Author Topic: Do you believe in karma?  (Read 1220 times)

ωεεźγ ғ

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Do you believe in karma?
« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2008, 02:09:54 PM »

How does me helping a disabled senior citizen load like 10 bags of top soil in his car neglect someone talented?

Because resources are limited.  Our time on Earth is limited.  So any time you spend with the senior citizen is time you could have spent doing something else.  So while you are with the senior citizen you are neglecting everything else.

You fall under my Angelina Jolie example.  Maybe Brad Pitt feels neglected when she is spending so much time doing charity in Africa.  I am only speaking hypothetically.  Maybe he loves her for that.  I don't know.  I'm just pointing out that while she is doing that there is other things she is neglecting.  It's not possible to do more than one thing at a time.

...by the way, I'm not trying to tell you to stop doing what your doing, or that what your doing is bad.  I think it's great what you are doing.  I am just pointing out that "good" is subjective.  So therefore, the concept of karma, that any "good" you bring to the world will come back to you is false.  Because it's impossible to bring "good" to the world.   Because what is "good" to one person may be bad to another.  Look at all these technological advances that appear "good" to the world but then you have environmentalists complaining that the technology is "destroying the Earth for the next generations."

but see, you said that we should do things,that make us happy and helping a blind man cross the street is more selfsatisfying than being on the streets fuelling a coc addiction. so by helping the blind man im neglectin the coc addiction, the resources that i pertain within my range of abilities are being put to good use. And your brad and angelina jolie example has a lot of "maybes" for me to consider it but i like your technological example. But i pray that you do understand the balance of life, nothing on earth is just purely "good" Even something as the Quran, evil to many people for the way freedom fighers cite it to justify actions and good to a whole lot others.

Floydness

« Reply #16 on: December 01, 2008, 05:09:16 PM »
Very interesting responses... :)

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #17 on: December 01, 2008, 07:59:10 PM »
See I'm all for positivity and what not.  But miss me with that karma shit.  I mean, where do you draw the line?  Like if I step on a bug, swat a fly, accidently spit in someones face when I talk - do I have repurcussions?  Hell no.  I always try to be just in my dealings but karma is just peoples way of rationalizing the good and the bad.

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #18 on: December 02, 2008, 01:40:33 PM »

but see, you said that we should do things,that make us happy and helping a blind man cross the street is more selfsatisfying than being on the streets fuelling a coc addiction. so by helping the blind man im neglectin the coc addiction, the resources that i pertain within my range of abilities are being put to good use. And your brad and angelina jolie example has a lot of "maybes" for me to consider it but i like your technological example. But i pray that you do understand the balance of life, nothing on earth is just purely "good" Even something as the Quran, evil to many people for the way freedom fighers cite it to justify actions and good to a whole lot others.

but maybe now the cocaine dealer will make less money and he can't feed his kids.  Or maybe the cocaine dealer is a guy living in LA who was going to be the next 2pac and he needed the money for studio time to create an album that will put the West Coast back on top and make everyone at the dubcc happy.  Or maybe if everyone in your generation was hooked on crack cocaine it would be good because it would reduce the population, and the next generations would benefit by less traffic, less pollution, and more affordable living space.  In some countries overpopulation is a huge problem.

I know that sounds strange.  If the karma concept works for you, then maybe it is real.  Truth is a means to an end.  "Truth" is something we use to better estimate possible outcomes.  Like it's "true" that when I'm thirsty if I drink water it quenches my thirst.  So the "truth" has a use.  We know that a possible outcome of drinking water is quenching our thirst.  But now the question becomes, why do we want to quench our thirst?  Because it makes us feel better!  So if believing in karma works for you and makes you feel better... well then I guess it is true enough.  But for me at this current stage of my life it is not true to me.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2008, 01:44:05 PM by Infinite African West Coastin »
My First Officially Schedule Rap Battle on Stage as an undercard to the undercard match

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

ωεεźγ ғ

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #19 on: December 02, 2008, 02:22:21 PM »

but maybe now the cocaine dealer will make less money and he can't feed his kids.  Or maybe the cocaine dealer is a guy living in LA who was going to be the next 2pac and he needed the money for studio time to create an album that will put the West Coast back on top and make everyone at the dubcc happy.  Or maybe if everyone in your generation was hooked on crack cocaine it would be good because it would reduce the population, and the next generations would benefit by less traffic, less pollution, and more affordable living space.  In some countries overpopulation is a huge problem.

I know that sounds strange.  If the karma concept works for you, then maybe it is real.  Truth is a means to an end.  "Truth" is something we use to better estimate possible outcomes.  Like it's "true" that when I'm thirsty if I drink water it quenches my thirst.  So the "truth" has a use.  We know that a possible outcome of drinking water is quenching our thirst.  But now the question becomes, why do we want to quench our thirst?  Because it makes us feel better!  So if believing in karma works for you and makes you feel better... well then I guess it is true enough.  But for me at this current stage of my life it is not true to me.

look bud i hope you understand that im not trying to push all of this karma fundamentals on you, im just telling you to keep your head and not be let down by your self sacrifices cause believe me they will pay off for you.

Fuck Your Existence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #20 on: December 02, 2008, 03:44:28 PM »
See I'm all for positivity and what not.  But miss me with that karma shit.  I mean, where do you draw the line?  Like if I step on a bug, swat a fly, accidently spit in someones face when I talk - do I have repurcussions?  Hell no.  I always try to be just in my dealings but karma is just peoples way of rationalizing the good and the bad.
word...i just do me and try and be the best person i can. i fuck up but anyone that knows me can always say the good outweighs the bad and with that im satisfied.

Turf Hitta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #21 on: December 02, 2008, 03:53:31 PM »
i only believe in goblins

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #22 on: December 08, 2008, 03:41:40 AM »
Its all about finding that balance.

Money

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #23 on: December 08, 2008, 03:49:45 AM »
  Like if I step on a bug, swat a fly, accidently spit in someones face when I talk - do I have repurcussions?  Hell no. 

LMAO :stupid:

Turf Hitta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #24 on: December 08, 2008, 06:48:28 AM »
i believe in kramer

Kool Beenz

« Reply #25 on: December 09, 2008, 04:38:22 AM »
possibly

penenstamp

« Reply #26 on: December 09, 2008, 10:52:55 AM »
I believe in karma. That's why I don't feel sorry for girls that get raped in the butt and need a few stitches. They asked for it somewhere somehow.

Rugged Monk

« Reply #27 on: December 10, 2008, 04:32:16 AM »

Karma is as simple, yet as complicated as LIFE, existence and the universe itself.  Its cause and effect, its mathematics on level and levels within levels son. Worlds rising, dying and ending.

It is being written with each day and is as much a part of existence as existence itself. Perhaps THE cause of existence. gatdamn.

Buddhists believe karma operates without any GOD, that is; without any arbitrary supernatural intervention.

Kind of also how the ancient Greeks believed that even the creator god Zeus walked in awe of the MOIRAI, You know them? Those 3 old hags always with that spinning wheel?  The MOIRAI were three goddesses who were daughters of Mother Night, but they were concieved without a father...Zeus walked in awe of them and had no power over them as the Moirai were the progeny of the depths of the Night which was the oldest power in the universe....

THE SYMBOLSIM IS EVERYWHERE MUFAFUCARS!
« Last Edit: December 10, 2008, 06:28:00 AM by Illuminatus Great Fiend Overfiend »

Hey Ma

« Reply #28 on: December 10, 2008, 11:30:26 AM »
I believe in a sort of an "ebb and flow" of actions and trends that societies go through which reflect previous actions and trends. You could call that karma, but I don't believe in some person to person "you fucked my sister so you deserved to get in that car wreck" type of selfish philosophy. As Overfiend brought up, Buddhists believe that "karma" happens without God, and I believe that whole heatedly. A simple cause and effect, ebb and flow of attitudes and actions, that belong to US. We are responsible for carrying out "karma".

Jaydc555

« Reply #29 on: December 10, 2008, 07:57:09 PM »
Fuck yeah I believe in karma that bitche gives a mean lap dance I always wear my sweat pants when I know she's working