Author Topic: What do Westcoast Websites Lack?  (Read 1764 times)

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I Made Jesus Walks/So I Ain't Never Going To Hell
Re: What do Westcoast Websites Lack?
« Reply #45 on: December 13, 2008, 10:56:14 AM »
All a site can do at the end of the day is push and promote the project. If the fans don't respond to it, they just don't respond to it.

SO PRUP

« Reply #46 on: December 13, 2008, 01:44:23 PM »
its more to it then that mang

Turf Hitta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #47 on: December 13, 2008, 04:33:30 PM »
I've been sitting here trying to figure out what westcoast websites lack, not taking away from anyone cuz sites like dubcnn do there thing.  But what is it that these sites are doing wrong, because nobody out west is really blowing up like they need to.  Is it the fact that there only really pushing to the west and not expanding to other regions?  I don't no, I'll post my thoughts in a second.

The main thing they lack (like every other rap/hip hop website) is good music to talk about that isn't 10+ years old.

« Reply #48 on: December 14, 2008, 04:49:08 AM »
Do like a Worldstarhiphop/Youtube thing where WC videos can be posted up only by artists and promoters.

BIG FASES

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #49 on: December 14, 2008, 10:33:35 AM »
lol homie marketing the fuck out of cubanlust, lol..I know that bird
she'll holla for a dollar.

but back on subject, west coast websites lack that hot shit.  really, fuck Snoop Dog and these old OG niggahs, we need to lift up our current West Coast movements, and the current artist reppin' hard, and the current unheard of artist, the west coast websites should make it their job to get hot unheard of artist exposurer!  West Coast Websites should be bringing us the news, and the new music from the streets! and keep it 100 with their west coast community!

SO PRUP

« Reply #50 on: December 14, 2008, 03:22:22 PM »
Lol I kno ol girl in duded sig to, that's funny, small world.

But yea I feel ya on that, its like how much of the ogs do we reaaly need to hear?  Let allhiphops and the bigger sites cover them.  They're never saying anything knew, its time for the young hungry people to shine.

Original Baby Gangsta

« Reply #51 on: December 14, 2008, 07:24:21 PM »
AND LET THE PEOPLE POST FREELY WITHOUT BEING HATED ON..MEANING THEY SHOULD BE BIAS.....

mr spade

• Lil Geezy
  • sick side soldier
« Reply #52 on: December 14, 2008, 09:15:03 PM »
im tired of seeing shit about 2pac and all these old rappers especially the washed up ones,or the mediocre new ones.i want to hear about quality artists!cause i wont spend my hard earn money on garbage releases.i dont give a damn about detox,or crooked i,cause of right now the only west coast hip hop that im listening to or checking out is
;strong arm steady,sick symphonies[psycho realm ,street platoon],self scientific,dialated peoples,murs,ice cube,wc,legion of slugs[produced by big duke of psycho realm],
planet asia,anything soul assassins affiliated,taje and anything quality out there.im pretty open minded when it comes to music so i give everthing a second listen,ive deleted shitloads of these free mixtapes on the internet cause there garbage,not hating but im a music collector ,cd,vinyl,etc.i want to hear quality west coast hip hop.
javascript:

El the Self Image

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • It's 10:30 somewhere!
« Reply #53 on: December 16, 2008, 09:05:30 AM »
Mr. Spade,
Crooked I lyrically would eat half the people on your somewhat-limited listed of West Coast favorites.....

If you ran a westcoast website, it would be just as one demensional as any of these other sites, but it would talk all about the small list of westcoast artists that you actually like...... that, my friend, is one of the main problems with the West Coast internet presence now....

The idea of this thread is to find the missing link to making a "United" west-coast representation on the web.... Not just the few people that you deem "quality artists".....

And with such a small list, that doesn't include some of the great thinkers in West Coast Hip-Hop... people such as Zion I (though I did catch your Planet Asia shout out), Free Speech, Raas Kaas and Wing, you seem to have an extremely narrow picking of Hip-Hop and an extremely restricted view of what "quality music" is.......

no hate, just truth, take it how you wanna, hopefully growth will result....
Peace and Blessings,
-Él the Self Image
Parkin Lot Drunks!
eltheself@gmail.com
http://www.myspace.com/eltheself
http://www.myspace.com/imapld

FREE MIXTAPE, OUT NOW, GET IT!

mr spade

• Lil Geezy
  • sick side soldier
« Reply #54 on: December 26, 2008, 08:58:48 AM »
there are alot of others i didnt linclude in my list caause i could have listed a bunch of artists,unity is lacking out west most definatley there are alot of young dudes out there making music and they have talent but they arent doing anything to stand out from the rest of the crowd, im always open to check out new music.so if you got some links to artist myspace pages that are dope post em up,a web site that truly represents all the diffrent styles that are west coast[la,the bay,sd,ie,and all styles in between cause not all west coast rap music is about gang bangn etc].
javascript:

Zeus

• 'G'
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #55 on: December 26, 2008, 04:19:56 PM »
looking for a dope west coast site, just go to the basements boards

brand new, sign up

first 100 new members get a phone call from west coast angel himself

http://WWW.BASEMENT24.PROBOARDS.COM/

Best west coast board on the net, sign up

http://WWW.BASEMENT24.PROBOARDS.COM/

DPGC23

« Reply #56 on: December 26, 2008, 04:27:13 PM »
HAHA WTF
EY WAS RONG WIT JEW ZEUS???

FUKIT, I'M READY2 DIAL

YO SPADE, LEGION OF SLUGS?? GIV ME SOME MORE INFO

DPGC23
WWW.927KKUU.COM
WWW.MYSPACE.COM/BASEMENT24
WWW.BASEMENTRADIO.FM
10P TO 1A PACIFIC SAT NITES

WWW.BASEMENT24.PROBOARDS.COM
BASEBALL FAR AWAY WHISTLEEEEEEEE

mr spade

• Lil Geezy
  • sick side soldier
« Reply #57 on: December 27, 2008, 04:20:21 PM »

here are some links, their first ep is produced by sick side street music,big duke from psycho realm's production company i heard there working on a full album not sure of release date.

http://www.myspace.com/legionofslugs
http://www.myspace.com/sicksidestreetmusic
javascript: