Author Topic: What do Westcoast Websites Lack?  (Read 1776 times)

El the Self Image

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • It's 10:30 somewhere!
Re: What do Westcoast Websites Lack?
« Reply #30 on: December 11, 2008, 02:17:25 PM »
what they lack is normal posters and posts... if you take a look at the threads here, most of them repeat the same questions such as "when is detox coming out?"  "who is going to be on detox"!?!     "whats snoop doggs 2nd best album after doggystyle?" and bullshit threads like that...
Pretty much it seems like the westcoast fans only care about certain rappers like Dre and Snoop

I have seen only { E. B. K.} 4 click clack GANG make any Bay Area related posts.... I mean e40 and san quinn's new albums came out but there is almost no discussion about them

I mean even look at the thread about e40 new video, there are only 3 posts..... let's say Dre released a video.. you think it would only have 3 posts?

Let's face it..... Most westcoast fans only care about Dr Dre, Snoop and only care about G funk old sound which is Dead, also a lot of them are from europe so they dont realize that style is DEAD in the states. Most of the westcoast fans are stuck in the past and don't want westcoast rap to evolve.

That's my opinion, take it with grain of salt

co mutha fucka sign to  the fullest ............... not tryin to dis but that thread i just saw right now, bout "who you do miss on all eyes on me?"........... even though this was a great album ............. the shit is fucking 12 years old ........... let's move on ..........

I'd like to sign that petition also.... twice....
Peace and Blessings,
-Él the Self Image
Parkin Lot Drunks!
eltheself@gmail.com
http://www.myspace.com/eltheself
http://www.myspace.com/imapld

FREE MIXTAPE, OUT NOW, GET IT!

SO PRUP

« Reply #31 on: December 11, 2008, 03:59:59 PM »
i feel what you guys are saying as far as showing love to new people cuz its pretty obvious a lot of sites wont show a new cat love but will jump all over a snoopdogg feature even though we've all known about him for almost 15+ years.  but at the same time when a site does post something about a new cat it is usually overshadowed.  Is it the way the website is pushing the guy?  should they take that extra step besides just posting a news article?

i love the idea of other parts of the west getting love!  Me myself have been trying to get a movement going from cali 2 colorado and everything in between (including hawaii and alsaska)  but I've had a lot of trouble.  i look at the south and see people rapping with cats from georgia and there from texas, or a guy rapping from kentucky with a guy from mississippi.  thats real unity, i figure it would take some rappers to push the movement but if all westcoast sites pushed that as the norm it could be real big.  take the coast off the west and push something that can help the west.

even though rappers aren't doing there jobs when it comes to putting out albums, these westcoast sites arent doing what theyre supposed to be doing either.  because obviously the west still isnt cracking so is it maybe time to try something new?  Cuz what everyone is doing now, rappers, producers, managers, sites, etc isn't working.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2008, 04:06:04 PM by TUSLIC™ SOPRUPRADIO.COM (323) 217-8492 »

Tape_1

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #32 on: December 11, 2008, 05:12:09 PM »
i feel what you guys are saying as far as showing love to new people cuz its pretty obvious a lot of sites wont show a new cat love but will jump all over a snoopdogg feature even though we've all known about him for almost 15+ years.  but at the same time when a site does post something about a new cat it is usually overshadowed.  Is it the way the website is pushing the guy?  should they take that extra step besides just posting a news article?

i love the idea of other parts of the west getting love!  Me myself have been trying to get a movement going from cali 2 colorado and everything in between (including hawaii and alsaska)  but I've had a lot of trouble.  i look at the south and see people rapping with cats from georgia and there from texas, or a guy rapping from kentucky with a guy from mississippi.  thats real unity, i figure it would take some rappers to push the movement but if all westcoast sites pushed that as the norm it could be real big.  take the coast off the west and push something that can help the west.

even though rappers aren't doing there jobs when it comes to putting out albums, these westcoast sites arent doing what theyre supposed to be doing either.  because obviously the west still isnt cracking so is it maybe time to try something new?  Cuz what everyone is doing now, rappers, producers, managers, sites, etc isn't working.
co sign this as well......... also i hate to say it as well casue i really do like that gangsta shit but nigga need to dig deeper than just that .......... i also hate to quote that fuckin cop Rick Ross but it got to be deeper that rap as well ........... and you made a excellent point about niggaz not link up with other acts in other states ......... maybe it's becasue some cali artist may feel that a nigga in AZ(yeah niggaz southern AZ ....) ain't really westcoast or what ever......... that gotta to stop ......... but i think that you are right about niggaz from other states ( espeically in southern AZ......) just being lazy......... i got some niggaz that i think have a gain of talent but would sit at home and make cd and pass or sell them here but won't try to take there product some where else .........  but on a side note .............. keepin doin what you are doin tuslic......... haven't had a chance to listen to your show but i goin to get around to when i get a new computer( i'm at work and my computer is broke at home.......... it a recession nigga)......... butr i can respect the hustle and the drive

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I Made Jesus Walks/So I Ain't Never Going To Hell
« Reply #33 on: December 11, 2008, 10:45:12 PM »
Really other then here and WCRydaz there are not alot of west coast websites. Back in the day you had a ton of wc sites but at the end of the day as fucked up as this sounds, it again is subjective. I think Dubcnn has done a damn good job of promoting the new, the vets and everything inbetween. Whether fans sleep on it or not is subjective.

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I Made Jesus Walks/So I Ain't Never Going To Hell
« Reply #34 on: December 11, 2008, 10:48:11 PM »
And big ups to all the other sites pushing that line.

SO PRUP

« Reply #35 on: December 11, 2008, 11:19:48 PM »
dubcnn do there thing no doubt but at the same time nobody out west is doing it big so its something these sites, along with these rappers and etc aren't doing right....

Jynxx

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Hip Hop Producer/Artist
« Reply #36 on: December 12, 2008, 01:56:21 AM »
dubcnn do there thing no doubt but at the same time nobody out west is doing it big so its something these sites, along with these rappers and etc aren't doing right....
i think one of the problems is that this westcoast artists promote more mixtapes than actual albums...they be droppin mixtapes all the times...to me mixtapes r just for lazy rappers who don't feel like taking the time to fuck with producers... cats need to drop e.p's and l.p's enstead of mixtapes...and i feel u about the region shit cuz the I.E. Hardly gets love...and trust me..we got alot more talented artists here compared to other areas...another thing that i noticed..alot of westcoasts websites only support upcoming artist that some how have a link with snoop and dre....

SO PRUP

« Reply #37 on: December 12, 2008, 10:50:32 AM »
i think one of the problems is that this westcoast artists promote more mixtapes than actual albums...they be droppin mixtapes all the times...to me mixtapes r just for lazy rappers who don't feel like taking the time to fuck with producers... cats need to drop e.p's and l.p's enstead of mixtapes...and i feel u about the region shit cuz the I.E. Hardly gets love...and trust me..we got alot more talented artists here compared to other areas...another thing that i noticed..alot of westcoasts websites only support upcoming artist that some how have a link with snoop and dre....

Yea we gotta change the entire mindset of the west for these sites, these rappers and gotta get the fans realizing that we're on this new movement.  I luv the I.E movement, I been bumpin that album you did with Yasin since you sent it to me, I even pulled out that old S.O.P album and have been bumping that.  Its funny cuz when people bring up the region shit everyone with it but nobody wants to get started with it.  Cant never get exclusives, I've got so many tracks then the next day I see there on some other project or some other website.  Cats gotta stop being lazy with this mixtape shit, I feel ya on that.

If anyone serious about trying something new as far as this westcoast shit and maybe getting this Western Regional shit cracking get at me!   The info in my sig!

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
« Reply #38 on: December 12, 2008, 01:50:13 PM »
lack of coverage of artists except the key players.
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

soopadoopaflykid

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Iguess
« Reply #39 on: December 12, 2008, 01:52:08 PM »

Yea we gotta change the entire mindset of the west for these sites, these rappers and gotta get the fans realizing that we're on this new movement.  I luv the I.E movement, I been bumpin that album you did with Yasin since you sent it to me, I even pulled out that old S.O.P album and have been bumping that.  Its funny cuz when people bring up the region shit everyone with it but nobody wants to get started with it.  Cant never get exclusives, I've got so many tracks then the next day I see there on some other project or some other website.  Cats gotta stop being lazy with this mixtape shit, I feel ya on that.

If anyone serious about trying something new as far as this westcoast shit and maybe getting this Western Regional shit cracking get at me!   The info in my sig!

preach!

DPGC23

« Reply #40 on: December 12, 2008, 02:18:42 PM »
WESCOASTRYDAZ STILL EXISTS???
NOSHIT,

YEA DUBCNN KEEPS ON DOIN IT AND LES GIV IT UP4 CHRONIC VACATION ,
DOPE SHIT

DPGC23
WWW.927KKUU.COM
WWW.MYSPACE.COM/BASEMENT24
WWW.BASEMENTRADIO.FM
10P TO 1A PACIFIC SAT NITES

WWW.BASEMENT24.PROBOARDS.COM
BASEBALL FAR AWAY WHISTLEEEEEEEE

Jynxx

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Hip Hop Producer/Artist
« Reply #41 on: December 12, 2008, 02:45:50 PM »

haha...thats whats up...too bad most of this cats slept on S.O.P and all the other projects i've dropped...but its all good...as soonest i get snoop on a track...they gonn feel me..lol...

DPGC23

« Reply #42 on: December 12, 2008, 09:09:31 PM »
WAT UP JYNX
TELL YASIN ISAID WASUP!!!!^^^^

DPGC23
WWW.927KKUU.COM
WWW.MYSPACE.COM/BASEMENT24
WWW.BASEMENTRADIO.FM
10P TO 1A PACIFIC SAT NITES

WWW.BASEMENT24.PROBOARDS.COM
BASEBALL FAR AWAY WHISTLEEEEEEEE

djrazeone

• 'G'
« Reply #43 on: December 12, 2008, 09:31:24 PM »

yeah i agree with u on those mixtapes thats rappers use nothing but industry beats but now alotta people using the mixtapes as street albums with all original product....i think thats a better route to go and the artist can still benefit from it and press them up....and on the i.e. tip get at me jynxx imma put together an i.e. tape and showcase all the different talent we have out here...

djrazeone

• 'G'
« Reply #44 on: December 12, 2008, 09:34:07 PM »
WESCOASTRYDAZ STILL EXISTS???
NOSHIT,

YEA DUBCNN KEEPS ON DOIN IT AND LES GIV IT UP4 CHRONIC VACATION ,
DOPE SHIT

DPGC23
yeah man shout out to eddie & chronicvaction.com and soprupradio.com.....both sites definitely doing they thing....