Author Topic: Detox; The DubCC show *updates and news thread*"  (Read 16255 times)

Chad Vader

Re: Detox; The Bishop Lamont show *updates and news thread*"
« Reply #60 on: June 06, 2009, 08:19:46 AM »
Just Blaze Talks The Truth Behind Detox
http://www.aftermathmusic.com/blog/?p=527

While Blaze remained relatively quiet regarding Hov’s project, he did open up about the other album that has been highly anticipated – “Detox.”
It has been long rumored that “Detox” may never come out.
However, recent song leaks and reference tracks began to show signs that the album may indeed come to fruition in the near future.

Just Blaze knows why there is a hold up, and attributes the long wait to the exact thing he mentioned previously regarding “Blueprint 3” – simply not being ready.

“It’s the same thing with Dr. Dre.
Dre told me himself as I worked with him on “Detox” that he didn’t feel like making the album until last November,” he said after explaining Jay-Z’s situation.

“Before that, it was just something he threw out there once because he felt like it,” he continued.
“And all of a sudden he realized he created something where the fans were asking for it and now he has to do it.”

Being a perfectionist himself, Just Blaze completely understands the situation that both Jay-Z and Dr. Dre are in.
He’s actually been in a similar position himself.

“What happens when you are not in that mindset [of making an album]? I don’t make a banger every time I sit at the MPC,” he reveals.
“You can have an off month. Luckily, when you are in a position where you don’t have a financial obligation, you do it when you feel like it.
Once you feel like it, it will start falling together.”

So what exactly do we know about “Detox” and “Blueprint 3”?
Not much more than that both albums are in progress, but the details remain locked in a safe.

“I know that in my talks with Dr. Dre, he felt that he finally hit his stride last November and that’s when he really started to work hard,” he continued.
“More people have been coming out and speaking on “Detox,” but nobody has said much about Jay’s album so I’m not going to be the first.
But we have had conversations about it in terms of direction and what he wants to do.
What comes out of it? We’ll have to wait and see. I may not even be on there.” (BET)

Sriram619

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #61 on: July 10, 2009, 12:51:41 AM »
dope interview with  quik

Matty

« Reply #62 on: July 10, 2009, 02:37:28 PM »
so quik is working on rythamalism 2 and says 'SHIT POPPED OFF' is for detox. not that he knows what's going on with detox right now but two great pieces of information. shit may still pop off in full 5.1 glory! 8)

da chronic

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #63 on: July 10, 2009, 05:22:47 PM »
releasing the album in 5.1 is sick, dude's starting a new era in music industry.
His recent productions for em and bishop are on fire, and quick said a few times that detox sounds insane (cant wait for that symphony and chopin stuff)

The D.O.C and

Nooc210

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Planets
« Reply #64 on: July 10, 2009, 05:52:26 PM »
releasing the album in 5.1 is sick, dude's starting a new era in music industry.
His recent productions for Em and bishop are on fire, and quick said a few times that detox sounds insane (cant wait for that symphony and chopin stuff)

co-sign!!

His recent productions for Em and bishop are on fire, and quick said a few times that detox sounds insane (cant wait for that symphony and chopin stuff)  :o

I totally Agree!  8)
The Chonic • 2001 • Compton •
http://www.drdre.com

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #65 on: July 11, 2009, 12:20:21 AM »
so quik is working on rythamalism 2 and says 'SHIT POPPED OFF' is for detox. not that he knows what's going on with detox right now but two great pieces of information. shit may still pop off in full 5.1 glory! 8)
LOL!

don't make me laugh Matty :laugh:

Digital Pimpin'

« Reply #66 on: July 11, 2009, 04:02:00 AM »
DJ Quik takes over 50 minutes with us to talk about The Detox (with release date discussed)
http://www.freestylemadness.com/blog/?p=19036

DJ Quik takes over 50 minutes with us to talk about The Detox (with release date discussed),
the fear he dealt with when on Kurupt, Death Row Records, Suge Knight as the reformed “teddy bear”, Roger Troutman,
production tips and much more in this raw, uncut, Conspiracy Worldwide classic.

Listen here

Gotta be the most amatuerish interview I've heard in a while.

