Author Topic: What's Talib Kweli's best album and songs since Reflection Eternal?  (Read 184 times)

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
Talib Kweli really needs to start recording with Hi-Tek again, the Reflection Eternal album is one of my favorite albums of all time.  I stopped listening to him after he went on his own without Hi-Tek's production.  So somebody put me up on what I've missed?
My First Officially Schedule Rap Battle on Stage as an undercard to the undercard match

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Hey Ma

Re: What's Talib Kweli's best album and songs since Reflection Eternal?
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2008, 11:18:12 AM »
I really liked The Beautiful Mixtape that came out in 2004 i think. It had a lot of good tracks to hype him before the album came out, and in a nice clean format where the songs weren't getting cut the fuck up incessantly with someone yelling over them. nice blends and beats, and it was hosted by dave chappelle as rick james.

RingMan

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • BWS Czech Capo
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2008, 12:48:02 PM »
Eardrum, no doubt about that, from the other albums, listen to Get By, Beautiful Struggle, Where Do We Go...he got lot of Hi-Tek beats on his albums

Rap is not real, I don't care what they told you,
Fake people say fake things in their vocalbooth
- Soul Position - Mic Control

I make it hard to read me, graffiti flow - Rakim - Word On The Streets

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2008, 02:13:30 PM »
Eardrum, no doubt about that, from the other albums, listen to Get By, Beautiful Struggle, Where Do We Go...he got lot of Hi-Tek beats on his albums

thanks for the info... but it's not enough just to have a few Hi-Tek beats on the album, he needs to have Hi-Tek do a whole album for him again like Reflection Eternal.  That album had a consistent sound and theme throughout, it was classic.
My First Officially Schedule Rap Battle on Stage as an undercard to the undercard match

NotoriousTDA

« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2008, 02:17:59 PM »
talib and kanye is a dope combo aswell.

Ive been addicted to the song, Good to You off his Quality album recently. That track is amazing!

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2008, 03:04:59 PM »
quality is quality, the beautiful struggle album and advance has a Couple ok tracks but eh, nothing compared to the old shit

Invincible

« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2008, 09:21:56 PM »
Hi-Tek has been saying that he wants to do another RE album, and i think that will probably happen, but not in the near future. And Mos Def is up for another Black Star album too I think. They are both waiting on Kweli.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2008, 04:00:25 AM »
Hi-Tek has been saying that he wants to do another RE album, and i think that will probably happen, but not in the near future. And Mos Def is up for another Black Star album too I think. They are both waiting on Kweli.

That's good news.  Don't know how dope it would be now that these cats are out of their prime... but I'd definitely pick it up and give it a chance to make my rotation.

es-jay

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2008, 07:43:33 AM »
i really liked his album Quality. it had a lot of good tracks, one on my favourites being "Talk To You (Lil' Darlin')"