Author Topic: Do yall realize Bishop just got steamrailed?  (Read 2377 times)

NewYork Pope

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
Re: Do yall realize Bishop just got steamrailed?
« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2008, 05:49:31 PM »
Uh, if Bishop is all over Detox then believe he will release an album. Detox will acquaint him nicely with a big audience. All he'll need is 25% of the Detox audience to do well, in this day.

smoke562

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2008, 06:04:41 PM »
lets just for the sake of it, that bishop's album will drop.....

if it drops, then it will definately only drop after detox, because bishop will not to get exposure by being on dre's album, and i think that if interscope were really serious about bishop lamont, then they would get him on the eminem record. he needs to feature on other interscope albums and not just detox. if he doesnt, then that just shows that he aint good enough to feature on other peoples albums on interscope beside's dre's album who he is supposedly a protege of. its not a good look if other artists on interscope wont throw hima bone to feature on their albums too.

and i dont believe he will feature on anybody else's album besides detox, so interscope arent really serious about trying to market bishop.

and i dont think detox will ever come out, coz dre keeps pushing his album back for every artist that decides they want to release an album, and then gives the beats hes made for detox to them, and he has to start all over again, and then the same things happens.
i'm not sure if dre realises this or not, but i dont think he can be an executive producer/producer for the artists on his label, and be an artist himself. he cant be both, so its natuiral that he falls back from being an artist, and becomes just a executive producer/producer
« Last Edit: November 25, 2008, 06:11:27 PM by LAzoo »

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #17 on: November 25, 2008, 06:11:06 PM »
50 isn't droppin till fall 09, so I could see Bishop dropping in between Em and 50

No, 50 said he's dropping his album on February 4th...the same day as GRODT.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

h2k4

« Reply #18 on: November 25, 2008, 06:14:38 PM »
bishop might not be releasing an album on aftermath, but he plays an important role in the team. he's aftermath's official shoeshiner

LOL.

Lunatic

« Reply #19 on: November 25, 2008, 06:18:40 PM »
here is what we know about the probable schedule for 50, em, dre and bishops albums:

50 feb/march '09

em june/july '09/tba

dre nov/dec '09/tba

bishop - tba/cancelled
Em ain't droppin that late..jan-mar
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

Matty

« Reply #20 on: November 25, 2008, 06:30:11 PM »
its confirmed that 50 is dropping jan/feb (i'd go with feb or march just cause of the normal delays) so em definitely isn't gonna be dropping at the same time or even 1/2 months later, regardless of what he or the media might be saying...

and bishop isn't coming out (if he comes out at all) before 2010 at the earliest and thats if detox drops...sitting on the shelf is a lame position to be in. if shit is hot it needs to come out immediately...
« Last Edit: November 25, 2008, 06:32:08 PM by Sir Hanks »

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #21 on: November 25, 2008, 06:38:43 PM »
the only way eminem is dropping first quarter is if interscope/aftermath push eminem ahead of 50 and basically switch release dates.

If eminem is dropping feb/march, then 50 will drop after or if 50 is dropping feb/march...expect eminem between arpil-june

pz

Lunatic

« Reply #22 on: November 25, 2008, 06:43:42 PM »
I think they'll drop relatively close Em/50) try and capitalize off each other buzz..if not, watch Em get bumped in front of 50..Em start to pick up steam..they gonna drop his shit soon..i feel it..
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

Matty

« Reply #23 on: November 25, 2008, 07:11:43 PM »
i guess there is a chance they could drop em's album close to 50 but this is interscope so it's pretty hard to imagine 1 album dropping let alone 2 in quick succession. but i don't see 50 getting pushed back to make room for anyone. he was already pretty annoyed at interscope over the curtis release and given the size of the guys ego and the fact he's already dropped a single and video i don't think he's moving.

more importantly for both releases is the desperate need for big international singles - something that will be outrageously popular, street/pop at the same time and quality music. this has been lacking from the industry for some time. 50 has to drop a record that is actually 'in da club' part 2 or his album is gonna flop miserably.

i really like 'get up' and its one of the best singles in quite a while, especially from dre, who is blatantly ghost-producing for scott storch again. like how candy shop was 'mixed' by dre but this time its more obvious as the drums aren't anything like any of scott's beats. but it's still not good enough - the video is SILLY and it's not 'in da club' part 2. getting there but not THE track to get people excited about 50 again, which is a pretty hard task.

AllianceWest

« Reply #24 on: November 25, 2008, 07:19:51 PM »
with the sales these days, economy and all that politics, Bishop will never drop, wit that Grow Up shit, he would sell around 50 000 to date, I am sure Jimmy is aware of that and Not even thinking of dropping his wack ass album.

Do u people even realise that He is signed to Major and ALL THEY CARE IS MONEY??? Why U think Game is Dropping Heat tapes but Softer and Less Complex Shit on the album???

Ya all really dont get it, You are all asking the same questions, Why IS WEST COAST DEAD? WHY IS WEST COAST DEAD? its not Dead, Its just, In order for Artists to Drop. They need to be signed, and to be signed, u need to give the label something good so they know that if they invest 250 000 into promo and Radio Shit, they are gonna get it back

Thats the reason

Jay Rock
Glasses
Omar

Are never dropping, becoz labels realised that their singles are wack to the mainstream and if they drop, estimates are gonna be so low,so they gonn loose money.

Who wants to loose money?

Unless you can find me a rapper that can be signed to Indie and Do whatever the fuck he wanna do (Cube, E40, Messy)

smoke562

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #25 on: November 25, 2008, 07:25:07 PM »

Blood$

« Reply #26 on: November 25, 2008, 07:26:48 PM »

Matty

« Reply #27 on: November 25, 2008, 07:41:36 PM »
lol! i think that pic might be a bit much though :P lazoo your not a big game fan by any chance?

seriously i think bishop needs to start addressing his album release and not get involved in any silly 'beefs' which is just stalling. we've heard all the mixtapes now give us the damn album or leak a load of dre tracks!

he commited internet suicide by not dropping the album and now dissing the game. i don't think there's many of us left rooting for bishop :'(

smoke562

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #28 on: November 25, 2008, 07:45:35 PM »
lol! i think that pic might be a bit much though :P lazoo your not a big game fan by any chance?

not really. his ok
« Last Edit: November 25, 2008, 07:47:54 PM by LAzoo »

The-Leak (aka) kingwell (bka) JULES

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES
« Reply #29 on: November 25, 2008, 08:05:26 PM »
with the sales these days, economy and all that politics, Bishop will never drop, wit that Grow Up shit, he would sell around 50 000 to date, I am sure Jimmy is aware of that and Not even thinking of dropping his wack ass album.

Do u people even realise that He is signed to Major and ALL THEY CARE IS MONEY??? Why U think Game is Dropping Heat tapes but Softer and Less Complex Shit on the album???

Ya all really dont get it, You are all asking the same questions, Why IS WEST COAST DEAD? WHY IS WEST COAST DEAD? its not Dead, Its just, In order for Artists to Drop. They need to be signed, and to be signed, u need to give the label something good so they know that if they invest 250 000 into promo and Radio Shit, they are gonna get it back

Thats the reason

Jay Rock
Glasses
Omar

Are never dropping, becoz labels realised that their singles are wack to the mainstream and if they drop, estimates are gonna be so low,so they gonn loose money.

Who wants to loose money?

Unless you can find me a rapper that can be signed to Indie and Do whatever the fuck he wanna do (Cube, E40, Messy)

DING DING DING DING