Author Topic: Akon Says “I Don’t Think Nate’s Any Competition To What We’re Doing Right Now”  (Read 1229 times)

Furor Teutonicus

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • aka Dr. Jan Itor
Currently   =   Akon>>>>Nate
All time =       Nate>>>>Akon

I can agree with that. Akon will never touch Nate's legacy/catalogue

T-Dogg

• Muthafuckin' Don!
They can come closer than close.....original they never will be

Preach!

Episcop Cruel Cvrle

nate dogg should have copyrights to hook game, he invented it. akon and t pain have to bow down for the rest of their lives.

today KOBE (KOKILLA) khalils dude >>>>>>>akon, t pain

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

SLAUGHTERHOUSE PLAYER YOU ALREADY KNOW THO,A PIG IS OUR LOGO, BUT WE AINT THA PO-PO

WWW.DYNASTYENTGROUP.COM    WWW.THEBOSSBOARD.COM

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
lol at 'Kon thinkin him or T-Pain are anywhere close to Nate Dogg ::)
LOL....they say a mind is a terrible thing to waste. akon is chainsmoking dipped cigarettes if he thinks him on t pain coon ass is anything close to nate dogg. nate's guest appearances on the chronic, doggystyle, dogg food, all eyez on me, murder was the case and above the rim soundtrack alone <<<<<<<<<<<<<<< t pain and akon's whole career.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2008, 05:59:34 AM by Classic Material »
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

penenstamp

Jome summed what I wanted to say. With the production Akon takes it a step further than Nate Dogg has done, but that doesn't mean that Akon comes close to Nate Dogg when it comes to singing hooks.

Þŕiņçë

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Cold Hearted Son Of A Bitch
lol at 'Kon thinkin him or T-Pain are anywhere close to Nate Dogg ::)

h2k4

akon whines like a bitch and t pain is just gay

I envy your hate for Akon and T-Pain. haha

anyway, this shit is fucked up. with all Nate's going through and shit, Akon still says that shit?
it's not Nate's fault that he didn't have a real solo career. he didn't have anyone backing him and was too busy making loot off classic hooks.
Nate knew he didn't have to even have a solo career to be popular, but knew he had to do something, so he released Music & Me.

Akon is a bitch and his voice is irritating. I don't listen to Nate's shit anymore, but I rather listen to his than Akon's.
Akon is nothing but a starving little African trying to make it in the US (no racist).

How is it not Nate's fault that he can't put out a solo?  Prior to him being sick, he had plenty of time to record a solo project.  To me, that solo project he did some years ago, had no replay value except for a song or two.  But I think he was content with receiving royalties from all of the hooks he did.  Everyone has a lane in the music game and Akon and T-Pain found their niche.

BiggBoogaBiff

akon whines like a bitch and t pain is just gay

I envy your hate for Akon and T-Pain. haha

anyway, this shit is fucked up. with all Nate's going through and shit, Akon still says that shit?
it's not Nate's fault that he didn't have a real solo career. he didn't have anyone backing him and was too busy making loot off classic hooks.
Nate knew he didn't have to even have a solo career to be popular, but knew he had to do something, so he released Music & Me.

Akon is a bitch and his voice is irritating. I don't listen to Nate's shit anymore, but I rather listen to his than Akon's.
Akon is nothing but a starving little African trying to make it in the US (no racist).

How is it not Nate's fault that he can't put out a solo?  Prior to him being sick, he had plenty of time to record a solo project.  To me, that solo project he did some years ago, had no replay value except for a song or two.  But I think he was content with receiving royalties from all of the hooks he did.  Everyone has a lane in the music game and Akon and T-Pain found their niche.

u get it.  and dogg's work wasn't that great eitha, I'm glad u honest wit dat shit

KURUPTION-81

In terms of quality nate easily outshines akon.

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

mlk93

• Muthafuckin' OG
Snoop Boss life Nate version > to boss life akon version! It's just fact!

Detox Iz Not Active

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Tonite
http://www.xxlmag.com/online/?p=30750

Akon is one of three crooners to have held hip-hop’s hook man crown since R&B hooks became the norm in the 90s.

Nate Dogg, Kon and his protege T-Pain, have all taken turns as the hook man du jour -seemingly establishing a monopoly on rap hooks during their respectives reigns. While Nate, the senior of the group has been hooking rappers up for 16 years, Kon thinks he’s no match for what he and Pain have been doing the past few years.

“I mean it depends on what you consider to be a hook man,” Kon told XXLMag.com. ”Nate, I don’t think he’s any competition to what we’re doing right now. The West Coast, which was incredibly hot, there wasn’t nobody touching Nate Dogg at that time. I was around at that time. It wasn’t no getting through them doors.

“Nate had it locked down,” Kon continued. “But I think as time started changing, I slowly took over because I came with more than just a hook. I came and gave you the song itself. When you came to Akon for a record, you’ll get the record, you’ll the track, you’ll get the song and the concept for it.”

But when it comes down to best hook man off all time, Kon gives it up to his own signee, T-Pain.

“If I had to give it personally to anybody, I would give it to T-Pain,” Kon revealed. ”I always looked at him as someone that can add a lot of color to someone’s record. I do it a lot of different ways, but I’m always thinking business when I’m doing it. Pain is doing it for the fun of it. I strategize differently. I do it according to what territories I need to take over. Pain does it just cause he loves to do it.” -Marvin Brandon

sad truth is, 99% of people listening to rap today believe the garbage coming out of acoon's mouth, which is why hip hop is dead
Guess who back in the motherfuckin house
With a fat dick for your motherfuckin mouth
Hoes recognize, niggaz do too
Cuz when bitches get skanless and pull a voodoo.....