Props to Quik for chopping it up for over an hour, I've always got time to hear a legend speak 8)

Chad Vader

« Reply #67 on: July 17, 2009, 11:55:01 AM »
Dubcnn: Exclusive Interview With DJ KHALIL - Part 1 (Dre/Detox/Self Scientific)
www.dubcnn.com

Dubcnn sat down with possibly the hottest producer in the game right now, DJ Khalil for an in-depth 2-part interview. In this first part, we discuss DJ Khalil's upbringing, being the son of a NBA player and how he first got introduced to music. Khalil tells us about his inspirations and his first steps as a musician and how he ended up meeting his partner-n-rhyme Chace Infinite to form Self Scientific.

We then get into his relationship with Dr. Dre and Aftermath, on which we tried to get Khalil to talk as much as possible.

As you know, it's hard to find out what's really going on in the Aftermath studios, but Khalil opens up about the recent Detox leaks and Dre's reaction to them, what he thinks of fans criticizing Dre's perfectionism and why he admires his mentor as much as he does.

Check out Part 1 of the interview:
Exclusive Interview With DJ Khalil (Part 1) (July '09)

Look out for Part 2 dropping on Monday, where Khalil describes a typical studio session with Dre, talks about Bishop Lamont, and his current projects. We talk about the Slaughterhouse album, producing the Clipse & Kanye track "Kinda Like A Big Deal", Khalil's group the New Royales, and what else we can expect from DJ Khalil in the times to come.

2face09

• 'G'
« Reply #68 on: August 23, 2009, 12:29:17 AM »
i hate to say it, but to me, dre's a fool.

he should just change his name to axl

Chad Vader

« Reply #69 on: August 24, 2009, 06:09:24 AM »
The DOC Interview: Detox

http://raptalk.net/website/content/view/1840/54/

Raptalk.Net: And I imagine your talking about Detox. Is it possible that the surgery process may be over with in time to land you a verse on Detox?

The D.O.C.: Hell no. Hey, we’re trying to be done with this record by November.

Raptalk.Net: Wow! This record should be done by November?

The D.O.C.: That’s right. I think we have enough songs right now but Dre is Dre, you know.
Will be doing it until he gets the 12 that he is in love with. But I do think we have enough right now.
I don’t think he’s putting it in as hard right now which makes me believe that we have pretty much what we need. So now we have a 3 month window to fuck around.

Raptalk.Net: So would you say at this point in the entire recording process, were as close to having Detox finished as we’ve ever been?

The D.O.C.: Oh yeah. This guy has really great music and it’s some cool shit, but it’s up to him. I think they just started promotion for the Slim the Mobster record.
I’m not sure but somebody hit me over the web and said they heard that they finally started promoting the Slim the Mobster so if Slim is coming,
I don’t think Dre will be that far behind him.

Raptalk.Net: Is it true that Mel-Man has made some recent contributions?

The D.O.C.: I don’t know. I’d be speaking out of turn if I said yes or no. I don’t know.

Raptalk.Net: How do you think “the team” putting together this album compares to that of the “Chronic 2001” team that included Hittman, Eminem, Knoc-turn’al, DPG, Xzibit and so on?

The D.O.C.: Wow, that’s a pretty good question.

Raptalk.Net: Thank you.

The D.O.C.: It’s different because every album is different.
It was a different album from Straight Outta Compton to Niggaz4Life because (Ice) Cube was missing even though the nucleus was the same.
It was a totally different feel when he was making it. This is a Dr. Dre album – this is probably more of a Dr. Dre album than motherfuckers have ever really got in the past. It’s a lot more of Dre in front. I think for his last album, that’s pretty up and above.

Raptalk.Net: I feel you. Do you know anything about Stat Quo recently being back in the studio with you guys?

The D.O.C.: Yeah, he was with us in Hawaii.

Raptalk.Net: It is good to hear there is no bad blood with him being dropped and all that.

The D.O.C.: Oh no, Stat Quo came in and actually came up with two really nice pieces.

