Author Topic: Detox; The DubCC show *updates and news thread*"  (Read 16253 times)

NewYork Pope

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
Re: Bishop Lamont Says " Detox Is No Where Near Finished" (interview)
« Reply #30 on: November 28, 2008, 08:27:24 PM »
People relax. Once Em album is done yall will get Detox. 50 is considered done. He just trying find his bigger buzz single with a couple new recordings.

Do Dirty

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #31 on: November 28, 2008, 11:31:02 PM »
fuck Detox and I don' t mean that outta disrespect but I'm just over it by now.
"You got problems with the punk police, don't run from the chumps get the pump from me"

Mr. O

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #32 on: December 03, 2008, 07:22:28 AM »
People need to stop posting about Dre or detox related.
[flash=200,200<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/AlIxU8SiFZU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/AlIxU8SiFZU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/flash]

Dogg Ly Dogg

« Reply #33 on: December 03, 2008, 07:30:10 AM »
Wasnt that same Kobe on the hook of "Aint My Fault" from Mitchy Slick's Urban Survival Syndrome?

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #34 on: December 03, 2008, 08:19:34 AM »
People need to stop posting about Dre or detox related.

as far as Detox is concerned, i see your point, but other than that, i don't see your problem  :P
i mean if you're a 2pac fanatic you can always skip the topics

Chad Vader

« Reply #35 on: December 12, 2008, 03:43:05 AM »
Detox the comedy show starring Bishop Lamont episode 603  :P

Quik speaks on Detox
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/1sMT-64Ntrg&amp;color1=0xb1b1b1&amp;color2=0xcfcfcf&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/1sMT-64Ntrg&amp;color1=0xb1b1b1&amp;color2=0xcfcfcf&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1</a>

Quik says that Dre is reinterpreting Chopin's work...well, heres a sampling of Chopin's work
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/eGPPDV8wBOQ&amp;hl=en" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/eGPPDV8wBOQ&amp;hl=en</a>

Dre-Dolf Hitler; single in November,Album in December...  :P
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/Oe1GvDinZ3Y&amp;hl=en" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/Oe1GvDinZ3Y&amp;hl=en</a>

Jacked this from G iC3 so prop him  ;)
Re: Bishop Lamont Speaks On Dr. Dre's New Album "Detox" (video)
http://www.dubcnn.com/connect/index.php?topic=179230.msg1833888#msg1833888
<a href="http://www.worldstarhiphop.com/videos/e/16711680/wshhHluiV90SWaL8rQM7" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.worldstarhiphop.com/videos/e/16711680/wshhHluiV90SWaL8rQM7</a>

The Detox concept..... 12 steps  ;)

http://www.bettyfordcenter.org/children/parents.php

Step 1

We admitted we were powerless over alcohol-that our lives had become unmanageable. Admit powerlessness over your ability to surrender to your love and not your control.

"Parenting is really a struggle between fear and love." The fear that our children, whom we love so much, can be harmed causes us, as parents, to attempt to control the fear by controlling our children. Managing our children through control creates bitterness in ourselves as parents, and breeds anger and rebellion in our children. The alternative is to accept that pain is a part of living, and that our children can learn from pain just as we do as adults. Admitting powerlessness over our life allows for honest parenting. Through acceptance we can share our love with our children and teach them to protect themselves.

Step 2

Came to believe that a Power greater than ourselves could restore us to sanity. Find hope in the belief that recovery is possible through faith and willingness to work on ourselves.

"Faith is the beginning of hope." The belief in a Power greater than ourselves can help us develop the faith to try new behaviors and create new visions for our families. As members of dysfunctional families, we have all kinds of learned "insanity." These behaviors directly affect our parenting. When we allow a Power greater than ourselves to work in our lives, then miracles are possible.

Step 3

Made a decision to turn our will and our lives over to God as we understood Him. Reach out for help and acknowledge that you are not alone.

"Asking for help is the lifeline for parents." When we turn our will and our lives over to God, we also turn our children over to His care. Letting go helps us to step aside and let a force greater than ourselves work in our lives and our children's lives. Drawing on the resources around us and attempting to find a good orderly direction helps us gain a sense of peace to meet the challenges of parenting.

