Author Topic: Do yall realize Bishop just got steamrailed?  (Read 2413 times)

ThisIsTheWestCoast.com

• 'G'
Re: Do yall realize Bishop just got steamrailed?
« Reply #45 on: November 26, 2008, 08:48:53 PM »
bishop has not been able to create the buzz necessary to convince interscope to put his album out.  bishop is from los angeles and no one out of that area knows who he is or that hes signed to the math.  the guy has 0/10 swagger and no presence. 

just keeping it 100

HimselfTheMajestic

« Reply #46 on: November 26, 2008, 09:37:56 PM »
...and another thread where everyone plays jr. industry analyst's.

to be honest, if bishop was gonna get dropped it woulda happened by now.
on the strength, im not too current on these issues or know anyone behind the
scenes to talk on it,

but someone had to give him the money to fund 4 dope as fuck mixtapes that got
downloaded 100s of thousands of times over. plus grow up was actually
catching spins all across the nation. he was even on the wendy williams show
out on the east coast. he was getting major burn with almost no official promo.

the label put out a cease and desist because they didn't want his single
taking away any attention from their other projects.

they already stated that. grow up even had an article in billboard because it
was catching burn.

just cuz none of yall were feeling it don't mean no one was feeling it.

i don't get yall dudes, this guy as an artist is a complete package.
lyrically he's dope, he has uplifting songs, political songs, he has gangster songs,
he has the bragging mc songs, the club songs and sex songs.
all over dope production and beats with dope features. and he's genuine and real.

sometimes i think the only reason people don't fuck with him is because
he's not presented as a "gangster" or "trap star" type rapper.

a while back every body was all about this dude, now everybody
switching sides like lesbians.

AllianceWest

« Reply #47 on: November 26, 2008, 09:51:47 PM »
...and another thread where everyone plays jr. industry analyst's.

to be honest, if bishop was gonna get dropped it woulda happened by now.
on the strength, im not too current on these issues or know anyone behind the
scenes to talk on it,

but someone had to give him the money to fund 4 dope as fuck mixtapes that got
downloaded 100s of thousands of times over. plus grow up was actually
catching spins all across the nation. he was even on the wendy williams show
out on the east coast. he was getting major burn with almost no official promo.

the label put out a cease and desist because they didn't want his single
taking away any attention from their other projects.

they already stated that. grow up even had an article in billboard because it
was catching burn.

just cuz none of yall were feeling it don't mean no one was feeling it.

i don't get yall dudes, this guy as an artist is a complete package.
lyrically he's dope, he has uplifting songs, political songs, he has gangster songs,
he has the bragging mc songs, the club songs and sex songs.
all over dope production and beats with dope features. and he's genuine and real.

sometimes i think the only reason people don't fuck with him is because
he's not presented as a "gangster" or "trap star" type rapper.

a while back every body was all about this dude, now everybody
switching sides like lesbians.

at one point, Joel ortiz and Stat Quo were thinking the same thing..But at the end of the day, they still either got dropped or left, Stat Q Recently said that he left, coz Dre wasnt working with him, they still gave him the advance, but Math/Scope are so Rich, that they dont care, they just give u the advance and its up to u to leave or what..

All Bishop or anybody ever need is a single, Dope single, Like Game did, Like Nas Did, Like Luda Did, Like Rick Ross or anybody, even if its got a feature, all u need is a dope single, and you good.

if Bishop aint happy with Making Club songs or mainstream Tracks to feed the public, than he should fuck off and Go on Koch,

Only rapper on the West That Can Actually Do Whatever the fuck he want is Game, He Dropped My Life, and Shit almost got 1 million digital downloads and was all over. Even him, after Pain,Dope boys and My life, he is Dpoing Camera Phone and Touchdown singles, are acutally on the radio now, even Game had to do what label told him to do.

I bet Game wanted money to be the single, but label made him put softer shit coz all they care is money.

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #48 on: November 26, 2008, 09:52:26 PM »
i guess there is a chance they could drop em's album close to 50 but this is interscope so it's pretty hard to imagine 1 album dropping let alone 2 in quick succession. but i don't see 50 getting pushed back to make room for anyone. he was already pretty annoyed at interscope over the curtis release and given the size of the guys ego and the fact he's already dropped a single and video i don't think he's moving.

more importantly for both releases is the desperate need for big international singles - something that will be outrageously popular, street/pop at the same time and quality music. this has been lacking from the industry for some time. 50 has to drop a record that is actually 'in da club' part 2 or his album is gonna flop miserably.

i really like 'get up' and its one of the best singles in quite a while, especially from dre, who is blatantly ghost-producing for scott storch again. like how candy shop was 'mixed' by dre but this time its more obvious as the drums aren't anything like any of scott's beats. but it's still not good enough - the video is SILLY and it's not 'in da club' part 2. getting there but not THE track to get people excited about 50 again, which is a pretty hard task.

There is no ghost producing going on here. Scott can easily make shit like get up in terms of the melodies etc and the sounds happening in it but the drums to do sound crisp so IF dre did anything on the joint, he mixed it IF this is a scott storch production.