Read Full Interview Here:
« Last Edit: August 24, 2009, 06:38:24 AM by Vader »

Okka

« Reply #70 on: August 24, 2009, 06:27:39 AM »
Bishop Lamont ain't on Aftermath anymore, pretty sure about it. Nobody knows about the situation or just doesn't wanna talk about it.

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #71 on: August 24, 2009, 06:29:51 AM »
Besides having DOC and Eminem it seems like Dre is fucking with anybody for the lyrical side of Detox.

He could still be "on" Aftermath but it doesn't mean much if they won't fund him or participate in his career.  Maybe there's some weird deal if he blows up by his own moves they'll support him.  It definitely feels like he got dropped or put on the back burner.
Cool breeze; I'm hopping out of new Beams
My outfit ran me a few G's but none of that will matter if you leave
I used to be an Adam with two Eves and shawtys automatically do me
Excuse me, all that happened before you doesn't matter
I'm a vision of the future climbing the success ladder
Recline, in the mean time, twenty three shine, diamond bling blind as I rewind
- Banks

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #72 on: August 24, 2009, 08:55:42 AM »
Besides having DOC and Eminem it seems like Dre is fucking with anybody for the lyrical side of Detox.

You might be right about that.
Both DOC and EM is excellent song writers,so I'm cool with that.

The DOC Interview: Detox
The D.O.C.:
It's different because every album is different.
It was a different album from Straight Outta Compton to Niggaz4Life because (Ice) Cube was missing even though the nucleus was the same.
It was a totally different feel when he was making it. This is a Dr. Dre album – this is probably more of a Dr. Dre album than motherfuckers have ever really got in the past. It’s a lot more of Dre in front. I think for his last album, that’s pretty up and above.

So in other words Jimmy Iovine don't believe Slim,Bishop,Stat and/or Earl Hayes has any star power (?) :P ,
so Dre has to carry it himself.  :P hmmmmm

nah, i'ts more like interscope wants Detox in stead of The Reformation & a slim the mobster soloalbum.
but Dre keeps delaying it.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2009, 01:52:14 PM by From Dre-Day to Helter Skelter »

Chad Vader

Re: Detox; The DubCC show *updates and news thread*"
« Reply #73 on: September 07, 2009, 01:24:45 PM »
Bishop Lamont Interview (Acclaim, Street Lifestyle Magazine)

-Speaking of things that are being kept hush-hush… What’s the latest update with the Bigfoot album (Detox)?

Ha! He said the Bigfoot album! Dre just went to Vegas, he’s finishing off 50’s album getting that monster ready. Em is pretty much set to go again. They’re all in Vegas, getting fucked up and making great music. So yeah, that’s what’s up with the Bigfoot album (laughs)

-I think I heard somewhere that over 2000 records have been recorded in the process of creating Detox

Shit, I think it’s even more than that really. I mean he has a vault of records that he’s been dibbling and dabbling with for about ten years now. So I can’t even imagine how many more he’s got in there. Imagine doing 75 records in two nights, just vibing and zoning. There aint no telling how many he’s got. I mean after 22 years he’s like, I’ve seen that, I’ve tasted that, I’ve ate that. So he’s really gotta come with something you’ve never seen before. He’s really gotta come come with something he’s never heard before conceptually and production-wise. That’s where the bar has been set. So it’s a serious thing to do. He has to go beyond himself to get to levels that he’s teeing in his mind. It’s rare that you can achieve what you see in your mind or even come close. So to come that correctly is an arduous task.

-And I understand that this work ethic has even brushed off on you where you have created over 200 records for Detox.

Yeah…

-But my question is… what’s going to happen with all this remaining material?

I couldn’t tell you man. It’s probably gonna sit in the vault or be used for something else. I never look back though. Once it’s done I keep looking forward. Either he cuts it or it makes the cut. It is what it is. My thing is about progression. My thing is about growth. If it aint about the future what is it?

Read rest of the interview here

Related links
http://acclaimmag.com/blog-article/items/acclaim-meets-bishop-lamont-40full-interview41.html
http://twitter.com/BishopLamont1
A Bishop Lamont "Megamix"

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Detox; The DubCC show *updates and news thread*"
« Reply #74 on: September 07, 2009, 01:25:52 PM »
lol @ big foot
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.