Author Topic: What do Westcoast Websites Lack?  (Read 1774 times)

Old English

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: What do Westcoast Websites Lack?
« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2008, 04:38:13 PM »
they lack the balls to say no to mixtape dj's

they allow loser lowlifes like Smegma to continue to harass artists in their forums and makes people want to push their product else where where idiots like him dont have a voice

Sickaluffa

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • my bitch drives what u drive and she got new tits
« Reply #16 on: December 10, 2008, 04:40:58 PM »
what they lack is normal posters and posts... if you take a look at the threads here, most of them repeat the same questions such as "when is detox coming out?"  "who is going to be on detox"!?!     "whats snoop doggs 2nd best album after doggystyle?" and bullshit threads like that...
Pretty much it seems like the westcoast fans only care about certain rappers like Dre and Snoop

I have seen only { E. B. K.} 4 click clack GANG make any Bay Area related posts.... I mean e40 and san quinn's new albums came out but there is almost no discussion about them

I mean even look at the thread about e40 new video, there are only 3 posts..... let's say Dre released a video.. you think it would only have 3 posts?

Let's face it..... Most westcoast fans only care about Dr Dre, Snoop and only care about G funk old sound which is Dead, also a lot of them are from europe so they dont realize that style is DEAD in the states. Most of the westcoast fans are stuck in the past and don't want westcoast rap to evolve.

That's my opinion, take it with grain of salt

+1 there is a few others . u know u who are +1 to thos

Crockett

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Smile Boys Were About To Retire
« Reply #17 on: December 10, 2008, 04:45:58 PM »
what they lack is normal posters and posts... if you take a look at the threads here, most of them repeat the same questions such as "when is detox coming out?"  "who is going to be on detox"!?!     "whats snoop doggs 2nd best album after doggystyle?" and bullshit threads like that...
Pretty much it seems like the westcoast fans only care about certain rappers like Dre and Snoop

I have seen only { E. B. K.} 4 click clack GANG make any Bay Area related posts.... I mean e40 and san quinn's new albums came out but there is almost no discussion about them

I mean even look at the thread about e40 new video, there are only 3 posts..... let's say Dre released a video.. you think it would only have 3 posts?

Let's face it..... Most westcoast fans only care about Dr Dre, Snoop and only care about G funk old sound which is Dead, also a lot of them are from europe so they dont realize that style is DEAD in the states. Most of the westcoast fans are stuck in the past and don't want westcoast rap to evolve.

im always talking about spice eiht. scc lv and shit.. but then i only get like 3 responses.. every one else wanna talk about 50 and lil gayne.. thats what WC sites lack. fucking people who actually listen to WC

+1 to EBK for real talk tho that dude always on the wc tip
peace

~Lucien~

« Reply #18 on: December 10, 2008, 05:28:00 PM »
What they lack is quality music.

Webby05

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #19 on: December 10, 2008, 05:34:54 PM »

thats what WC sites lack. fucking people who actually listen to WC

+1 to EBK for real talk tho that dude always on the wc tip
peace

acgrundy

« Reply #20 on: December 10, 2008, 10:05:44 PM »
well I think they try to focus on too much, rather than spend more energy towards a smaller focused group.  I mean I remember back in the day when I checked out sites, and there wasn't updates everyday...and updates were not so huge...and the amount of songs for download was a small amount.  Now I go to dubcnn and everyday its updated with just a ton of information, a shitload of new artists each month, and a shitload of songs to download.  I don't know about you guys, but I don't have the time to check out all that, so I say fuck it, and only check out artist who I have liked for many years.  My time is valuable, and I don't have the time to waste listening, or checking out an artist who is wack, or subpar.

Now, I really am not trying to attack anyone on dubcnn personally, but imo when every artist update is talked about as being a hot up and comer w/ major skills...well, to put it bluntly, the site just lost some credibility for me, because imo, most shit that comes out these days is wack, and not worth listening to.  I think if the people were a bit more harsh on the screening of the artists that they are promoting, and had less on there, I think then fans would be able to focus their attention and time on those artists.  Just my opinion, not right not wrong, just the way I feel.

M.A

• 'G'
« Reply #21 on: December 10, 2008, 10:15:29 PM »
"What do Westcoast Websites Lack?" seriously, there is a huge undergroung hip-hop scene in LA that gets virtually no coverage on most web sites/forums, its always the same ol gangsta shit or established artists.....dilated

Crockett

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Smile Boys Were About To Retire
« Reply #22 on: December 10, 2008, 10:16:57 PM »
well I think they try to focus on too much, rather than spend more energy towards a smaller focused group.  I mean I remember back in the day when I checked out sites, and there wasn't updates everyday...and updates were not so huge...and the amount of songs for download was a small amount.  Now I go to dubcnn and everyday its updated with just a ton of information, a shitload of new artists each month, and a shitload of songs to download.  I don't know about you guys, but I don't have the time to check out all that, so I say fuck it, and only check out artist who I have liked for many years.  My time is valuable, and I don't have the time to waste listening, or checking out an artist who is wack, or subpar.

