Author Topic: Eminem's Relapse: Swizz Beatz Talks About 'Stan part 2',Collabo With 50 and Dre  (Read 907 times)

Elano

'It's the Eminem that you missed, that you loved, that you need,' producer says of long-awaited album.

Eminem mentioned during the "TRL" finale earlier this month that he's hard at work on his upcoming album Relapse — but he wasn't giving up many details.

However, when we caught up with one of his producers, Swizz Beatz, at the Black Ball, Keep a Child Alive's annual fundraiser, in New York earlier this month, he filled in a few blanks for us.

Swizz said he's worked on five songs with Eminem, including one featuring both Dr. Dre and 50 Cent. "I don't know the title yet, but it's classic," he said. "It's sounding big."

Another song Swizz worked on with Em is a track they're referring to as a "Stan Part 2." "You know how 'Stan' ... was the big [song]?" Swizz asked, referring to the obsessed-fan track which sampled Dido's "Thank You." "So I worked on part 2, and I think it was, like, totally genius."

Swizz said that while Eminem has apparently been away from the mic for a long time, he's in good form on Relapse. which, Em said on "TRL," will be out next year, in "probably January, February."

"It's different," Swizz said. "Different sound, different mindframe. He's clear. But it's the Eminem that you missed, that you loved, that you need, especially right now in the industry, going into '09. He's coming back to take the cake."

Swizz said that politically minded songs like "Mosh" are "not really" on the agenda as much as "a lot of personal stuff."

Asked whether that subject matter involved Eminem's rehab stint, the death of his close friend/ D12 member Proof, his second divorce from Kim Scott, or his mom's recent memoir, Swizz laughed and said, "I can't give it away!"

Making a key difference in Em's new mindset, however, is that he has "a lot of people supporting him this time," Swizz said. "I just think you can hear a new energy in him. And, you know, the producers, everyone's bringing forth their best on that level."

On "TRL," Eminem also mentioned that he'd "done probably a hundred songs in the last couple of years," and Swizz said that it's still being decided which tracks will make the final cut.

"How it works: They get a whole bunch of songs," the producer explained, "and it's not over until the budget is closed and the artwork is done. It's just an ongoing thing."

Matty

how could a track with 50, em and dre turn out to be completely wack? i think that's quite a tough one but the answer is right here - if swizz beatz was involved/produced it :laugh:

Skeptic

• Muthafuckin' OG
i hope its true that it is real dope

but its so hard to believe what they say

remember when TI said eminem was dope on his upcoming album the TIvsTIP one and eminem turned out to be wack as fuck on that shit, but i hope it is true cos I do miss the eminem from 8mile soundtrack eminem show and marshal mathers lp

penenstamp

is there anyone that actually looks forward to this new Eminem album?

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
stan part 2? that's pointless

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Swizz should be as far away as possible from an Em album. I only want Dre, Em and Denunan Porter. He is too much of a hit or miss, like the T.I. track is banging but the Ludacris one is plain garbage.

MediumL

well swizz on dmxs old albums was pretty dope. But nah his new stuff would be kinda wack...
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/DjGVAwyb454" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/DjGVAwyb454</a>

R1ZE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Do 4 Love
It's really up to em in the end... Swizz makes the beats, but Em picks which to rap over.

T-Dogg

• Muthafuckin' Don!
It's really up to em in the end... Swizz makes the beats, but Em picks which to rap over.

He probably rapped on everything Swizz provided, but if they put those songs on the album is the key issue.

I'm looking forward to this coming out - Em is one of my favourites, I guess, so I'm always looking out for him. But after his last trash effort I'm remaining cautious. I'm not expecting a mind-blower, if he makes it back to the standard he was at, I'll be happy.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace

He probably rapped on everything Swizz provided, but if they put those songs on the album is the key issue.

I'm looking forward to this coming out - Em is one of my favourites, I guess, so I'm always looking out for him. But after his last trash effort I'm remaining cautious. I'm not expecting a mind-blower, if he makes it back to the standard he was at, I'll be happy.

i wonder what type of singles he'll make  :-\ :P

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
Swizz should be as far away as possible from an Em album. I only want Dre, Em and Denunan Porter.

CO-MOTHERFUCKIN-SIGN!

Lunatic

Swizz should be as far away as possible from an Em album. I only want Dre, Em and Denunan Porter.

CO-MOTHERFUCKIN-SIGN!
yup..i hate swizz..
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

The-Leak (aka) kingwell (bka) JULES

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES
how could a track with 50, em and dre turn out to be completely wack? i think that's quite a tough one but the answer is right here - if swizz beatz was involved/produced it :laugh:

lol...

OchoCinco

if he uses that lame as accent on this album he should jsut give up and quit music. go raise ur daughter bro

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!

Actually its been done before! :o The joint with them 3 called 'encore' i think which dre did was terrible. I could not believe dre made such a terrible beat!

pz!