Author Topic: Joe Budden feat. The Game - The Future (FULL TRACK CDQ)  (Read 676 times)

R1ZE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Do 4 Love
Re: Joe Budden feat. The Game - The Future (FULL TRACK CDQ)
« Reply #15 on: November 22, 2008, 05:34:42 PM »
People here always talking about Budden like he's gonna change the whole rap game but this is the second time he released your average club-ish single (don't remember the name of the first one, he did a video for it). No wonder rap is where it's at if everybody is doing the same shit.

Are you kidding??  Meho think about what you just said.

Hip-Hop isn't with the singles, it's with the album tracks!!!

Joe Budden has already changed the game, go listen to his real songs, not his singles...

Back to the track, like R1ze said, you gotta have the mainstream single to get the world on board, and given the resources, I am definitely feeling this track..  Produced by Fyu-chur.

Singles are a good indication of what the album will be like. Usually, a wack single= wack album. Of course you have some exceptions but they are very rare. Not to mention that singles usually have a video, which by the song subject will be yet another club/chick video, which means our tv will be filled with even more of the same shit. Not to mention that this won't blow up at all because it's just like every single out right now, which means his album will get pushed back yet again.

Rofl..  I'm sorry??  Oh yeah, cuz your music judgments are made based on production and features.... 

I don't remember the last time a good single came out to a good album...  Maybe Kanye West - Stronger..  Usually the good albums are from the dudes who don't have the resources, or don't care to make a good mainstream tune...

No, Meho's right... usually a single is indicative of an album's quality.

Budden is an exception, though, since the album isn't gonna be filled with this kind of music. It was the same thing with the Nas album.. Hero was the only track of its kind on there (except maybe money make the world go round... okay fuck it, two), but it had to be made to get radioplay. If an albums gonna be mostly car/club music and the singles wack, then yeah, you can expect the album to be wack too. But if the albums gonna be different, then you get into this kind of situation.

The point is these kinds of rappers feel the pressure to make this kind of music in an attempt to get sales... so if they fail it shouldnt be a big deal to the core fanbase - they knew this music wasnt for them. You give and you take, right?

this song worked for me tho, so I don't mind. Even though... its not budden that makes me turn this song on. It's the hook and game.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2008, 05:59:34 PM by R1ZE »

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I Made Jesus Walks/So I Ain't Never Going To Hell
« Reply #16 on: November 22, 2008, 05:52:32 PM »
This track is nice.

The-Leak (aka) kingwell (bka) JULES

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES
« Reply #17 on: November 22, 2008, 06:05:14 PM »
People here always talking about Budden like he's gonna change the whole rap game but this is the second time he released your average club-ish single (don't remember the name of the first one, he did a video for it). No wonder rap is where it's at if everybody is doing the same shit.

Joe Budden has already changed the game, go listen to his real songs, not his singles...

Back to the track, like R1ze said, you gotta have the mainstream single to get the world on board, and given the resources, I am definitely feeling this track..  Produced by Fyu-chur.

Singles are a good indication of what the album will be like. Usually, a wack single= wack album. Of course you have some exceptions but they are very rare. Not to mention that singles usually have a video, which by the song subject will be yet another club/chick video, which means our tv will be filled with even more of the same shit. Not to mention that this won't blow up at all because it's just like every single out right now, which means his album will get pushed back yet again.

Rofl..  I'm sorry??  Oh yeah, cuz your music judgments are made based on production and features.... 

I don't remember the last time a good single came out to a good album...  Maybe Kanye West - Stronger..  Usually the good albums are from the dudes who don't have the resources, or don't care to make a good mainstream tune...

Budden is an exception, though, since the album isn't gonna be filled with this kind of music. It was the same thing with the Nas album.. Hero was the only track of its kind on there (except maybe money make the world go round... okay fuck it, two), but it had to be made to get radioplay.

Same thing here -these kinds of rappers have to make something different to attempt to get the sales... so if they fail its not really a big deal.

and this song worked for me, so I don't mind. Even though... its not budden that makes me turn this song on. It's the hook and game.

Omg are you guys serious??  Nas and Budden are the only two you say??  I'm gonna have to name names I guess.

Albums where the single wasn't a smash mainstream epic-produced song, but the album was banging:

Q-Tip - The Renaissance
Atmosphere - When Life Gives You Lemons
88 Keys
Little Brother (almost every album)
Jedi Mind Tricks
Planet Asia - Pain Language
Sway - The Signature LP
Joe Budden (all except for self-titled
Statik Selektah's albums

just some recent releases i could think of..

AKA: GOOD HIP-HOP

R1ZE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Do 4 Love
« Reply #18 on: November 22, 2008, 08:23:11 PM »

Budden is an exception, though, since the album isn't gonna be filled with this kind of music. It was the same thing with the Nas album.. Hero was the only track of its kind on there (except maybe money make the world go round... okay fuck it, two), but it had to be made to get radioplay. If an albums gonna be mostly car/club music and the singles wack, then yeah, you can expect the album to be wack too. But if the albums gonna be different, then you get into this kind of situation.

