Author Topic: Favorite Down South Hip Hop Albums Of All Times list ......  (Read 649 times)

midwestryder

Re: Favorite Down South Hip Hop Albums Of All Times list ......
« Reply #30 on: December 16, 2008, 12:23:24 PM »
Detroit rapper Esham is the originator of horrorcore rap. You should check Boomin' Words from Hell tape (released 1989).

8ball & mjg are bigger cult figures in memphis  then three 6 mafia .
DJ Paul and Juicy were significant factors in Memphis scene before 8Ball & MJG. Paul and Juicy are the ones that got 8 and MJG signed to Suave after Mr. Bigg appeared on DJ Paul's & Juicy's Vol 1 The Beginning tape.

Any way here are a few of my favorites. Not in particular order.

6 Mafia - Mysitc Stylez
8Ball & MJG - On Top Of The World
Scarface - Scarface Is Back
Geto Boys - We Cannot Be Stopped
Murder Inc - Playing 4 keeps
Z-ro - Look What You Did To Me
Big Mello - Bone Hard Niggaz
South Circle - Anotha Day Anotha Balla
Gansta NIP - The South Park Psycho
UGK - Ridin Dirty

thats true bout esham, my mistake

and lol at midwestryder with the 8ball and mjg thing, and its not a fact that they are better albums, its called opinion
yes it is fact . because every album released 1996 & before is better the any albums released 1997 & after & that is hip hop fact not opinion . all of three 6 mafias albums were released in 1997 & after & that means they none of there albums are better then any downsouth rapper who released album 1996 & before . everything went wack in 1997

midwestryder

« Reply #31 on: December 16, 2008, 12:26:02 PM »
Detroit rapper Esham is the originator of horrorcore rap. You should check Boomin' Words from Hell tape (released 1989).

DJ Paul and Juicy were significant factors in Memphis scene before 8Ball & MJG. Paul and Juicy are the ones that got 8 and MJG signed to Suave after Mr. Bigg appeared on DJ Paul's & Juicy's Vol 1 The Beginning tape.

6 Mafia - Mysitc Stylez
UGK - Ridin Dirty
well , everybody heard of 8ball & mjg before three 6 maifa . 8ball & mjg were known world wide before three six .DJ Paul and Juicy  does not make it three six mafia . .three 6 mafia was more then just DJ Paul and Juicy .

Paul

« Reply #32 on: December 16, 2008, 12:40:17 PM »

6 Mafia - Mysitc Stylez
UGK - Ridin Dirty

and lol at midwestryder with the 8ball and mjg thing, and its not a fact that they are better albums, its called opinion
yes it is fact . because every album released 1996 & before is better the any albums released 1997 & after & that is hip hop fact not opinion . all of three 6 mafias albums were released in 1997 & after & that means they none of there albums are better then any downsouth rapper who released album 1996 & before . everything went wack in 1997

LOL you are a DUMBass

Smoked Out, Loced Out (1994)
Mystic Stylez (1995)
Chapter 1: The End (1996)
Chapter 2: World Domination (1997)

4 classic south albums

I bet you back then three 6 had way more respect than 8ball & mjg, go do ur history before comin on here waffin bullshit little boy
funkyfreshintheflesh

midwestryder

« Reply #33 on: December 16, 2008, 01:09:24 PM »

6 Mafia - Mysitc Stylez
UGK - Ridin Dirty

LOL you are a DUMBass

Mystic Stylez (1995)

4 classic south albums

I bet you back then three 6 had way more respect than 8ball & mjg, go do ur history before comin on here waffin bullshit little boy
Smoked Out, Loced Out (1994) no one ever heard the album at the time except people in memphis. it was no known worldwide at all.
Mystic Stylez (1995)  no one ever heard the album at the time except people in memphis. it was no known worldwide at all
Chapter 1: The End (1996)  no one ever heard the album at the time except people in memphis. it was no known worldwide at all
Chapter 2: World Domination (1997) this is after 1996 & that means it is wack                8ball & mjg released Comin' Out Hard  in 1993 &  On the Outside Looking In iin 1994  & putting  memphis on the map not three 6 mafia .                 8all & mjgs  Comin' Out Hard  &  Outside Looking In iin are classic downsouth album & are better the any three six mafia album. without these 2 albums no would have ever lookedt memphis or three six mafia . three six mafia first 3 albums did not make impact anywhere except memphis. . 8 ball & mjg's first 2 albums made a impact worldwide . to be a classic album you have to make a impact worldwide not local & that is fact.  know your hip hop rules & get off three six mafia's nuts . i have beeen living & listing to hip hop & rap since 1982 . so i know more about hip hop then you & there are rules in hip hop to waht a classic album is & you don't know them.three six mafia did not change anything in hip hop at all.

Paul

« Reply #34 on: December 16, 2008, 01:25:26 PM »

6 Mafia - Mysitc Stylez
UGK - Ridin Dirty

LOL you are a DUMBass

Mystic Stylez (1995)

4 classic south albums

Smoked Out, Loced Out (1994) no one ever heard the album at the time except people in memphis. it was no known worldwide at all.
Mystic Stylez (1995)  no one ever heard the album at the time except people in memphis. it was no known worldwide at all
Chapter 1: The End (1996)  no one ever heard the album at the time except people in memphis. it was no known worldwide at all
Chapter 2: World Domination (1997) this is after 1996 & that means it is wack                8ball & mjg released Comin' Out Hard  in 1993 &  On the Outside Looking In iin 1994  & putting  memphis on the map not three 6 mafia .                 8all & mjgs  Comin' Out Hard  &  Outside Looking In iin are classic downsouth album & are better the any three six mafia album. without these 2 albums no would have ever lookedt memphis or three six mafia . three six mafia first 3 albums did not make impact anywhere except memphis. . 8 ball & mjg's first 2 albums made a impact worldwide . to be a classic album you have to make a impact worldwide not local & that is fact.  know your hip hop rules & get off three six mafia's nuts . i have beeen living & listing to hip hop & rap since 1982 . so i know more about hip hop then you & there are rules in hip hop to waht a classic album is & you don't know them.three six mafia did not change anything in hip hop at all.

LOL infact LMAO

i dont give a fuck when you started listenin to hip hop, doesnt give u the right to be a retard

Havent changed anything????

Three 6 Mafia (formerly Triple 6 Mafia) is an Academy-Award winning American hip hop group originating from Memphis, Tennessee. Formed in 1991 by DJ Paul, Lord Infamous, and Juicy J, they shortly thereafter recruited fellow Memphian rappers Koopsta Knicca, Gangsta Boo, and Crunchy Black. The group frequently collaborates with Memphis gangsta rapper Project Pat (the brother of Juicy J). Their 2005 song, "It's Hard out Here for a Pimp", won Best Original Song at the 78th Academy Awards

I seriously doubt u have even given mystics styles, da end or world domination a listen cause they are three classic southern hip hop albums, the production is still some of the best beats iv ever heard from the south

World domination went platinum for fuck sake

i have nothing against 8ball & mjg, i never said three 6 albums were definitly better thats just my opinion, like u hav yours

im not sayin anythin back to u after this cause its my guess your 14 years old and youv been touched up by Crunchy Black or something thats why u have a hate for triple 6
funkyfreshintheflesh

GimmeYourShoes

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #35 on: December 16, 2008, 02:24:47 PM »
Chapter 2: World Domination (1997) this is after 1996 & that means it is wack                8ball & mjg released Comin' Out Hard  in 1993 &  On the Outside Looking In iin 1994  & putting  memphis on the map not three 6 mafia .                 8all & mjgs  Comin' Out Hard  &  Outside Looking In iin are classic downsouth album & are better the any three six mafia album. without these 2 albums no would have ever lookedt memphis or three six mafia . three six mafia first 3 albums did not make impact anywhere except memphis. . 8 ball & mjg's first 2 albums made a impact worldwide . to be a classic album you have to make a impact worldwide not local & that is fact.  know your hip hop rules & get off three six mafia's nuts . three six mafia did not change anything in hip hop at all.
Either you are just a fan boy of 8Ball & MJG or hate 6 Mafia for no apparent reason. I don't really care if you like 3-6 or not but you need to quit that bullshit.

i have beeen living & listing to hip hop & rap since 1982 . so i know more about hip hop then you & there are rules in hip hop to waht a classic album is & you don't know them.
Judging by your post I doubt you have even received your pubes yet. Come back in three years when you are a little bit wiser and you have the ability look things objectively. Maybe then we can have this discussion again.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/S_oMD6-6q5Y&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1&amp;color1=0x006699&amp;color2=0x54abd6" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/S_oMD6-6q5Y&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1&amp;color1=0x006699&amp;color2=0x54abd6</a>

westsiderider323

« Reply #36 on: December 16, 2008, 02:48:16 PM »

6 Mafia - Mysitc Stylez
UGK - Ridin Dirty

LOL you are a DUMBass

Mystic Stylez (1995)

4 classic south albums

straight up dumbass
im from cali and i heard all of that old three 6 mafia shit
fuck outta here wit that bullshit talkin like u from memphis or somethin

PsychoToons5150

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #37 on: December 17, 2008, 01:30:42 AM »
Ya'll niggaz is arguing like lil fucking kids over stupid shit thats not even worth bitching about damn. but anyways here's my list

1. Scarface (The Diary)
2.Outkast (Atliens)
3.Geto boys (We can not be stopped)
4.Goodie Mob (Soul Food)
5.Geto Boys (Til death do us part)
6. Three six mafia (Mystic Styles)
7. Eightball & Mjg (On top of the world)
8. C-Murder (Life or death)
9. Scarface (In our time of dying)

Those are the only ones I could think of off the top of my head at the moment.