Poll

Should I finally move out of my families house JUST to live closer to work and school?

Fuck that, save your money!
3 (21.4%)
Fuck it, spend your money!
4 (28.6%)
Is floydness a girl?
5 (35.7%)
I dont give a shit unless you smoke me out..
2 (14.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Author Topic: Should I leave the nest?  (Read 606 times)

Floydness

Re: Should I leave the nest?
« Reply #30 on: December 09, 2008, 11:56:13 AM »
Id rather leave it in the bank earning interest and then PURCHASING a house instead of paying people to live in their house when I have my own.. but yeah the driving thing kills me.. :-X

Muhfukka

« Reply #31 on: December 09, 2008, 11:58:08 AM »
haha youll be living at home until youre like 35

Floydness

« Reply #32 on: December 09, 2008, 12:42:23 PM »
No I was thinking more like 23 lol

Let's Get Down

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Kane Beatz Movement - The Building Records
« Reply #33 on: December 09, 2008, 03:06:51 PM »
living on ur own is a great exp..i've been paying my rent since Gr. 12 and i'm 21 now. If you're allowed to move back home, i say try it out for a few months..i wasn't so lucky but i definitely don't regret leaving. 8)

Floydness

« Reply #34 on: December 09, 2008, 03:08:22 PM »
any roomie stories? share!

Let's Get Down

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #35 on: December 09, 2008, 03:28:26 PM »
don't wanna get into details but find a roommate who flushes after using the toilet

Floydness

« Reply #36 on: December 09, 2008, 04:42:37 PM »
Should I spend $600.00 a month on rent so I can live closer to my work and school? Or do you think I should continue to live at home (which I dislike) and save my money for a rainy day?  In 6 months I could either spend 3,600 on a place to live, or I can save that money but I would have to drive for at least 2 hours everyday... Plus im turning 22 so I kind of feel like I want to move out, I hate the area that I live in, I have a few other reasons I want to move out but thats pretty much it... tell me what u think dubcc, who pays their own rent? TALK TO ME! 8) :)

LMAO!  You're 22 and you are even considering this?  Jesus christ...what the hell is wrong w/ kids these days.  you should have moved out 4 years ago like a normal functioning member of society.  Honestly, no hate, just straight up opinion, 22 and living w/ mommy and daddy is pathetic...unless you are taking care of them because they have health problems, or its a cultural thing where you support your parents.  But if you just living there so that you don't have to pay rent, that is just flat out pathetic.  Gain some independence.  A year or 2 after you graduate HS, just to save some money...okay, I can dig it...but until  you are 22, give me a fuckin break!

Listen grundy I see your point but you have to understand that when you move out you take on a lot of financial responsibilities other than rent (which on its own is very expensive).. times are hard right now, I think everyone should have a few thousand dollars in their account for a rainy day, future investments, medical, etc.  If I have to endure the negative for the benefit of the future, than why not? Its not like im going to live in some cool apartment.. Im going to live with people I dont even know and rent a room for $600.00 a month! LOL! I have my own  room  with no limits on my freedom..   Dont call me pathetic because this is very common lol its not like I  want to move out when im 25 (and I know many people that still live at home at 25) but  :whistle:whatever I guess it doesnt matter lol..  I guess I just have to start making this my moto "talk is cheap, if you're feeling froggy just leap" :-X :) 8)

Muhfukka

« Reply #37 on: December 09, 2008, 04:57:33 PM »
how do you get rallied in your parents house

Floydness

« Reply #38 on: December 09, 2008, 04:58:22 PM »
I have my own room with a lock.. im 21, they know I have sex lol..

acgrundy

« Reply #39 on: December 09, 2008, 05:25:41 PM »
Should I spend $600.00 a month on rent so I can live closer to my work and school? Or do you think I should continue to live at home (which I dislike) and save my money for a rainy day?  In 6 months I could either spend 3,600 on a place to live, or I can save that money but I would have to drive for at least 2 hours everyday... Plus im turning 22 so I kind of feel like I want to move out, I hate the area that I live in, I have a few other reasons I want to move out but thats pretty much it... tell me what u think dubcc, who pays their own rent? TALK TO ME! 8) :)

LMAO!  You're 22 and you are even considering this?  Jesus christ...what the hell is wrong w/ kids these days.  you should have moved out 4 years ago like a normal functioning member of society.  Honestly, no hate, just straight up opinion, 22 and living w/ mommy and daddy is pathetic...unless you are taking care of them because they have health problems, or its a cultural thing where you support your parents.  But if you just living there so that you don't have to pay rent, that is just flat out pathetic.  Gain some independence.  A year or 2 after you graduate HS, just to save some money...okay, I can dig it...but until  you are 22, give me a fuckin break!

Listen grundy I see your point but you have to understand that when you move out you take on a lot of financial responsibilities other than rent (which on its own is very expensive).. times are hard right now, I think everyone should have a few thousand dollars in their account for a rainy day, future investments, medical, etc.  If I have to endure the negative for the benefit of the future, than why not? Its not like im going to live in some cool apartment.. Im going to live with people I dont even know and rent a room for $600.00 a month! LOL! I have my own  room  with no limits on my freedom..   Dont call me pathetic because this is very common lol its not like I  want to move out when im 25 (and I know many people that still live at home at 25) but  :whistle:whatever I guess it doesnt matter lol..  I guess I just have to start making this my moto "talk is cheap, if you're feeling froggy just leap" :-X :) 8)

wow.  you are making it seem like living on your own is some huge feat.  Yes, there is more financial responsibility than paying rent.  Yes, there are many 25 year olds who still live w/ mommy and daddy, and yes I think they are pathetic.  Its called responsibility, independence, and having some fucking self respect.  22 and still living at home is major pathetic.  What kind of goals do you set for yourself?  You are just part of an extremely sad and dependent generation in the USA, where you continuously make excuses for yourself, rather than get up and face your challenges in life and overcome them.  At age 18 you are legally an adult, and you should be taking responsibility for yourself.  And then you go talking about all this shit about everyone should have a few thousand saved up...you're fucking 22 and living w/ your parents...thats minimum 4 years of very lil' expenses where you could have saved money.  You, like the other 90% of America want your fucking hand held all throughout life.  Get a fucking job.  Sacrifice your expenses.  Live within your means.  22 you should damn near be graduated from college.  Quit giving yourself excuses.  The more excuses you make for yourself the less you are going to amount to in life.  I be a million bucks when you were 18 you didn't think you would be living with mommy and daddy at age 22.  Now if you postpone the move again, I bet you will be with them until age 25.  If you are not ready to live on your own by age 22 you are seriously pathetic.  Its really sad that you think it is okay and not pathetic because it is common for 22 year old's to still be living with their parents.  Don't you think that is setting the bar pretty low for yourself when you group yourself with the common pathetic douchebags of America?

The Watcher

« Reply #40 on: December 09, 2008, 05:54:15 PM »
22 and living at home? wow

i was out the door at 17 and haven't looked back since. you're worried about rent? i pay like $4.5k/month for my house (in .au), people crying about paying $200/week on rent make me laugh

my parents only had one rule: no ass in the house. so i got the fuck out.
army of the pharaohs never make love songs
we finger fuck bitches with freddy krueger gloves on
- celph titled

"lol infact lmao" - Proof of D12

anticipate the shots like obama at the podium
- joe budden

Lunatic

« Reply #41 on: December 09, 2008, 06:31:39 PM »
^for real. it's a big cultural thing as well. I am of European background and it's practically seen as a sin to move out before u get married, no matter the age :D
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

penenstamp

« Reply #42 on: December 09, 2008, 10:11:58 PM »
^for real. it's a big cultural thing as well. I am of European background and it's practically seen as a sin to move out before u get married, no matter the age :D

Eh... many different cultures in Europe. This probably has more to do with your Portuguese roots. In fact, what you say there sounds even more like an American thing than a 'European' thing.

Let's Get Down

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #43 on: December 09, 2008, 10:14:43 PM »
I wouldn't let culture stop me from getting outta my house. I think it's okay to be living at home in your mid 20's as long as you're going to school, working etc..It's a luxury cuz there are ppl who are held back from these things due to being forced out of home & having to work fulltime. this is what i've been doin the past 4+ yrs & i'm finally getting my shit together so i can finally attend post-secondary. hopefully..

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #44 on: December 10, 2008, 12:05:40 AM »
on the real if my daughter wants to stay at home i'm all for it if she's going to college and trying to improve herself. i'd rather support her future so she can make a LIVING than kick her out and make her work shitty jobs just to make a SURVIVING.

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09