Author Topic: Detox; The DubCC show *updates and news thread*"  (Read 16274 times)

Nooc210

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Planets
Re: Detox; The DubCC show *updates and news thread*"
« Reply #105 on: October 18, 2009, 07:40:19 AM »
hes been workin on it for 10 years but he keeps on startin the album again
10 years +
10 years +
10 years +

lol

what up, wheres dretox?
in Dre's mind

ya, & on some kind of sick & twisted media not musical repeat, or like a vinyl record skip that only gets played out in the hip-hop tabloids :nahnah: as a staunch headline to sucker fans into believing there's some actual substance or validity to it.  :-\ ::)

how discouraging really, I'm mean as HARDCORE, DIE-HARD fans all we really get are these more or less wack leftover beats from various artist here & there from time to time that quite frankly aren't as an enticing as a WHOLE NEW DRE ALBUM would be. let's face it Em's Relapse: Instrumentally is as close as we're  getting to a DETOX.  :'(

for now anyway, let's see what HYPE will ensue when we see R2 & BISD drop... along with whatever Slim, Bishop & Stat hoopla will follow thereafter.  :loco:
The Chonic • 2001 • Compton •
http://www.drdre.com

CALIFARAP_VETERANO

« Reply #106 on: October 29, 2009, 09:24:51 PM »
FUCK DETOX

Nooc210

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Planets
« Reply #107 on: November 15, 2009, 03:33:38 AM »

Chad Vader

« Reply #108 on: November 21, 2009, 01:03:22 PM »
Game Speaks on Dr. Dre and Detox
http://www.hiphopgalaxy.com/Game-Speaks-Dr-Dre-Detox-R-E-D-hip-hop-10072.html

A glimmer of hope is on the horizon for fans still waiting for Dr. Dre’s mythical Detox album to drop. Game recently told XXLMag.com that he and Dre are hard at work on both Detox and his own album, The R.E.D. Giving insight into the production legend’s work ethic, Chuck Taylor said composing with Dre is a slow process.

“If you get in the studio with Dre you best be prepared to be there for a long time ’cause he gonna coach you word for word until he gets you to 100 percent where he wants it to be,” he said. “You gonna be in there all night working on one verse. “

“We recording every single day working on Detox and working on The R.E.D. album,” he revealed. “It just feels good for me to be back in the studio with the big homie and working on my project.”

Game also shared that Dre will make the ultimate decision on which songs that come out of the simultaneous Detox/R.E.D. recording sessions will go on which project. According to Game, Doc’s track record speaks for itself like his previous releases, The Chronic and The Chronic 2001.

“Man, I can’t even describe [2001]… I would just say it’s a classic West Coast album but it was world-renowned and it had an international appeal, like who from where didn’t f*ck with that album ?,” Game asked in an interview. “With 2001 he just went back to do what he do best man and that’s just trying to create the sun, moon, stars and Earth in seven days, man. The thing that stands out to me about 2001 is the same thing that stood out to me about Chronic — Dre is a perfectionist and no matter when he coughs up an album, B, they be exactly what you need. I know it seem like he be taking forever with these albums but if you think about the time that passed between the Chronic and 2001, I think Detox is just about due. So it’s not about him just making us wait, it’s his format.” (XXL Mag)

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #109 on: December 06, 2009, 12:53:33 PM »
Good to see Slim getting out there, props yo. Didn't Game have a track on a Fatal album before he blew up?

Nooc210

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Planets

Chad Vader

« Reply #111 on: December 09, 2009, 05:39:26 AM »
Timbaland Teams With Dr. Dre To Introduce Detroit MC Earl Hayes
http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1627866/20091208/timbaland.jhtml?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+MTVNewsLatest+%28MTV+News+Latest+Headlines%29

The O.D.: A Mixtape Daily Exclusive

Tim is teaming up with a music heavyweight to bring you another newcomer.
It doesn't get any bigger than this: Timbaland and fellow super-producer Dr. Dre are joining forces on an upcoming project.

"I got two hip-hop artists, believe it or not,"
Tim said Monday, running down what's coming up for him besides his just-released Timbaland Presents: Shock Value II.
"One is this guy me and Akon signed, Billy Blue.
The other one, I think people gonna wanna know about.
Me and Dre just signed him, this guy named Earl Hayes from Detroit.
Incredible storyteller. Incredible. Reminds me of how B.I.G. tells his stories."

Timbo explained that Earl Hayes has been around for a while and no one brought him to the table.

"He kind of was around the table," Tim said.
"He wrote some of Dre's Detox — if Dre ever is gonna do it — but he wrote a lot of that for Dre.
He's just been around the camp. I knew him from my homeboy, so he's been around both camps.
Me and Dre both think he's a crazy artist. So we said, 'Let's do him together.' "

No Compute

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #112 on: December 09, 2009, 09:15:54 AM »
'Let's do him together.'

spitroast? *insert banana smiley*

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #113 on: December 09, 2009, 01:41:51 PM »
Governor shit is probably real based on 50's Before I Self Destruct featuring him on Do You Think About Me.
Cool breeze; I'm hopping out of new Beams
My outfit ran me a few G's but none of that will matter if you leave
I used to be an Adam with two Eves and shawtys automatically do me
Excuse me, all that happened before you doesn't matter
I'm a vision of the future climbing the success ladder
Recline, in the mean time, twenty three shine, diamond bling blind as I rewind
- Banks

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #114 on: December 20, 2009, 06:08:26 PM »
damn dretox is on some other shit

fuck this relapse shit
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

Matty

« Reply #115 on: December 20, 2009, 06:33:01 PM »
damn the beat in that slim video sounded sounded heavy! 8)

i'd expect that is more of a 'detox' style sound than a lot of other stuff recently.

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #116 on: December 21, 2009, 12:38:03 AM »

i'd expect that is more of a 'detox' style sound than a lot of other stuff recently.

No doubt, would love to hear Xzibit murk that

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #117 on: December 21, 2009, 12:58:08 AM »
Footage I flmed w. Slim in the studio b4 he went in. Gets out in January. Video interview coming.
<a href="http://vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=8212004&amp;amp;server=vimeo.com&amp;amp;show_title=1&amp;amp;show_byline=1&amp;amp;show_portrait=0&amp;amp;color=&amp;amp;fullscreen=1" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=8212004&amp;amp;server=vimeo.com&amp;amp;show_title=1&amp;amp;show_byline=1&amp;amp;show_portrait=0&amp;amp;color=&amp;amp;fullscreen=1</a>

That beat bangs  :o :o :o

i don't know, i wasn't blown away by it.
maybe when there's a proper quality version out, i'll say something different.

why is that?

Matty

« Reply #118 on: December 21, 2009, 03:28:14 AM »
choir sounds, lots of shit going on, but most of all some serious bounce/thump and melodically out there.

Matty

« Reply #119 on: December 21, 2009, 05:39:02 AM »
choir sounds, lots of shit going on, but most of all some serious bounce/thump and melodically out there.

it sorta sounds like that "fake detox instrumental snippets" that leaked a couple of years ago...  :P :P :P :P :P :P :P
can't remember what it was called,but there was a million and one threads about it.

except they are at the actual detox studio, so less likely to be fake beats floating about...

and as some people commented before, seems like that just blaze olympic beat could be fairly close to some of the vibe that detox will be on.