Step 4

Made a searching and fearless moral inventory of ourselves. Take stock of yourself as a parent .

"Identifying our strengths and weaknesses helps us own reality. When we see how our personality traits affect our children, we realize how we project our fears onto our children, creating self-fulfilling prophecies. By doing the fourth step, we take responsibility for the things we do not like about ourselves instead of projecting them onto our children. When we look at what our family life was like before recovery, we can get a clear picture of where we were and work to avoid repeating past mistakes.

Step 5

Admitted to God, to ourselves, and another human being the exact nature of our wrongs. Learn to share your parenting issues without self-recrimination.

Sharing our inventory with God and another person helps us to see patterns that have caused us problems. The guilt from the excessive baggage of the past separates us from those we love. Sharing the things we see with our spouse, friends, and support groups allows us to find that we were not as bad a parent as we thought and we have all kinds of support and guidance available around us. Honest communication with a spouse is important so that your efforts can begin to work together for more effective parenting.

Step 6

Were entirely ready to have God remove all these defects of character. Become ready to change by giving up the demand to be perfect.

"Be ready to change." Our character defects have been the way the child in us has protected itself from a hostile world. As parents, we must face the child in ourselves and tell ourselves that the time has come to give up the old patterns. We must develop new defenses to use when defenses are necessary. This involves finding new ways that do not involve denying our feelings.

Step 7

Humbly asked Him to remove our shortcomings. Make conscious changes in your parenting by identifying specific strategies for healthy parenting.

Willingness to humbly ask for help sets the stage for our spiritual growth as a parent. Since many of us grew up in alcoholic families, asking for help is especially difficult - asking with humility is even harder. We begin to make conscious changes in our parenting. Our old patterns and responses, as well as those of our children, will still occur as we begin to adjust to these changes. Change takes time; setbacks are natural. Setting firm and consistent limits and learning new ways to relate to our children will help as we adjust to the changes.

Step 8

Made a list of all persons we had harmed and became willing to make amends to them all. Take responsibility for the effect your parenting has had on your children and learn self-forgiveness.

Learn to forgive yourself. Accepting the past as a fact and without guilt is an important part of this step. By taking responsibility for the past, we admit the truth about the past (neither judging too harshly, nor minimizing the effects). We can then commit to changing our behaviors that are harmful and follow through on our commitment. Listing new parenting strategies moves us away from guilt and into responsible action. Deciding to change helps release us from self-recrimination. We need to remember that we did not willfully harm our children; we were doing the best with what we had at the time. Now we have more. Being a recovering parent is like being a recovering alcoholic. We can let go of the shame and guilt when we accept our problem and do something about it.

Step 9

Made direct amends to such people whenever possible except when to do so would harm them or others. Make amends to your children through healthy parenting without over-compensating.

The best way to make amends to our children is by being a better parent. Our children can sense when we are trying to make up for lost time or trying to be the "super parent" because of guilt we have. Children often respond with mistrust or manipulation to our over-compensations. When we commit to be the best parent we can be, we share our lives and attention with our children. We accept each other's differences. We give permission for everyone to express their feelings. We start setting firm loving limits for our children and ourselves. It also means reaching inside to heal the child inside ourselves who cries out for love and attention.

Step 10

Continued to take personal inventory and when we were wrong promptly admitted it. Model being honest with yourself and your children and create acceptance in your family for imperfection.

Our children learn more from what we do than from what we say. This is a step of self-honesty. We must learn to accept our own imperfections and mistakes before we can teach our children that they can be imperfect and still be loved. By modeling self-honesty and self-acceptance, we demonstrate to our children how to deal with life based on "content of their character" and not how close to perfect they can get.

Step 11

Sought through prayer and meditation to improve our conscious contact with God as we understood Him, praying only for knowledge of His will for us and the power to carry that out. Learn to accept your limits in life and find your true spiritual path while allowing your children theirs.

