Author Topic: The Raider Nation Official Thread  (Read 3959 times)

thisoneguy360

Re: BLASPHEMY PRESENTS: The Raider Nation Official Thread
« Reply #75 on: November 02, 2009, 03:20:29 PM »
Bad game, but aside from that interception Russell didn't look horrible.

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #76 on: November 07, 2009, 07:09:35 PM »
yet another raiders LOSS

ya'll stink

Why the fuck you remove my post???

what did i remove???  ???
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #77 on: November 07, 2009, 09:37:38 PM »
Man, I was hoping for a new coach in this bye week. The Raiders are way too dysfunctional under Cable right now, even for the Raiders. This violent shit from him is bad for the team. Hopefully Russell is putting in work.

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #78 on: November 15, 2009, 08:22:29 PM »
just another Raiders loss lol
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #79 on: November 15, 2009, 08:22:42 PM »
why the fuck would you create a sticky thread for such a shitty team that doesn't even support on dubcc? the raiders are garbage and so is their fan base
they got lots of fans on here actually

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #80 on: November 15, 2009, 09:36:07 PM »
Most fans are no longer vocal. Once they win a few games, and become a threat, this board will be all full of Silver and Black. If that ever happens (I'm starting to think Al Davis is undead)

Blasphemy

« Reply #81 on: April 23, 2010, 12:46:30 PM »
Cube Roots: Revisiting the Raiders and N.W.A. in Ice Cube’s ‘Straight Outta L.A.’

By DAVE ITZKOFF
Ice Cube Ice Cube at Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum, the home of the Los Angeles Raiders.
Tribeca

As befits an actor-rapper multi-hyphenate like Ice Cube, his documentary “Straight Outta L.A.” is two stories in one: it’s the tale of how the Oakland Raiders owner Al Davis moved the team to Los Angeles in the 1980s, and how it helped inspire the city and bring it together, before the Raiders returned to Oakland in 1995. It’s also the story of N.W.A., the gangsta rap group that included Ice Cube, Dr. Dre and Eazy-E, and how it made the Raiders’ clothing and sometimes ruthless spirit an essential part of its act. “Straight Outta L.A.” will have its premiere Friday at the Tribeca Film Festival, as part of the Tribeca/ESPN Sports Film Festival, and will be shown on ESPN as part of its “30 for 30″ film series next month.

On Thursday, Ice Cube spoke with ArtsBeat about his memories of the Los Angeles Raiders and the founding of N.W.A., and even used the phrase “dear to my heart.” These are excerpts from that conversation.
Q.

What were you doing in 1982 when the Raiders came to Los Angeles?
A.

I was just starting junior high, getting bused out to neighborhoods to go to school, so it was like a whole new world for me. I started really getting into sports around ‘77, ‘78, so I could comprehend a lot more. The Raiders won the Super Bowl in 1980, so I started looking at that team and my brother was a big fan of the Raiders. I became a fan over even the Rams, who were right there in LA.
Q.

Was it at all controversial to root for the Raiders, who were just coming into town, over the Rams, who had been the hometown team?
A.

Not in my life. [laughs] It wasn’t controversial at all. The Rams just seemed soft. My neighborhood really didn’t identify with that. Coming out of South Central L.A., the Raiders were the team that we can identify with the most. They had the attitude that we had. Some of the Raiders looked like my uncles. They had ‘fros and they had mustaches, beards. We definitely could identify with their players. It was basically just, show up on Sunday and do your thing.
Q.

Was that why N.W.A. made the Raiders clothing its uniform?
A.

N.W.A. was actually an all-star group — we all had our own style, because we had come from different groups to create N.W.A. So we felt that we needed to look like we belonged together. This was an age of troop suits and uniforms. Run-DMC were in black and leather. We decided we’re not dressing alike but we’ll at least wear the same color. So we picked black as our color. I’d show up in my Raider gear. Next thing you know, other people start buying Raider gear. It’s just a thing where you looked right, it felt right. It had the same image we had.
Q.

The eye patch, the sword…
A.

Yeah. That pirate mentality, of take what you think is yours.
Q.

It’s been awhile since you directed a feature — how did an ESPN documentary end up your first film in 12 years?
A.

They approached us, asked would we be interested in telling a story? They said we could tell any sports story, big or small. It could have been a high school game that I lost. Pop Warner or something that affected me. To me this was the perfect story for me to tell, that whole experience of the city and the team. And to have this group latch onto that image, and then carry the image further than the football team did. Before the N.F.L. Network, football was only on a few months out of the year, and then you forgot about it. With N.W.A., you got year-round advertising and year-round branding.
Q.

What was it like getting to interview all the players and Raiders staff members you grew up watching on TV every weekend?
A.

I had a ball doing it. It was fun, just being around sports, as a fan, and working on the project that I’m injected in and that’s dear to my heart. I did this story because felt like nobody else would tell this story, ever, and do it right. I jumped at the opportunity because I knew if I do this on the Raiders, I’ll be able to go to the Raiders training camp and hang out. Get a little access. They know I’m a top fan. It was a no-brainer.
Q.

And getting to sit down face-to-face with Al Davis?
A.

There’s certain people in your life that you want to meet before you die or they die. I was happy to be able to meet Al Davis. I could check him off my list now.
Q.

Who else is on that list?
A.

It’s a few people. I don’t want to say their names or it might not happen. [laughs]
Q.

Have you been to other film festivals with movie projects?
A.

We’ve been to Tribeca. We came here with “Barber Shop.” “Boyz n the Hood” made it to the Cannes Film Festival. I thought that was impressive.
Q.

What was that like?
A.

It was incredible to have as a first-movie experience. Those kind of things, they fuel your fire. You realize you want to be a part of making movies on this level.
Q.

When you think back to where you came from and the start of your career, did you ever imagine you’d end up a filmmaker and director?
A.

Never. Growing up, even though Hollywood is like less than 20 miles away, it just seemed a million miles away. Until you have your first breakthrough and you realize how attainable everything is. I never thought I could put myself in a position to be able to direct movies, especially to have them on ESPN. As a sports fan, it’s kind of like Christmas and your birthday coming on the same day.
Q.

Now when I think back to when I first heard your music, I never thought, that guy’s a wide-eyed romantic. But I guess you are.
A.

[laughs] I guess so.

http://artsbeat.blogs.nytimes.com/2010/04/23/cube-roots-revisiting-the-raiders-and-n-w-a-in-ice-cubes-straight-outta-l-a/

Blasphemy

« Reply #82 on: April 23, 2010, 12:47:44 PM »
Any Information on the Doc should be posted in this Thread, since it does contain Raider Information, Along with any Drafts, games, and related media.  8)

.:DaYg0sTyLz:.

« Reply #83 on: April 23, 2010, 01:09:42 PM »
Damn. Im lookin forward to seein this shit.
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"