The point is these kinds of rappers feel the pressure to make this kind of music in an attempt to get sales... so if they fail it shouldnt be a big deal to the core fanbase - they knew this music wasnt for them. You give and you take, right?

this song worked for me tho, so I don't mind. Even though... its not budden that makes me turn this song on. It's the hook and game.

Omg are you guys serious??  Nas and Budden are the only two you say??  I'm gonna have to name names I guess.

Albums where the single wasn't a smash mainstream epic-produced song, but the album was banging:

Q-Tip - The Renaissance
88 Keys
Jedi Mind Tricks
Sway - The Signature LP
Statik Selektah's albums

nah, i never meant they were the only two. I just meant these guys are the exception when it comes to hip-hop, since they're mainstream but still struggle to sell/get played. I was just too lazy to list all those ^
« Last Edit: November 22, 2008, 08:25:06 PM by R1ZE »

The-Leak (aka) kingwell (bka) JULES

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES
« Reply #19 on: November 23, 2008, 12:39:58 AM »

Q-Tip - The Renaissance
88 Keys
Jedi Mind Tricks
Sway - The Signature LP
Statik Selektah's albums

nah, i never meant they were the only two. I just meant these guys are the exception when it comes to hip-hop, since they're mainstream but still struggle to sell/get played. I was just too lazy to list all those ^

Well, I'm just trying to say, for alot of the artists I listen to, the single is usually the song that I would least listen to..  And even for mainstream artists, there's usually way better songs on the rest of the album than the single..  For any kinda artist, the single is the one that appeals to the "generic fan" right?  Everyone is trying to get paid...  I often find that the artists who make good singles have lackluster albums cuz they aren't good with substance..  And the good artists struggle to make a successful single, but the rest of the album is banging..

Lucifuge

« Reply #20 on: November 23, 2008, 02:47:03 AM »
this shit iz wack.
ALESSANDRO DEL PIERO!!!

Detox 2000Never

tyranasaurus rex like fuck a bitch
i once saw a pterdactyl fuck a bitch
eat a bowl these bitch gobbling dick
hoes forgot to eat a dick a shut the fuck up
roll through crenshaw on my pterdactyl like what up!
By kevin t as Kurupt :D

S P I C E

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • LOOK WHO'S BACK
« Reply #21 on: November 23, 2008, 04:00:08 AM »
Meho is way off here and Leak is right like usual 8)

DIP DIP SET SET

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #22 on: November 23, 2008, 06:38:47 AM »
Nah, you 2 are just saying that because you are big Budden fans, so you're not the most objective posters about this. A single is an indication of a good album, that may as well be different for undeground rappers that you named but still. Maybe I'm just so pissed because you've got the wack rappers doing the same singles, the average rappers doing the same singles and the dope rappers doing the same singles. And because of that hip-hop nowadays has no balance.

Blood$

« Reply #23 on: November 23, 2008, 08:40:55 AM »
I'm feelin' this one  8)

Lunatic

« Reply #24 on: November 23, 2008, 08:43:58 AM »
this is pretty hot for a pop-ish record

i disagree meho..many mainstream artists dropped wack ass singles this year and then good albums - T.I., Nas, Luda are 3 that instantly come to mind..Joe Budden's album is not going to be filled with "touch & go" and "the future"
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

Blood$

« Reply #25 on: November 23, 2008, 08:45:31 AM »
many mainstream artists dropped wack ass singles this year and then good albums - Nas

you didn't like "Hero"?

Lunatic

« Reply #26 on: November 23, 2008, 08:46:05 AM »
many mainstream artists dropped wack ass singles this year and then good albums - Nas

you didn't like "Hero"?
it was alright; money make the world go round was avg as well..both weren't horrible, but aren't what im lookin for in nas..

Blood$

« Reply #27 on: November 23, 2008, 08:47:23 AM »

you didn't like "Hero"?
it was alright; money make the world go round was avg as well..both weren't horrible, but aren't what im lookin for in nas..

ahh.. gotcha  8)

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #28 on: November 23, 2008, 08:48:45 AM »
I love Hero and I love Untiteld. T.I. and Luda's album are both alright, nothing special or even close to being a classic. Let's not forget that a wack single is already 1 track that you skip on the cd. And I can understand when rappers on a major label have poppy singles, they are most likely forced by the label execs, especially in these times. I don't understand when artist that are on an independant label do it, which leads me again to no balance in rap music lately.

Lunatic

« Reply #29 on: November 23, 2008, 08:50:42 AM »
I love Hero and I love Untiteld. T.I. and Luda's album are both alright, nothing special or even close to being a classic. Let's not forget that a wack single is already 1 track that you skip on the cd. And I can understand when rappers on a major label have poppy singles, they are most likely forced by the label execs, especially in these times. I don't understand when artist that are on an independant label do it, which leads me again to no balance in rap music lately.
Did u love "money make the world go round?" their albums may be alright, but "whatever u like" and "what them girls like" are far from alright songs; there trash..I understand what u saying though at the end there..

my point is just u can bet cha' ass budden album won't be tracks like this..i wouldn't be surprised actually if "touch & go" is pulled from the album..

Budden's album will be some great shit..his Mood Muzik series is the business..