As parents the hardest limit to accept is the truth that in the end our children will be on their own. By nurturing our own spirituality we, as parents, are able to guide our children toward their own path of spiritual growth. We can share our spiritual principles and values with our children best through our guidance and our example. It is easier to "Let go and let God" when we accept that in the end our children are on their own and we cannot control the choices that they will make. The ability to give thanks for each experience (because experience has made us who we are) helps us to be aware that we are part of a larger plan.

Step 12

Having had a spiritual awakening as the result of these steps, we tried to carry this message to alcoholics and to practice these principles in all our affairs. Reach out to other parents in the spirit of giving and community.

"You can't keep it unless you give it away." Sharing our experience, strength, and hope is the cornerstone of our program. We can reach of highest potential through helping others strive to better themselves. We need to be involved in our children's schools, in support groups, and in the community. Carrying the message means reaching out and offering a helping hand to other parents when needed and appropriate. It is learning to lead our children in a loving way and give the child within you all he or she needs to grow.

Dr Dre working with Taje, Crooked I and others 4 Detox!!!
Bishop Lamont named Crooked I as being in the studio for Detox along with several others on that "Basement" video interview. Check it out.

Dr Dre working with Taje, Crooked I and others 4 Detox!!! ("Basement" video interview)
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/ICnHwdRdwH4&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/ICnHwdRdwH4&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1</a>

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/noqkhf8AOMY&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/noqkhf8AOMY&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1</a>

Funny situation about haters though.
They get all pissed off and consider the negative rumors to be true like when it was announced through
second and third-hand sources that people like Lil Wayne and Fergie would be on the album, they were 100% considering it to be true.
When it's announced that all these West dudes are in there fucking with Dre, they won't believe it.
Either way it goes, "Detox" ain't finalized so getting excited or pissed off about features is kind of childish.
But if you're gonna do it, at least be consistent. When the rumors are positive, don't find a way to make it negative.

BTW: Shout out to Bishop Lamont (the West-Coast Savior) who had Blacktoven, Los, Balance, Crooked I, Sugafree, "Jedi", Xzibit, Taje, Dae One (the champ who crashed like 4 days in a row @ Area 51 pullin' all nighters), Noni Spitz, Chevy, Roccett, Butch Cassidy, Kron Don, Chase Infinite, Kobe, Young De, Spitfya, Jellyroll, Godfather J, Bigg Steele, Whoo-Kid, Glasses & just about every HUMBLE west coast artist in the last couple of weeks workin' at Area 51 in an underground super secret lab.. on new shit for DETOX!

Big New-West Shit commin' Next year...

and the comedy continues......  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: ;)
« Last Edit: January 09, 2009, 05:31:34 PM by Chad Vader »

Jynxx

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Hip Hop Producer/Artist
« Reply #36 on: December 12, 2008, 04:09:10 AM »
''of some dude named DJ Quik''

That interviewer is a moron
i think he was being sarcastic fam  8)

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #37 on: December 19, 2008, 03:27:08 AM »
why the fuck are you quoting that Chad, Detox is a cuss word  :P

GottiValentino

« Reply #38 on: December 19, 2008, 06:04:33 AM »
some good reading

I think Detox will eventually come out just like Guns N'Roses did and their fans had to wait longer

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #39 on: December 19, 2008, 03:12:02 PM »
Anybody have some audio or something I can check out of Kobe?

Also... it's starting to sound like maybe Bishop Lamont is getting burnt out over this whole Detox thing, writing all this great material and never seeing it come out... he may end up jumping ship like Stat Quo and so many others who have worked on the project.  Of course, that would be a mistake, because once artists stop working with Dre they quickly disappear into obscurity.
My First Officially Schedule Rap Battle on Stage as an undercard to the undercard match

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Chad Vader

« Reply #40 on: December 19, 2008, 03:49:55 PM »
This interview is from October 11th?

it's posted October 11th,so it could be older

There's been other sources of info on Detox in that time surely?

Meho posted a interview with Jimmy Iovine;

New Jimmy Iovine interview (Detox, Em, Guns N Roses, U2)
http://www.dubcnn.com/connect/index.php?topic=201717.msg2040454#msg2040454
November 24, 2008 10:07 AM ET
Jonathan Cohen, N.Y.

