Author Topic: ***Manchester City will sign Valencia striker Villa in January for £52M***  (Read 534 times)

Elano

David Villa's reported move to Manchester City for a record £52million looks closer to becoming a reality this week.

The Valencia striker's agent, Jose Luis Tamargo is set to jet in from Spain on Tuesday to discuss the big money deal, which has already been approved by the Blues' new Abu Dhabi -based owners, and could be concluded by the end of the week.

Villa, who was the leading scorer in Euro 2008 and lies second only to Samuel Eto’o in the La Liga this season, is just the big-impact signing Mark Hughes has been looking for to kick-start his high-profile January shopping spree, say the News of the World.

Contract
Villa will join Robinho as the Premier League’s top wage earner on £160,000-a-week as City’s Abu Dhabi owners make good on their promise to buy the world’s best.
Reports in Spain claimed City representatives have met twice met with Villa’s agent, Jose Luis Tamargo, in Madrid to discuss the move.
Villa, who turned 27 on Wednesday, has a £125m compensation clause built into his contract at Valencia but the club are so cash-strapped they have been forced to waive that in the face of City’s interest. And while he signed a new contract in the summer which ties him to Valencia until 2014, he knows he has no option but to move on.

Impressed
He said: “I will stay at Valencia for as long as the president wants me. If he tells me I have to be sold to save the club, then that is his decision and I’ll look for a fresh challenge.”
Villa was the top scorer at Euro 2008 with four goals and is also second top scorer in La Liga behind Samuel Eto’o. A source close to the deal said: “It is clear City need a world-class striker and Villa fits the bill. “The Arabs have been impressed with him and Mark Hughes is convinced he will do well in English football.
“His agent will be flying in on Tuesday and there is every chance talks and a deal will be concluded by thend of the week.”

tempo2

no player is worth 52 million, salary cap is needed in football quickly. Football has become a joke full of pre-modonas and people acting like footballers are heros etc.

Furor Teutonicus

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • aka Dr. Jan Itor
no player is worth 52 million, salary cap is needed in football quickly. Football has become a joke full of pre-modonas and people acting like footballers are heros etc.

+1

exactly my thoughts

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
I hope not.

kemizt

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Sad day for soccer.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Furor Teutonicus

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • aka Dr. Jan Itor
Sad day for soccer.

you mean football.

penenstamp

Sad day for soccer.

you mean football.

to me...

football = catching balls with your hands and occasionally kick it
soccer = kicking against a ball with your feet

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
Sad day for soccer.

you mean football.

to me...

:nawty:

kemizt

wilz

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
Sad day for soccer.

you mean football.

to me...

I sincerely hope u realise what u just wrote and u were being ironic

[img]

Mac 10 †

• Hustler
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • You'll never ever win the big one ya monkey fucks!
Sad day for soccer.

you mean football.

to me...

That's because you wish you were American and unfortunately for you, you are Dutch.
NO MORE WAR

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: ***Manchester City will sign Valencia striker Villa in January for £52M***
« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2008, 04:28:47 PM »
^money lol
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin