Author Topic: Detox; The DubCC show *updates and news thread*"  (Read 16261 times)

MediumL

Re: Detox; The DubCC show *updates and news thread*"
« Reply #180 on: March 03, 2010, 12:58:12 PM »
^ Didn't know Sly was so heavily involved. That and Kurupt writing are the two things I didn't know.

Hmm maybe he is making a dance record if they keep calling it pop. Just please let it feature no autotune or Dre singing. And please not sound like the BEP album.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/DjGVAwyb454" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/DjGVAwyb454</a>

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #181 on: March 04, 2010, 12:05:37 AM »
LOL no joke, i bet he's pissing in his pants on the regular
LOL . who wouldnt ? being with your idols and your peers in the studio banging out great music. 8) 8)

yeah yeah, i'm just saying, he devoted an album to him :laugh:

I`m Wayne Brady bitch!

« Reply #182 on: March 04, 2010, 12:23:38 AM »
Great, here's hoping that he would turn out a modern gangsta classic down the toilet. "its quite poppy", "Dre's about to make a straight up dance record".

And people wonder why the west coast has fallen. Even the so called perfectionists has lost focus

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #183 on: March 09, 2010, 03:05:43 AM »
area 51

Matty

« Reply #184 on: March 09, 2010, 03:15:30 AM »
area 51

the music playing in that clip i can make out a couple of things - a lot of bass and slim mobster.

LakersAlldaWay

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • SG Valley, CA
« Reply #185 on: March 13, 2010, 06:00:26 PM »
http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1633876/20100312/stat_quo.jhtml

Stat Quo Working With Dr. Dre On Detox, Readying Own Album

By Shaheem Reid, with reporting by Matt Elias

Stat Quo says he doesn't know exactly when, but Dr. Dre is definitely going to drop Detox. It's not a myth. Stat has been writing on the project for several months.

"It's definitely gonna come out," the Atlanta native said of Dre's long-awaited project. "I always said it was gonna come out in 2010 light years ago. I also at one point thought it would never come out. Being around Dre and the energy that's being created, all I can say is that it's incredible. It's totally left-field from what's going on — I really appreciate what he's doing as an artist. Even though from the outside looking in, if I'm other people, I'll be like, 'What's taking him so long?' But it's gonna be worth every second, every hour, every minute. Every week, every year we waited for the album.

"The songs I've heard since I've been around are all really special," he continued. "It's so important to hip-hop that this record comes. It's our saving grace. A lot of the radio stations are going rhythmic and going away from certain types of urban music. You can only go to contemporary stations to get certain soul-type music. The whole platform is changing. An album like his can bring a boost to the music that's going on."

Well, at least we know that Dre is busy. Stat appears in Dr. Dre's new Hewlett-Packard commercial — in the short, Dre is at the boards producing while Stat is in the vocal booth. Quo's fans have been waiting for him to put out his debut almost as long as Dr. Dre's followers have been anticipating Detox. Stat signed to Shady/Aftermath around the same time as 50 Cent, watching while 50 Cent put out an album and waited while G-Unit commandos Tony Yayo, Young Buck, Lloyd Banks and Young Buck dropped. When he was finally on deck in 2007, plans for his LP were squelched once again.

da chronic

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #186 on: March 13, 2010, 08:05:24 PM »
area 51

the music playing in that clip i can make out a couple of things - a lot of bass and slim mobster.

there's a piano loop too lol. Too bad the recording is so weak

The D.O.C and

MrJas

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #187 on: March 14, 2010, 04:01:08 AM »
area 51

there's a piano loop too lol. Too bad the recording is so weak

beat sounds crazy, but a shame dude was recording on some crap video phone. Or maybe Dre made him edit it  :o

haha
You expect me to download an album that isn't real?  Sorry, but I can't sign this.