Author Topic: Willy Northpole Interview  (Read 95 times)

Lunatic

Willy Northpole Interview
« on: December 11, 2008, 01:30:10 PM »
Not my work
http://illuminati2g.webs.com/willynorthpoleinterview.htm

Illuminati 2G chopped game with one of the best up and coming rappers on the west coast, Phoenix, Arizona's own Willy Northpole for a interview. We discuss his debut album dropping next year, his thoughts on hip hop, Phoenix's music scene and much more so check it out.

Illuminati 2G is here with Willy Northpole how's it going?

I'm good man, I am breathing, I'm living and eating good what else ya know.

No doubt. Tell me a little bit about how you got your start in hip hop and some of your musical influences.

Influences were Ice Cube, Jay, Pac, Kanye, Quik, Dre, etc. I was imitating NWA when I was younger. Been in talent shows at a young age. Music is apart me man a nigga been doin this.

50 Cent was also trying to sign you to G-Unit and you speak on that on the song True Story on the Deep Freeze mixtape. Do you still keep in contact with Hot Rod and 50 Cent?

As far him trying he wasn't trying I was trying to get signed. I stayed in Conneticut for a short period in his house with Rod. Shit didnt go as planned everyone in the house wanted to rap and it was blood in blood out. The true story song was 100 percent true. I have no animosity towards any of them Queens niggas they knew Fif before me so it's family they got. We were up next and I feel like I did not get a fair shot cuz niggas told Fif I was selling drugs out his house and shit went sour. How the fuck would I look doing that out of a mega stars home. Nigga please. Someone over heard a phone convo and used it against me had nothing to do with drugs. Crazy world but I don't keep in contact with 50 or Rod. 50 cool though man just part of God's plan to explode with DTP.

That is a good way to look at things and thanks for clearing that whole situation up. Is there any details you can give about you debut album on DTP?

Yes my album Tha Connect is scheduled 09 early April. Alot of work to do, but it's complete.

What do you think is the biggest misconception if any people have about the music scene in Phoenix, Arizona?

I would have to say Arizona as a state is overlooked and niggas dont see it until they visit. It's real I mean as of today I've been to 20 plus funerals of niggas I grew up with and people think it's desert and lame. Sleep if you want to don't forget we the original gunslingas. So as MCs in Phoenix we have to go hard on anything and it's tough but it's a good thing. I have a lot of responsibilty.

Who are some other MC's either in Phoenix or other places that you think people should be on the lookout for. Could be in your camp or anywhere.

Alot of niggas in Phoenix doing they thang. Talent is everywhere don't wanna really give too many names if I can't say every one. Raymond Redd, Lou Cypher, Big Chipman, Cinque alot of niggas.

Tell me about your mixtape that you just dropped Deep Freeze.

The green mixtape is amazing. The content the story telling is great man a nigga worked hard and it was an honor to work with Green.

Most definitely, the new mixtape is knocking. What are your thoughts on hip hop right now on the west coast?

I miss hip hop man I was watching the old Source Awards today and saw Biggie and Pac it hit me man like shit it will never be the same. I thank God for the Kanyes, Ludas, TI's, Jay-Z's, etc and all the MCs from Jada to Fab, Game's etc for having that golden ear. We need Detox we need Emimen and 50. We still have enough juice with Bun B's and Andre 3000 to bring it back niggas just have to do it. As far as the westcoast I feel like we have a shot once again with all the up and comings. Southwest westcoast all the same. I'm gonna do what I can to embarrass anyone I'm on a song with to get the west back. I love this profession man it's just in a state of depression. This art form is dissolving and I don't think its gonna self destruct I just think its not fun to these niggas anymore. We missing the fun. Don't blame it on the new generation blame it on us for not taking that shit back.

Man that is some real talk with what you just said. Do you have any upcoming shows or tour dates you want to let the people know about?

I'm bout to hit the road with Luda for his run. Also, my promo tour in damn near every city. And can't forget about All-Star Weekend with my labelmates. Alot of shit.

Appreciate the time. Any last words or shoutouts?

Shout out to Illuminati 2G and DTP/Def Jam. Arizona stand the fuck up.
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

Blood$

Re: Willy Northpole Interview
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2008, 01:54:06 PM »
good read, props

I'm checkin' for this dude's music, he's dope

westsiderider323

« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2008, 04:00:22 PM »
cant wait til Tha Connect drops  8)

SmokinDro520

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • PillZ..HoeZ N DRO is all a G KnowZ
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2008, 04:11:45 PM »
I hope the album actually drops.I wanna c somebody get some shine from my state :bandit:
PoP PoP THIZZ!!

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2008, 04:16:47 PM »
Willy is pretty dope. 8)

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I Made Jesus Walks/So I Ain't Never Going To Hell
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2008, 10:25:43 PM »
I hope the album actually drops.I wanna c somebody get some shine from my state :bandit:

Where you at in AZ? I am from Vegas but I am going to be out there this weekend.