Author Topic: Please buy the Rakim album  (Read 1249 times)

dameons

Re: Please buy the Rakim album
« Reply #45 on: November 08, 2009, 02:34:52 PM »
1    "How to Emcee"    DJ Slyce    

* Additional keys: DMC champ

2    "Walk These Streets" (feat. Maino & Tracey Horton)    Needlz    

* Contains samples from "Been Through The Storm" by Busta Rhymes

4:04
3    "Documentary of a Gangsta" (feat. I.Q.)    Y-Not       
4    "Man Above" (feat. Tracey Horton)    Nottz       
5    "You And I" (feat. Tay Zonday)    Samuel Christian, J. Wells, Lorenz    
6    "Won’t Be Long" (feat. Pudgee tha Fat Bastard)    Jake One       
7    "Holy Are You"    Nick Wiz       4:06
8    "Satisfaction Guaranteed" (feat. The L.O.X.)          
9    "Workin' for You"    Jake One    

* Contains samples from "Worse Comes to Worst" by Dilated Peoples

10    "Message In The Song" (feat. Destiny Griffin)          
11    "Put It All to Music"    Poppa Pillz    

* Additional vocals: Minnie Riperton

12    "Psychic Love"    Nick Wiz       
13    "Still in Love" (feat. Busta Rhymes)    Nick Wiz       
14    "Dedicated"    

Invincible

« Reply #46 on: November 08, 2009, 02:45:22 PM »
1    "How to Emcee"    DJ Slyce    

* Additional keys: DMC champ

2    "Walk These Streets" (feat. Maino & Tracey Horton)    Needlz    

* Contains samples from "Been Through The Storm" by Busta Rhymes

4:04
3    "Documentary of a Gangsta" (feat. I.Q.)    Y-Not       
4    "Man Above" (feat. Tracey Horton)    Nottz       
5    "You And I" (feat. Tay Zonday)    Samuel Christian, J. Wells, Lorenz    
6    "Won’t Be Long" (feat. Pudgee tha Fat Bastard)    Jake One       
7    "Holy Are You"    Nick Wiz       4:06
8    "Satisfaction Guaranteed" (feat. The L.O.X.)          
9    "Workin' for You"    Jake One    

* Contains samples from "Worse Comes to Worst" by Dilated Peoples

10    "Message In The Song" (feat. Destiny Griffin)          
11    "Put It All to Music"    Poppa Pillz    

* Additional vocals: Minnie Riperton

12    "Psychic Love"    Nick Wiz       
13    "Still in Love" (feat. Busta Rhymes)    Nick Wiz       
14    "Dedicated"    

Looks good. Not long now.  8)

Jome

« Reply #47 on: November 08, 2009, 02:47:55 PM »
Production looks good, features look decent/good.. this looks set to ease the disappointment of the MC Ren album.. a vet showing another vet how it should be done, hopefully.

scarface2oh4

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #48 on: November 08, 2009, 05:19:32 PM »
why buy albums when 90 percent of them are trash these days?

Do you think Rakim fits into that category?

Regardless, stealing is stealing no matter how you justify it in your mind.  And it comes back to you so you're just fucking yourself in the long run.  Peace
stealing? I dont comprehend how not buying something means that ur stealing.

weedhead

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #49 on: November 09, 2009, 04:11:43 AM »
If you people are looking for punch lines, catch phrases and dance shit with the Rakim album, 4get abt it. Rakim is not going to try please the youngstas and be something he's not just to sell records. Rakim's lyrical ability and content makes him relevant and necessary. He chooses to go left and speak on positive shit, mind building shit which is different from must rappers out there. If he wanted to do gangsta rap or popular rap he would have stayed with Dre. Leaving aftermath should have told you people something. I'm sick of these young, stupid, uneducated people trying to down talk the best rapper to ever do it. Rakim raps for people who appreciates his words not the beat. He raps to spit knowledge not to talk about cars, bitches, money, killing or robbing somebody. Maybe you hate on him because you cant comprehend what his saying. You'd rather hear four letter words every other bar.  Since when does the beat mean more than the content? Oh yeah, since u young cats came along wit this bullshit hip hop the last decade.  Was it the lyrics in "Holy are you" that blew your mind or the beat? Who else would dare have that song as there first single....Jay-z? Rakim is 40 plus and taking this rap shit to a mature level.....kids u still have Jay-z, lil wayne, Kanye, and Drake to dance to but for the listeners we have the GOD Rakim.

Rakim CANNOT be touched lyrically.....still!!!!

To all you doubters, try listening to the words and the message in the song instead of the beat so much.....you might just gain some knowledge from the Seventh Seal and not just a desire to be a gangsta from 50's new shit.

AMEN!!!!

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #50 on: November 11, 2009, 07:51:28 AM »
If you people are looking for punch lines, catch phrases and dance shit with the Rakim album, 4get abt it. Rakim is not going to try please the youngstas and be something he's not just to sell records. Rakim's lyrical ability and content makes him relevant and necessary. He chooses to go left and speak on positive shit, mind building shit which is different from must rappers out there. If he wanted to do gangsta rap or popular rap he would have stayed with Dre. Leaving aftermath should have told you people something. I'm sick of these young, stupid, uneducated people trying to down talk the best rapper to ever do it. Rakim raps for people who appreciates his words not the beat. He raps to spit knowledge not to talk about cars, bitches, money, killing or robbing somebody. Maybe you hate on him because you cant comprehend what his saying. You'd rather hear four letter words every other bar.  Since when does the beat mean more than the content? Oh yeah, since u young cats came along wit this bullshit hip hop the last decade.  Was it the lyrics in "Holy are you" that blew your mind or the beat? Who else would dare have that song as there first single....Jay-z? Rakim is 40 plus and taking this rap shit to a mature level.....kids u still have Jay-z, lil wayne, Kanye, and Drake to dance to but for the listeners we have the GOD Rakim.

Rakim CANNOT be touched lyrically.....still!!!!

To all you doubters, try listening to the words and the message in the song instead of the beat so much.....you might just gain some knowledge from the Seventh Seal and not just a desire to be a gangsta from 50's new shit.

AMEN!!!!

all im looking for is hot music.  not something i'll be depressed over and fall asleep listening to.  if Ra can't keep up then his PR sha'll stay as such.  and i ain't talking about goin' TPain, I'm talking about saying some real shit and keepin' people up and comin wit some new rhymes to jock.  i haven't heard anything from this but if it's anything like a usual throwback NY rapper album then i already know wat i'm gettin'.  Ra ain't gotta go crunk or hyphy, but he do need to keep shit crankin'.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #51 on: November 11, 2009, 10:47:59 AM »
Rakim doesn't make depressing music....