Author Topic: Rolling Stone's Top 50 Albums of 2008  (Read 1037 times)

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
Re: Rolling Stone's Top 50 Albums of 2008
« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2008, 05:51:49 PM »
lol @ number 3, 12, 33, I'm not sure about other albums, but these 3 are just obivous that they are not best of 08

Yeah you sure? There's a few million other people that would disagree with you.

What's "best" isn't a popularity contest. The majority of people who buy music are morons. The majority of people in general are morons. Almost every album on that list sucks, and it doesn't matter what a bunch of uneducated morons think. I'm pretty sure the Dixie Chicks/Lil Wayne and shit like that isn't very good.

So go make you're list of greatest albums this year, last ten years, ever, whatever, and post it on a Garage Rock Forum. Then when they laugh at you and post their lists take the top 10 albums that appear the most and post them as a top 10 on a Metal forum. Get laughed at again and take their top 10 to a Punk forum. Then take the top 10 that appear the most in each of the three forums and take that list to a Classic Rock forum and post it. There really is no point getting all worked up over someone else's opinion. Trust me, the staff of Rolling Stone magazine know just as much about music as you or I do. Going around thinking your opinion is more valid than other music lovers' is wrong. I know what I'm talking about. I spent a large portion of my listening career thinking that way.

The King

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #16 on: December 10, 2008, 06:20:39 PM »
^ I hear what both you dudes are saying, I'm a rap fan, no wonder I don't know 90% of that list. The point I'm trying to make is, look at all the rap/hiphop albums on their. I mean Lil Wayne the 3rd best album of the year? No one thinks that. Maybe it's the 3rd best rap album, maybe. But the 3rd best album in all of music in 2008, Rollingstone thinks, it's Lil Wayne. Give me a break. Rollingstone is no more educated then MTV or any of those other crap music sources that basically tell people what to buy. I ain't debating the fact all those albums are rock or metal albums, I'm just saying the rap albums they stuck on their aren't close to the top of 2008. Sure that's my opinion, but I bet most people on here would agree. I'm also a huge electronic fan, but you'll never see MSTRKRFT or Justice or even MIA on their. It's just a list of bullshit music Americans like.  Nearly every band on their, American. It's propaganda. The American music industry sucks.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2008, 06:24:50 PM by The King »

Jaydc555

« Reply #17 on: December 10, 2008, 06:28:05 PM »
When it comes to hip hop they obviously only skim the mainstream they don't know fuck all they just know what's popular.I bet half the people that voted on that list haven't even listened to tha Carter 3

Blood$

« Reply #18 on: December 10, 2008, 06:46:26 PM »
well it's Rollingstone, enough said

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #19 on: December 10, 2008, 07:26:33 PM »
^ I hear what both you dudes are saying, I'm a rap fan, no wonder I don't know 90% of that list. The point I'm trying to make is, look at all the rap/hiphop albums on their. I mean Lil Wayne the 3rd best album of the year? No one thinks that. Maybe it's the 3rd best rap album, maybe. But the 3rd best album in all of music in 2008, Rollingstone thinks, it's Lil Wayne. Give me a break. Rollingstone is no more educated then MTV or any of those other crap music sources that basically tell people what to buy. I ain't debating the fact all those albums are rock or metal albums, I'm just saying the rap albums they stuck on their aren't close to the top of 2008. Sure that's my opinion, but I bet most people on here would agree. I'm also a huge electronic fan, but you'll never see MSTRKRFT or Justice or even MIA on their. It's just a list of bullshit music Americans like.  Nearly every band on their, American. It's propaganda. The American music industry sucks.

MIA was number 1 last year, they were giving props to Paper Planes before the rest of the world jumped on the bandwagon.  You gotta give props for having TV on the Radio as their album of the year, it's not a mainstream album at all.

Jaydc555

« Reply #20 on: December 10, 2008, 07:41:50 PM »
Mia was visible before paper planes blew she was touring with Gwen stefani and timbo talked about working with her so its not like they digged around for her

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #21 on: December 10, 2008, 07:45:52 PM »
She still wasn't mainstream in 2005 where they put her 11 on their list and gave the album 4/5 stars.  Anyways, the point is to show that they do give her props.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2008, 07:48:20 PM by Mr. Javii »

AnybodyKilla

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #23 on: December 10, 2008, 07:59:31 PM »

We're not debating whether I agree with the list. Shit I haven't even listened to 50 albums from 2008. Forget about a top 50. And yeah I disagree with their list. I guarantee I'd strongly disagree with your list, since I absolutely loath electronic music. The point I was making with the rock and metal stuff was that each genre has different fans that for the most don't get what's so great about the other genres. A classic album like Illmatic could very well be dismissed as garbage on a metal or punk forum, while a classic album like Ace of Spades could be heralded on both of those forums but be called garbage by a lot of people on this forum.

hellrazor86

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • There Can Only Be One Don
« Reply #24 on: December 10, 2008, 11:59:53 PM »
No John Legend On the list ???

Retro

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #25 on: December 11, 2008, 11:50:53 AM »
28 The Knux - Remind Me in Three Days...

good hip hop album.

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #26 on: December 11, 2008, 02:40:40 PM »
rolling stone has a weird connection with hip hop music, i think they feel they would be looked at as biased if they didnt review, and throw their albums on their lists, so they skim the popular albums coming out and involve them into the mix

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #27 on: December 11, 2008, 04:54:32 PM »
28 The Knux - Remind Me in Three Days...

good hip hop album.

Thanks for pointing that out. Because of your post I downloaded the album and I'm liking what I hear so far. I'll probably even go out and buy it. +1

rolling stone has a weird connection with hip hop music, i think they feel they would be looked at as biased if they didnt review, and throw their albums on their lists, so they skim the popular albums coming out and involve them into the mix

I'm sure a large magazine like Rollingstone has at least a handful of writers that prefer hip hop over other music and actually do have good taste in rap. I'll bet if XXL did a best of 2008 rap albums there'd be a whole bunch of people on here calling it a shitty list.

Jaydc555

« Reply #28 on: December 11, 2008, 05:42:14 PM »
Yeah I bought the knux album day it dropped its good shit life in a cage is a dope track

OchoCinco

« Reply #29 on: December 11, 2008, 06:03:33 PM »
They dont listen to the music they draw it outta a hat.