I'll tell you about Eminem. We only tried to put him out this year to replace Dr. Dre, but we got into a quagmire.
Eminem was always coming next year. But what happened was, I lost Dr. Dre to Eminem.
Dre had to stop making his album to finish Eminem's album.
Eminem hit a streak, and when a guy like Eminem gets on fire, you stop everything. That's how we lost Dre.

So what's the status of Dre's record?

Dre's going back in in January. He'll be finished with Eminem by then, and he'll finish his album.

www.billboard.com
Read the whole interview here;
http://www.dubcnn.com/connect/index.php?topic=201717.msg2040454#msg2040454

Anybody have some audio or something I can check out of Kobe?

his mixtape is posted a couple of posts above you:
http://www.dubcnn.com/connect/index.php?topic=202107.msg2044077#msg2044077

I prefer Earl Hayes though  ;) (his mixtape posted above as well)

Also... it's starting to sound like maybe Bishop Lamont is getting burnt out over this whole Detox thing,
writing all this great material and never seeing it come out...
he may end up jumping ship like Stat Quo and so many others who have worked on the project.
Of course, that would be a mistake, because once artists stop working with Dre they quickly disappear into obscurity.

sad but true.... speaking of some of those check out;
Chad Vader's Hittman; Big Hitt Rising review
+
Chad Vader's Stat Quo; The Bailout review
« Last Edit: January 09, 2009, 05:34:18 PM by Chad Vader »

Jimmy H.

« Reply #41 on: December 19, 2008, 07:43:19 PM »
Also... it's starting to sound like maybe Bishop Lamont is getting burnt out over this whole Detox thing, writing all this great material and never seeing it come out... he may end up jumping ship like Stat Quo and so many others who have worked on the project. 

Weren't Stat Quo and the others released? Doesn't quite qualify as jumping ship to me. As far as Bishop goes, I think people are still making way too much out of the situation. Detox is going to come eventually. Interscope has put too much money into it. Why would Bishop want to willing leave an opportunity to be on the most anticipated project in hip-hop so that he can go someplace uncertain. Crooked I leaving Death Row didn't bring his album out any quicker and all those Aftermath artists who "jumped ship" are still waiting their turn. I don't see what's waiting for Bishop if he leaves Aftermath that would equal anywhere near what he could get if he stays.

When you really look at it, it's more a bunch of people trying to speculate and create something then anything else. It's like some TMZ - National Enquirer shit where people with no real knowledge of what's happening on the inside are putting together their own "facts" based off what happened this many years ago or how someone seemed in an interview. It's pretty clear that the current plan is release 50's album then Relapse then Detox. Just because Bishop doesn't have an album scheduled to drop at this very moment doesn't mean he's not a part of the plan. Once 50 finishes this album, his contract is pretty much up. Eminem probably won't have another album for awhile after "Relapse". As the situation stands, Aftermath needs new artists to keep going.

streetpoetry5

• 'G'
« Reply #42 on: December 20, 2008, 01:42:21 AM »
when the ship starts 2 sink...all them rats is gonna start runnin faster than track stars....but i hope detox is the classic everybody want it 2 b....i respect dre as a musician....most of them new west niggaz is garbage though...cant really think of 1 who sets themselves apart from the others....bishops album will come out ...flop...and he'll probably b dissin dre by the end of the year....

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #43 on: December 20, 2008, 02:21:29 AM »
Bishop's tone (from how I read it, atleast) doesn't really lead me to assume its actually "nowhere" near finished... as in years are left.

It'll come out in 2009, I have no doubt about it.

you couldn't be more wrong.

trust me, it won't come in 2009

NewYork Pope

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
Re: "The Detox comedy show *updates and news thread*"
« Reply #44 on: January 02, 2009, 07:38:19 PM »
What? I see Pro Tools. Let me find out Dre left the tape alone.

Dre looks like he was mad cause shorty or somebody was snapping pics.  Ha