Now, I really am not trying to attack anyone on dubcnn personally, but imo when every artist update is talked about as being a hot up and comer w/ major skills...well, to put it bluntly, the site just lost some credibility for me, because imo, most shit that comes out these days is wack, and not worth listening to.  I think if the people were a bit more harsh on the screening of the artists that they are promoting, and had less on there, I think then fans would be able to focus their attention and time on those artists.  Just my opinion, not right not wrong, just the way I feel.

damn man...
thats 100% real.. theres just too much to deal with theres like 100 artists each promoting another 100 artists each.. at the end of the day i think fuck it.. slip on a quik or eiht cd i already had 10 years lol

but for real tho... i cant be fucked with all the info imagein if like once a moth some one came out who had skills youd notice them.. but now its like every day its too much info

« Reply #23 on: December 11, 2008, 10:24:40 AM »
Stop posting music from these worn out artists (Crooked I...) and look for new artists that are underground but crazy.

penenstamp

« Reply #24 on: December 11, 2008, 10:32:50 AM »
Stop posting music from these worn out artists (Crooked I...) and look for new artists that are underground but crazy.

Crooked I brings heat... and new artists do get featured, but a lot of times they don't bring heat.

G. Malone is good, but isn't featured much, which pays off because that makes you appreciate new material more. I don't consider him new though.
Jay Rock is good, but has only one outstanding song (I've most of his songs featured on Dubcnn.com, so I can judge him properly).

but like i said: as far as dubcnn goes, it's good that Eddie left because he posted a lot of crap although I don't believe he listens to it.

pootypooty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #25 on: December 11, 2008, 10:45:36 AM »
^^ While I dig Crooked I's music, he's definitely overexposing himself with them freestyle drops. If he'd cut back on dropping freestyles and actually focus on creating actual songs with original production and dropping them every so often, then that'd be a better look for him.

Yes, we know Crook, you can freestyle your ass off, but it's starting to bore me.

For me it ain't about what the West lacks in a website. It's about dropping actual albums. These so-called "New West" dudes need to start dropping their albums. No more mixtapes. Take a chance and expect very little, because nobody is selling like they used to. Just focus on appealing to what little fan bases you have while they still care.

Fuck a website. Fuck a mixtape. Gimme an album.

doubletrouble™

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • .. ChErch! ..
« Reply #26 on: December 11, 2008, 11:05:21 AM »
what i think is lacking from westcoast websites is the knowledge of all west coast music. some websites only post what they know and don't explore all areas on the west. a good westcoast site will cover all the regions of music that is offered . places that are not covered alot  sacramento san dieago  orgean Washington and I'm sure there is more.

El the Self Image

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • It's 10:30 somewhere!
« Reply #27 on: December 11, 2008, 11:29:26 AM »
what i think is lacking from westcoast websites is the knowledge of all west coast music. some websites only post what they know and don't explore all areas on the west. a good westcoast site will cover all the regions of music that is offered . places that are not covered alot  sacramento san dieago  orgean Washington and I'm sure there is more.

Chuuuuch!!!!!!

I think Westcoast Websites are missing the west coast.... not enough advertisement, not enough participation, and not enough west-coast...... look at Dub CNN.... half the shit talked about ain't necessarily Westcoast, and even the stuff that is, is simple shit, only the artist that talk about Dubb CC or glorify some bullshit street life that they ain't even tryin to live..... Let's keep it real, there's a lot of variety on the West coast and the vast majority of it is untouched by web-based journalism...... More importantly most west-coast websites are ran by people who could give a fuck less about the west coast.....
Peace and Blessings,
-Él the Self Image
Parkin Lot Drunks!
eltheself@gmail.com
http://www.myspace.com/eltheself
http://www.myspace.com/imapld

FREE MIXTAPE, OUT NOW, GET IT!

kuruptDPG

« Reply #28 on: December 11, 2008, 12:50:51 PM »
this aint really a big massive problem but i would like to see interviews done about the past on artists, for awhile now we havent heard a interview from most if not all rappers talking about ther past, most common with deathrow artists. i mean can u imagine years later we found out that kurupt done a trak with biggie, daz has, thats wat he says but hes not goin to put it out, to me lol i think thats a lie he nevr did collab with biggie. think it should be touched on.

Tape_1

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #29 on: December 11, 2008, 01:51:51 PM »

co mutha fucka sign to  the fullest ............... not tryin to dis but that thread i just saw right now, bout "who you do miss on all eyes on me?"........... even though this was a great album ............. the shit is fucking 12 years old ........... let's move on ..........