Author Topic: DUBCNN: Zion I Show The DJs Love On "The TakeOver" (HOT Audio)  (Read 168 times)

Rud

• Kingdingaling
  • Connected
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
DUBCNN: Zion I Show The DJs Love On "The TakeOver" (HOT Audio)
« on: January 31, 2009, 12:43:36 AM »
http://www.dubcnn.com/
http://www.dubcnn.com/media/audio/zioni-djdj/ - DOWNLOAD OR STREAM

<a href="http://www.dubcnn.com/swf/mp3playerDub.swf?id=2009/january/zion_i-dj_dj-(dubcnn).mp3&amp;artwork=zioni-player.jpg&amp;auto=1? <br />quality=?high? pluginspage=?http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer? type=?application/x-shockwave-flash? <br />width=?323? height=?180?" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.dubcnn.com/swf/mp3playerDub.swf?id=2009/january/zion_i-dj_dj-(dubcnn).mp3&amp;artwork=zioni-player.jpg&amp;auto=1? <br />quality=?high? pluginspage=?http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer? type=?application/x-shockwave-flash? <br />width=?323? height=?180?</a>

Zion I Show The DJs Love On "The TakeOver" - Out Feb - By : Rud - January 31, 2009

As we reported in November 2008 it's been two years already since Bay Area Hip-Hop veterans Zion I [DJ AmpLive & MC Zion] released the acclaimed collaboration album with The Grouch of Living Legends "Heroes In The City Of Dope."

In that same update we re-capped with two tracks from "Heroes In The City Of Dope" for download. The duo and The Grouch linked up with Mistah F.A.B. for Hit 'Em and also Trains & Planes both produced by AmpLive.

As well as that we informed you that Zion I were gearing up to release their latest album "The TakeOver" via Gold Dust / Live Up who released a Sampler with the lead single from "The TakeOver" Juicy Juice on there.

As if that wasn't enough we gave you a free mixtape that consisted of innovative tracks including remixes, verses and interpretations of/by the likes of Santogold, Public Enemy, Talib Kweli & more. "The Search And The Seizure" is available once again below for stream or download and is not to be missed.

Zion I - The Search & The Seizure (Free Download)
Zion I - The Search & The Seizure (Streaming Audio)

Today we are back with news, media and a confirmed release date for "The TakeOver." The new album will be out on February 17th via Gold Dust and features the new single "DJ DJ" which can be heard below. "DJ DJ" is a forward thinking homage to the backbone of hip-hop, the DJ. Zion I consistently prove that they know their history, but keep their eyes on the future.

Zion I - DJ DJ

Enjoy the new single, spread the download and streaming page links around - no direct linking - and drop your thoughts for Zion I to read on our forums. Don't forget to support "The TakeOver" when it hits stores on February 17th via Gold Dust.

Westcoast News Network // www.dubcnn.com // Westcoast News Network

Rud

• Kingdingaling
  • Connected
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: DUBCNN: Zion I Show The DJs Love On "The TakeOver" (HOT Audio)
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2009, 07:18:14 AM »
DO NOT SLEEP!

RingMan

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • BWS Czech Capo
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2009, 07:59:30 AM »
shame his album already leaked, songs that are out sounds good

Rap is not real, I don't care what they told you,
Fake people say fake things in their vocalbooth
- Soul Position - Mic Control

I make it hard to read me, graffiti flow - Rakim - Word On The Streets

Rud

• Kingdingaling
  • Connected
  • Muthafuckin' Don!

Tay

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Bay Area Representative
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2009, 03:10:01 PM »
I don't usually buy too many albums, but anything Zion I puts out is worth buying, I expect no different out of this one. This "DJ DJ" beat by AmpLive is fire, a cool party track that still kicks that real hip-hop vibe. "The TakeOver" is going to be an album of the year contender, check for it when it comes out.
I got a bird's eye view

Rud

• Kingdingaling
  • Connected
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2009, 01:14:23 PM »
I don't usually buy too many albums, but anything Zion I puts out is worth buying, I expect no different out of this one. This "DJ DJ" beat by AmpLive is fire, a cool party track that still kicks that real hip-hop vibe. "The TakeOver" is going to be an album of the year contender, check for it when it comes out.

Yea i concur with that! Definitely gonna be worth copping

kevin t

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2009, 03:04:38 PM »
zion i are consistent as fuck, everything they do is fire, but they are still slept on in a major way, cant wait to hear the album

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Tay

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Bay Area Representative
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2009, 12:22:20 AM »
Anyone else heard this album? I got it last week, has some pretty good tracks on it as always, especially the 2 "Caged Bird" songs, great hip-hop. Overall, they went with a little more positive vibe on this album and it's a little scattered, but still pretty good. Just as I figured based off their track record, another quality release.
I got a bird's eye view

Rud

• Kingdingaling
  • Connected
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2009, 07:23:55 AM »
Yea i picked it up, only spun it twice but it impressed