Poll

Should I finally move out of my families house JUST to live closer to work and school?

Fuck that, save your money!
3 (21.4%)
Fuck it, spend your money!
4 (28.6%)
Is floydness a girl?
5 (35.7%)
I dont give a shit unless you smoke me out..
2 (14.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Author Topic: Should I leave the nest?  (Read 373 times)

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Made
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
Re: Should I leave the nest?
« Reply #50 on: December 10, 2008, 09:46:20 AM »
^for real. it's a big cultural thing as well. I am of European background and it's practically seen as a sin to move out before u get married, no matter the age :D

Ehm, no.

kemizt

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #51 on: December 10, 2008, 09:52:20 AM »
^It depends on how religious the culture is. Portugal is probably a lot more Catholic than Norway, the Netherlands or Germany. Over here, you definitely get a laugh or condescending look if you're male, 21+ and flat out living with your parents 24/7/365, unless your house is on some bomb ass party shit or something.

As a woman I think it's not a big deal. I'm already impressed when women of wealthy families even work while going to school. Most good-looking women know all it takes for them to be fine is marrying a wealthy man. So if they work and get advanced education I don't see a problem with them being at home. As a man living at home at a relatively old age, it is kinda pathetic because you have to prove that you make a living in this world and if you straight up depend on your family until you are like 30, well, that's saying a lot about you, doesn't it?
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Made
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #52 on: December 10, 2008, 10:52:22 AM »
^It depends on how religious the culture is. Portugal is probably a lot more Catholic than Norway, the Netherlands or Germany. Over here, you definitely get a laugh or condescending look if you're male, 21+ and flat out living with your parents 24/7/365, unless your house is on some bomb ass party shit or something.

As a woman I think it's not a big deal. I'm already impressed when women of wealthy families even work while going to school. Most good-looking women know all it takes for them to be fine is marrying a wealthy man. So if they work and get advanced education I don't see a problem with them being at home. As a man living at home at a relatively old age, it is kinda pathetic because you have to prove that you make a living in this world and if you straight up depend on your family until you are like 30, well, that's saying a lot about you, doesn't it?

I know I know, it's just that should've said it's a Portugal/Catholic culture thing. Shit - I moved when I was 17.

kemizt

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #53 on: December 11, 2008, 03:37:20 AM »
^for real. it's a big cultural thing as well. I am of European background and it's practically seen as a sin to move out before u get married, no matter the age :D

LOL...Exactly...Morons in here who think it's pathetic for a 22 year old girl to live at home need help. Some middle eastern families wont even let the daughter move out until she's married! LMAO@grundy.