We'll find out when it drops when we see the credits but dre dont ghost produce for niggaz like storch. Storch a gifted muthafucker when it comes to copying styles and adding his crazy keys to it...ask dre, ask timbaland, ask lil jon..lol...for real, dudes funny.

pz

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #49 on: November 27, 2008, 12:09:41 AM »
Cause his single didnt catch on (he was really kind of dissing his own audience with that grow up shit)

Thats exactly what I thought! That would've been a dope ass song comin from Dre tho.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #50 on: November 27, 2008, 01:08:29 AM »
Cause his single didnt catch on (he was really kind of dissing his own audience with that grow up shit)

I hope they can promote him with Detox.

lol that's not true, interscope made it impossible for it to get radioplay.

anyway, about the opening post; you act like this is news.
nothing has changed since he got signed

Matty

« Reply #51 on: November 27, 2008, 03:20:16 AM »
until we hear another storch beat that sounds anything like 'get up' im going with dre produced it (drums, instruments, mixing) and storch only played the melody. hell, it might even be the beat for bishop's 'i dominate' track...

doubletrouble™

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • .. ChErch! ..
« Reply #52 on: November 27, 2008, 10:40:49 AM »
Damn shame so called West Coast fans wanna see a West Coast artist fail, and y'all wonder why the West is the laughing stock of the music industry and why the majors ain't signing no West Coast artists.

lost_assassin

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #53 on: November 27, 2008, 08:18:17 PM »
Damn shame so called West Coast fans wanna see a West Coast artist fail,

mite sound silly but if it make yall feel better stat quo n busta rhymes are out of the equation now, moves bishop couple spots to the main roster , damn even obie trice left shady ,
that is a clear example of why some artists are not meant to have their own label to sign other rappers n act as ''executive producers wanna be's lol isnt joel ortiz also sign to aftermath? damnn
Cowards Only Wanna Act Hard When Its Convenient-Planet Asia(9mm)

doubletrouble™

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • .. ChErch! ..
« Reply #54 on: November 27, 2008, 09:35:13 PM »
Damn shame so called West Coast fans wanna see a West Coast artist fail,

mite sound silly but if it make yall feel better stat quo n busta rhymes are out of the equation now, moves bishop couple spots to the main roster , damn even obie trice left shady ,
that is a clear example of why some artists are not meant to have their own label to sign other rappers n act as ''executive producers wanna be's lol isnt joel ortiz also sign to aftermath? damnn

Joel Ortiz isn't signed no more

Do Dirty

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #55 on: November 29, 2008, 01:50:51 AM »
If  the industry worked the way it used to, Em would drop, maybe showcase what's his name, Cashis or something if he is still even on Shady, Dre would drop and Bishop would be showcased even though Dre would also include the usual suspects and while the buzz is still hot, Bishop would drop all in 2009. Of course 50 would drop somewhere in there and Cashis would be the odd man out assuming he is still even on Shady....I'm not saying Bishop has the Buzz that Snoop had back in the day but Damn.......Dude should not be the next Hittman...He deserves better than that..  

Cashis is still on Shady. I just saw him less than a month ago out here in Cal. He still holla'n Shady and last time I checked was on tour

And did ya'll peep the Stat Quo Interview. Yeah, Bishops career is done as long as he is on Aftermath
"You got problems with the punk police, don't run from the chumps get the pump from me"

Sparegeez

« Reply #56 on: November 29, 2008, 09:36:24 AM »
50 isn't droppin till fall 09, so I could see Bishop dropping in between Em and 50

No, 50 said he's dropping his album on February 4th...the same day as GRODT.

No, I actually talked to 50 and he told me it'll be in the fall or winter. True story

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #57 on: November 29, 2008, 09:44:43 PM »
Bishop is one of the few artists that I still bump consistently.  He dropped so much quality music in one year it amazes me he can get hate.  Everything mixtape he dropped shitted on the majority of albums that came out.  He beat nas's nigger with nigger noise he killed Game's LAX.  I can't predict the future but I hope dude drops the Reformation on Aftermath.  It'll most likely be a classic.

I wasn't bumping stat quo until he got the fuck out.  When he started dropping the mixtapes, dude hit my radar.  The South Got Something to Say and The Bailout are banging.  Aftermath lost a good artist.

Here's how they should sell these up and coming artists.  You give them limited distribution in a region that they would most likely sell in.  For example, Stat Quo in the south.  If they meet the expectations you introduce them into another market.  When you begin introducing the artists don't ship out twenty cds a store, ship out five or so to x amount of stores.  Keep it limited to save money.  Over time if they proove their worth then you can invest big and stock twenty cds a store across the nation. 

The worst thing they can do is hold back an artist from dropping a cd.  Imagine if Nas never dropped illmatic or Jay never dropped Reasonable Doubt .  Those didn't sell like hotcakes but over time they have.  Look where Jay is at now .  Labels aren't thinking straight.  They're not investing in their artists properly.

smoke562

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #58 on: November 29, 2008, 09:58:30 PM »
i never liked bishop lamont's music from when he was first mentioned on dubcnn back in like 2002/2003. never felt his goofy style.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2008, 10:14:19 PM by LAzoo »

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #59 on: November 29, 2008, 10:07:03 PM »
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens