Author Topic: Akon Says “I Don’t Think Nate’s Any Competition To What We’re Doing Right Now”  (Read 1245 times)

R1ZE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Do 4 Love
too much hate for akon in here

say what you will about his personality/comments in this interview... but hes mad talented.

S P I C E

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • LOOK WHO'S BACK
Currently   =   Akon>>>>Nate
All time =       Nate>>>>Akon

DIP DIP SET SET

Ozir

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Westside!
Come close to this list and then talk...  8)

Ain't No Fun
All About U
All Night Long
Annie Mae
Area Codes
Bad Girls
Been A Long Time
Behind The Walls
Bitch Please
Bitch Please II
Bitches Ain't Shit
Black Mercedes
Boss' Life (Nate Dogg Remix)
Call The Cops
Can't Be Faded
Can't Deny It
Can't Nobody
Clownin'
Connected
Crazy
Crazy (Live)
Deeez Nuuuts
Ditty Dum Ditty Doo
A Doggz Day Afternoon
Dolla Dolla Bill
Don't Sweat It
Don't Tell
Eastside Party
From Long Beach 2 Brick City
Game Don't Wait (Remix)
Gangsta Love
Gangsta Nation
Get Up
Girls All Pause
Gott Damn Shame
Groupie
Hard On A Hoe
The Hard Way
The Hardest Mutha Fuckas
Have A Party
Having Things
Hey Y'all
Hide It
High Come Down
Him Or Me
How Long Will They Mourn Me?
I Don't Like To Dream About Gettin Paid
I Dont Want To Know
I Got Game
I Got Love
I Got Love (Remix)
I Like That
I Need A Bitch
I Need A Light
In The Mid-Nite Hour
Indo Smoke
It's Fo' Twenty
Just Doggin'
Keep It G.A.N.G.S.T.A.
Keep It Real
L.A.
Lay Low
Learn The Game
Leave Her Alone
Let's Get Closer
Let's Play House
Like This
Lollipop
Look In My Eyes
Medley For A V (Live)
Merry Jane
Mind On My Money
Multiply
Music & Me
My Name
Nah, Nah...
Neva Gonna Give It Up
Never Enough
Never Leave Me Alone
Next Boyfriend
The Next Episode
Nobody Does It Better
Oh No
One More Day
Ooh Wee
PYT
Real Pimp
Real Soon
Regulate
Regulate (Jamming Mix)
Right Back Where You Are
Round & Round
Runnin' Game
Set It Off
The Set Up
Shake That
Skandalouz
Somebody Like Me
Space Boogie
Special
Str8 West Coast (Remix)
The Streets (re-twist)
There She Goes
There They Go
These Days
Thugs Get Lonely Too
'Till I Collapse
Time's Up
Too Much
Warrior Pt. 2
What They Think
What U Wanna Do
What We Do
What We Gonna Do
Where I'm From
Why
Xxplosive
Yo' Sassy Ways
Your Woman Has Just Been Sighted
21 Questions

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
With Akon's main point, Nate is known for his hooks, Akon is known for his songs. Now Nate was going to go the whole straight R&B route, and drop the Nate Dogg name, but sadly we'd never know. I do own his 3 albums, and I can say it's a mix bag, but his first album (actually 2 albums, but you know the story) was a classic, and had it been big time, like Death Row 1995 like it was suppose to, Nate's solo career might be different.

As for T-Pain. T-PAIN CAN'T SING!!! T-Pain is the wack as fuck. At least when I heard Akon, I was like, I can fuck with this dude's music. Locked Up was the shit, Lonely gave me some good memories, and Ghetto was that jam. T-Pain bit Roger Troutman, and wants royalties for it. Dude sang live for the hip-Hop honors award honoring another person he bit, Teddy Riley, and just blew.

As an artist, Akon has to come out with some more classics before I put him over Nate, but T-Pain ain't even in the conversation.

Elano

Ne does have a point i mean he can sell solo records. I mean im not sayin hes on nates level but u gotta give him credit. hes this generations Nate.
:-X

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
Just for the fuck of it

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/uzveEPBVQtA&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/uzveEPBVQtA&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1</a>
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/r4PUE1AZGZA&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/r4PUE1AZGZA&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1</a>
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/DTEG1NchsnM&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/DTEG1NchsnM&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1</a>

Elano

They can come closer than close.....original they never will be

BiggBoogaBiff

^^^ LOL ^^^ tru statement and I'm ridin' wit' Nate, but Akon and T Pain are them boys right now and truth be told down the line (15-20 yrs) more people will be playing Akon & T Pain's music more.  And for those who keep saying T Pain is talentless; I guess you've never heard a T Pain album.  T Pain is a melodic, catchy, creative, ORIGINAL artist.  Not to mention him & Akon make their own beats/music.  The only thing Pain jacked was the autotune, and muthafuckas from EVERY genre of music have been doin' it way before Eazy E had a deal.  If your gonna bash artist make sure you have facts and a valid point.  They sell records bcuz they nice at what they do, NOT bcuz the record companies are trying to go overkill on their artist.  Last time I checked white folx aint been too kind to niggas.  When people talk about the downfall of a perticular artist/band. etc. they don't mention talk about the label as much bcuz the label keeps on moving and gettin money. 

Stop trying to get on these boards and voice your ignorant ass opinion.  Do some research, open your mind, MAKE YOUR OWN SHIT and stop bashing on the next man- it makes all of ya'll look like fags truthfully.  It's like you just want people to respond to your bullshit just to provoke a reaction.  They only reason why I react and act is bcuz thats all people seem to do and it's hurting the game (ya'll just don't see the bigger picture).  It's just like what Kanye said about Beyonce' and Tina Turner; Beyonce' is pass Tina Turner- if it wasn't for the infamous name "Ike Turner" and the phrase "What's Love Got To Do With It?" then Tina Turner would've vanished away like a Phyllis Hyman.  I can't wait for these boards to change up on the demographics, it makes me have sort of a hate for the rap "fans" of the world. 

And the TPain/Isaac Hayes comment is acurate.  I can't make love to my girl playin' nothin' but oldies, bitches don't like that shit and neither do I.  Teddy Penherassdown helps u get alot more ass than Mr. Hayes, that's just a fact.  I wasn't so lucky bumpin' the Nate Dogg either.  But if you give me a bottle and a chris brown or a rihanna cd then that's another story.

conqueso34

• Muthafuckin' OG
Come close to this list and then talk...  8)

Ain't No Fun
All About U
All Night Long
Annie Mae
Area Codes
Bad Girls
Been A Long Time
Behind The Walls
Bitch Please
Bitch Please II
Bitches Ain't Shit
Black Mercedes
Boss' Life (Nate Dogg Remix)
Cali Diseaz forgot this one
Call The Cops
Can't Be Faded
Can't Deny It
Can't Nobody
Clownin'
Connected
Crazy
Crazy (Live)
Deeez Nuuuts

also my fav T-pain hook that i can think of is off that Twista song "Creep Fast", and i think thats only one i really liked

stillinrehab

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  I can't make love to my girl playin' nothin' but oldies, bitches don't like that shit and neither do I.  Teddy Penherassdown helps u get alot more ass than Mr. Hayes, that's just a fact.  I wasn't so lucky bumpin' the Nate Dogg either.  But if you give me a bottle and a chris brown or a rihanna cd then that's another story.

Damn you're getting lucky with TPain and Chris Brown and Rhianna??? Those are some 15 year old bitches you be hitting then son .... Nate gets me some real ladies and IF I had to resort to Hayes then Bam!!! Id get mad bitches then too 8)

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
^^^ LOL ^^^ tru statement and I'm ridin' wit' Nate, but Akon and T Pain are them boys right now and truth be told down the line (15-20 yrs) more people will be playing Akon & T Pain's music more.  And for those who keep saying T Pain is talentless; I guess you've never heard a T Pain album.  T Pain is a melodic, catchy, creative, ORIGINAL artist.  Not to mention him & Akon make their own beats/music.  The only thing Pain jacked was the autotune, and muthafuckas from EVERY genre of music have been doin' it way before Eazy E had a deal.  If your gonna bash artist make sure you have facts and a valid point.  They sell records bcuz they nice at what they do, NOT bcuz the record companies are trying to go overkill on their artist.  Last time I checked white folx aint been too kind to niggas.  When people talk about the downfall of a perticular artist/band. etc. they don't mention talk about the label as much bcuz the label keeps on moving and gettin money. 

Stop trying to get on these boards and voice your ignorant ass opinion.  Do some research, open your mind, MAKE YOUR OWN SHIT and stop bashing on the next man- it makes all of ya'll look like fags truthfully.  It's like you just want people to respond to your bullshit just to provoke a reaction.  They only reason why I react and act is bcuz thats all people seem to do and it's hurting the game (ya'll just don't see the bigger picture).  It's just like what Kanye said about Beyonce' and Tina Turner; Beyonce' is pass Tina Turner- if it wasn't for the infamous name "Ike Turner" and the phrase "What's Love Got To Do With It?" then Tina Turner would've vanished away like a Phyllis Hyman.  I can't wait for these boards to change up on the demographics, it makes me have sort of a hate for the rap "fans" of the world. 

And the TPain/Isaac Hayes comment is acurate.  I can't make love to my girl playin' nothin' but oldies, bitches don't like that shit and neither do I.  Teddy Penherassdown helps u get alot more ass than Mr. Hayes, that's just a fact.  I wasn't so lucky bumpin' the Nate Dogg either.  But if you give me a bottle and a chris brown or a rihanna cd then that's another story.

Truth be told, in 15-20 years, Akon and T-Pain will be played as much as Nate Dogg is now. Who will people play, whoever is hot then. Plan fact.

I have no idea who compared Tina to Beyonce besides Kanye, he got his opinion and since he does his thing his entitled to it.

You got it twisted homie. yeah in 2008 it may look Akon/T-Pain>Nate Dogg, but in 2001 people were saying Ja Rule=2Pac, and I don't hear that now. in 2012 will people say that. It's a large picture. Today, the biggest artist I feel is Kanye, Weezy to me is like Jay was in 2000, everyone saying his ruining the game, but in 5 years people will say his a legend, expect the people saying his ruining the game. Kanye though will have longevity because even if solo career flops, his still making beats. He'll be the next Pete Rock. But to compare yesterday with today is hard to do. It's almost impossible. That's why I say this, in 4-5 years, get back at me on Akon v. Nate. Already though I can say T-Pain is out the question. I can't think of 1 song T-Pain put out that has large replay value. I'm in Luv (Wit a Stripper) might be the closest, but it's already died down now, Buy You a Drink and Bartender are cool, but I mean they aren't that lasting song that an artist gets known for. I can at least think of 3 songs for Akon that he'll be remembered for.

Now as for Nate Dogg, dude was part of classics, classic hip-hop albums, he made songs classic. When we first heard dude on Deez Nuttz, things changed. Hooks in Hip-Hop changed forever, as yeah LL Cool J put New Edition on a track, or Melli Mel got on a Shaka Khan song, but Nate just ripped the R&B/Hip-Hop fusion a new ass hole. Nate put a stamp on Hip-Hop that's been copied over and over, from Ja Rule, to Timberland, to the Black Eye Peas adding Fergie, to now Akon and T-Pain. Where these people stack up, it's up to discussion. But when was the last time Akon and T-Pain were on stage with someone the caliber of Mariah Carey, I think this locks it up until then.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/oytBo92JpNQ&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/oytBo92JpNQ&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1</a>

BiggBoogaBiff

Truth be told, in 15-20 years, Akon and T-Pain will be played as much as Nate Dogg is now. Who will people play, whoever is hot then. Plan fact.

I have no idea who compared Tina to Beyonce besides Kanye, he got his opinion and since he does his thing his entitled to it.

You got it twisted homie. yeah in 2008 it may look Akon/T-Pain>Nate Dogg, but in 2001 people were saying Ja Rule=2Pac, and I don't hear that now. in 2012 will people say that. It's a large picture. Today, the biggest artist I feel is Kanye, Weezy to me is like Jay was in 2000, everyone saying his ruining the game, but in 5 years people will say his a legend, expect the people saying his ruining the game. Kanye though will have longevity because even if solo career flops, his still making beats. He'll be the next Pete Rock. But to compare yesterday with today is hard to do. It's almost impossible. That's why I say this, in 4-5 years, get back at me on Akon v. Nate. Already though I can say T-Pain is out the question. I can't think of 1 song T-Pain put out that has large replay value. I'm in Luv (Wit a Stripper) might be the closest, but it's already died down now, Buy You a Drink and Bartender are cool, but I mean they aren't that lasting song that an artist gets known for. I can at least think of 3 songs for Akon that he'll be remembered for.

Now as for Nate Dogg, dude was part of classics, classic hip-hop albums, he made songs classic. When we first heard dude on Deez Nuttz, things changed. Hooks in Hip-Hop changed forever, as yeah LL Cool J put New Edition on a track, or Melli Mel got on a Shaka Khan song, but Nate just ripped the R&B/Hip-Hop fusion a new ass hole. Nate put a stamp on Hip-Hop that's been copied over and over, from Ja Rule, to Timberland, to the Black Eye Peas adding Fergie, to now Akon and T-Pain. Where these people stack up, it's up to discussion. But when was the last time Akon and T-Pain were on stage with someone the caliber of Mariah Carey, I think this locks it up until then.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/oytBo92JpNQ&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/oytBo92JpNQ&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1</a>

Like I've mentioned before; None of ya'll have heard the albums.  You're only talking Singles, I'm not talking about who had a bigger hit- who gives a fuck- I'm talkin artistry.  And yeah Nate did it first, so what- If you gonna go like that then EVERYBODY COPIED JAMES BROWN (from country 2 gospel).  and i've NEVER heard people compare Pac 2 Ja Rule (you'd get slapped 4 that shit and still would, now DMX is arguable)- dont know what section of the world u live in  :o or who and what type of people you communicated with  ::).  It seems like none of ya'll grew up and got tha memo that it's okay to like girls (remember pre-school).  And I fucks wit Nate Dogg harder than Akon, but truthfully speaking they (Kon & Pain) are more diverse than Nate- so in a way that makes them better off the top.  And for some1 to say that I'm only getting teenage pussy to their music is funny.  But maybe you're right 15-20 yrs from now they'll be playing some1 else more (and they wont be the James Browns or the Van Halens) but I can gaurentee you on this day of this year that when history is written they'll be on top (maybe just TPain) and its not gonna be bcuz of politics.... on that note I'd like to say Get Well Soon & Fully to Nate Dogg, ya'll makin me feel like I'm tryna talk down/bad about the man when that's the farthest from the truth.

Lucifuge

YEA. EXSEMPEL. Nate kill that hook on snoop's Boss life,nate hook is teher 9982398243892438923892398943923389289242938923898934 times.
ALESSANDRO DEL PIERO!!!

Detox 2000Never

tyranasaurus rex like fuck a bitch
i once saw a pterdactyl fuck a bitch
eat a bowl these bitch gobbling dick
hoes forgot to eat a dick a shut the fuck up
roll through crenshaw on my pterdactyl like what up!
By kevin t as Kurupt :D

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
popular or not, if/when Nate becomes 90 years old, he'll still be better than what Akon & T-Pain come up with, now.

Elano

popular or not, if/when Nate becomes 90 years old, he'll still be better than what Akon & T-Pain come up with, now.

AMEN 8)