #21 on: November 21, 2008, 12:52:16 PM »

exactly. Lions hunt, but usually in a group and dont tend to fight in one on one situations nearly as much as tigers do.

LooN3y

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Paid Tha Cost 2 Be Tha Boss
« Reply #22 on: November 21, 2008, 01:23:36 PM »

exactly. Lions hunt, but usually in a group and dont tend to fight in one on one situations nearly as much as tigers do.

ive seen videos and tigers always own em.

Tha Reella - Slap A Nigga Up Like Wyatt Earp / Sig downsized, too big.

Ares_Tha_Vicious

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #23 on: November 21, 2008, 02:30:00 PM »

sooo true elior......lions are first off the smartest felines of the wild ( house cats are the smartest ).
lions are the only cats to differ from appearence depending on gender due to the social structure.
Male lions are built all in the chest/arms....if u compare a 600lbs lion vs a 800lbs tiger....the front arms/chest will be around the same..yet the back legs of the lion are much smaller.

lions psend the 1st 5yrs of their lives trinaing to fight.....all the male lion is supposed to do is protect the pride and nothing else...they are the true fighters of the cats.

Ares_Tha_Vicious

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #24 on: November 21, 2008, 02:37:06 PM »

k u r wrong.... 1st off if ur gonna take them at the same wieght....the lion wins....male lions have shitty hunting skills...they are fighters not hunters..the females do that.

now u also have to be more specific in which tiger...cuz bengals have the best chance to fight a lion simply cuz they fight more often...but siberians are the biggest wild cat yet they are not viciuos or as aggressive as the bengal..

now if u wanna know who is the top meat eater....its a grizzly ofc....they found 2 900+ siberian tigers dead next to eachother with their skulls crushed.....experts think it was 1 grizzly who took them out cuz only he has the power to shatter bones like that....
aswell as the documented spanish pit fights in the 19th century...they put bulls against grizzly and the grizzly broke ne part he would hit...( head/back/shoulders all crushed with one hit )
ppl got bored seeing the bull get raped so they paid more for tigers//lions..the lion was known for bravery bcuz just as he was put in the cage with the bear... he did not hesitate and he rushed the bear always....but yet the lion died as fast as the bull, and the tiger didnt do ne better...

jsut some random knownlegde to u guys.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #25 on: November 21, 2008, 03:43:23 PM »

k u r wrong.... 1st off if ur gonna take them at the same wieght....the lion wins....male lions have shitty hunting skills...they are fighters not hunters..the females do that.

now u also have to be more specific in which tiger...cuz bengals have the best chance to fight a lion simply cuz they fight more often...but siberians are the biggest wild cat yet they are not viciuos or as aggressive as the bengal..

now if u wanna know who is the top meat eater....its a grizzly ofc....they found 2 900+ siberian tigers dead next to eachother with their skulls crushed.....experts think it was 1 grizzly who took them out cuz only he has the power to shatter bones like that....
aswell as the documented spanish pit fights in the 19th century...they put bulls against grizzly and the grizzly broke ne part he would hit...( head/back/shoulders all crushed with one hit )
ppl got bored seeing the bull get raped so they paid more for tigers//lions..the lion was known for bravery bcuz just as he was put in the cage with the bear... he did not hesitate and he rushed the bear always....but yet the lion died as fast as the bull, and the tiger didnt do ne better...

^ knows whattsup

« Reply #26 on: November 21, 2008, 06:52:13 PM »

very randon. See, the words i posted arent just from my own thoughts...they are from animal websites. Most of what people think about Lions being the "king of the jungle" are myths. But some people are so in love with lions (lol) that they wont believe the facts.  Its a hard subject to judge because conflicts between lions and tigers are not often documented. But all the physical aspects of the two cats suggests that tigers have a decided advantage over a lion. Not just phyisically, but in their habits aswell as they are more accustomed to fighting in one on one situations.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #27 on: November 21, 2008, 07:30:24 PM »
i think a bear would fuck them both up lol.

Ares_Tha_Vicious

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #28 on: November 21, 2008, 07:53:44 PM »

very randon. See, the words i posted arent just from my own thoughts...they are from animal websites. Most of what people think about Lions being the "king of the jungle" are myths. But some people are so in love with lions (lol) that they wont believe the facts.  Its a hard subject to judge because conflicts between lions and tigers are not often documented. But all the physical aspects of the two cats suggests that tigers have a decided advantage over a lion. Not just phyisically, but in their habits aswell as they are more accustomed to fighting in one on one situations.

lol, ur talking to a soon to be zoologist....i know my shit...now if u do ur research..ull see that there was a guy who had over 60+ fights between bengals and lions....he said that the lion would win on avg but he had 1 bengal that couldnt be beaten....im guessing it was a 650+ bengal...which would make it much larger than ne healthy lion ur gonna find.he said that the lions would win the majority..thats 1st hand knownlegde from a man who recorded all his fights on document.Also all these cats were str8 from the wild or self raised in wild-like conditions..

Yet again may i state that pound for pound a lion is stronger in the upper body while the tiger is stronger in the hind legs...the hind legs only come into effect when the cat is on his back as a defense move.

learn ur shit.

btw...i dont give opinions , i give facts and educated guesses.

let me also add that a full grown bengal is bigger on the avg than a full grown lion. Hence the reason i said pound-for-pound.

hahah 1more thing, lion doesnt live in the jungle....tiger does, yet hes not the king? gorrillas see's a tiger, stands up, lil stare down and then the tiger bounces....a lion on the other hand would confront the gorilla. ( i know there reasons for this, due to the fact that tigers are solitary like 99% of cats, so that they will only pick a fight usually knowning they are gonna win.On the other hand, lions has his bitches working for him so he can get injured and most likely still survive.)
« Last Edit: November 21, 2008, 08:01:24 PM by Ares_Tha_Vicious »

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #29 on: November 21, 2008, 08:02:14 PM »
^oh, shit...daygostylz gettin done dirtay! :laugh: