Author Topic: Joe Budden feat. The Game - The Future (FULL TRACK CDQ)  (Read 674 times)

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
Re: Joe Budden feat. The Game - The Future (FULL TRACK CDQ)
« Reply #30 on: November 23, 2008, 08:51:15 AM »
People here always talking about Budden like he's gonna change the whole rap game but this is the second time he released your average club-ish single (don't remember the name of the first one, he did a video for it). No wonder rap is where it's at if everybody is doing the same shit.

Are you kidding??  Meho think about what you just said.

Hip-Hop isn't with the singles, it's with the album tracks!!!

Joe Budden has already changed the game, go listen to his real songs, not his singles...

Back to the track, like R1ze said, you gotta have the mainstream single to get the world on board, and given the resources, I am definitely feeling this track..  Produced by Fyu-chur.

Singles are a good indication of what the album will be like. Usually, a wack single= wack album. Of course you have some exceptions but they are very rare. Not to mention that singles usually have a video, which by the song subject will be yet another club/chick video, which means our tv will be filled with even more of the same shit. Not to mention that this won't blow up at all because it's just like every single out right now, which means his album will get pushed back yet again.
that is true.
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

MoodMuzik

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #31 on: November 23, 2008, 10:46:39 AM »
I love Hero and I love Untiteld. T.I. and Luda's album are both alright, nothing special or even close to being a classic. Let's not forget that a wack single is already 1 track that you skip on the cd. And I can understand when rappers on a major label have poppy singles, they are most likely forced by the label execs, especially in these times. I don't understand when artist that are on an independant label do it, which leads me again to no balance in rap music lately.
Did u love "money make the world go round?" their albums may be alright, but "whatever u like" and "what them girls like" are far from alright songs; there trash..I understand what u saying though at the end there..

my point is just u can bet cha' ass budden album won't be tracks like this..i wouldn't be surprised actually if "touch & go" is pulled from the album..

Budden's album will be some great shit..his Mood Muzik series is the business..
touch and go is pulled from the album

hellrazor86

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • There Can Only Be One Don
« Reply #32 on: November 23, 2008, 01:05:15 PM »
finally i get to put an ear on the tracc.. sounds good.. i feel this! Joe Budden & The Game sounds tight together..!
the hook is fuckin my brain..!

One

Lunatic

« Reply #33 on: November 23, 2008, 01:06:03 PM »
I love Hero and I love Untiteld. T.I. and Luda's album are both alright, nothing special or even close to being a classic. Let's not forget that a wack single is already 1 track that you skip on the cd. And I can understand when rappers on a major label have poppy singles, they are most likely forced by the label execs, especially in these times. I don't understand when artist that are on an independant label do it, which leads me again to no balance in rap music lately.
Did u love "money make the world go round?" their albums may be alright, but "whatever u like" and "what them girls like" are far from alright songs; there trash..I understand what u saying though at the end there..

my point is just u can bet cha' ass budden album won't be tracks like this..i wouldn't be surprised actually if "touch & go" is pulled from the album..

Budden's album will be some great shit..his Mood Muzik series is the business..
touch and go is pulled from the album
well there u have it..
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #34 on: November 23, 2008, 01:12:16 PM »
fuck his album, gimme a Slaughterhouse album. :P

song is cool, im not a big fan of the hook though. should have been better concidering its Game & Jumpoff, imo.

AnybodyKilla

« Reply #35 on: November 23, 2008, 06:24:17 PM »
Is this out in dirty?

The-Leak (aka) kingwell (bka) JULES

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES
« Reply #36 on: November 23, 2008, 09:48:45 PM »

Exactly.  You just proved your point.  Did you think one of Luda's or T.I.'s singles were good? (I admit I thought Live Your Life was a universal record, liked it).  But then their albums were whack as hell (imo)...

And as far as the indie artists doing it.  U gotta know one thing about the music industry..  It doesn't matter if you were lucky enough to get on a major, or you have to settle for or you wanted to take the route of an indie, at the end of the day you're still making a living and you still gotta sell records.  The mainstream single is something that has to be tryed, and labels won't let you do otherwise most of the time..

And this isn't biased, it's not favoring underground artists opposed to mainstream artists..  It's just that if you actually start to listen to Hip-Hop for substance and lyrics, you are going to find out that's the area you end up in most of the time...

Meho I can tell by the threads you post in, you listen to artists for features and production, and popularity.   I never see you posting in threads with artists who are conscience, lyrical, etc...  So don't try to pull this shit...

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #37 on: November 24, 2008, 02:49:58 AM »
You're way off with the last paragraph. One of my favourite cd's from this year have been from Black Milk, Q-Tip, Royce Da9'5 mixtape, Elzhi... I've been actually really feeling the whole Detroit underground rap scene. I didn't even like any mainstream album this year other than Nas. So don't tell me what I listen to. Especially when I make a thread about Black Milk's album leaking and it gets 3 replys but when I make a thread about Luda or Kanye's album leaking it gets 5 pages, so how is that my fault.

As far as production, yeah I do care about that but that's because I'm a really big intrumental fan and what not... don't know where you're getting that shit from features, if anything, I've always said that this new trend of "rapper + friends" albums are fucking up the game. I might have been like that 2 years ago when I was just getting into the rap scene but I've done my homework since then and it's no surpise that I'm leaning towards underground/independant rap more and more.

The-Leak (aka) kingwell (bka) JULES

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES
« Reply #38 on: November 24, 2008, 04:08:54 AM »
Alright, props.  Good discussion.

Lunatic

« Reply #39 on: November 24, 2008, 04:36:34 AM »
and Joe Budden ain't as independent in my opinion as most are..seems to me that his label is going to be a 'major' independent..like a koch..type of independent that gets u on bet/mtv/etc.
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com