Author Topic: Eminem Talks New Album (Dre will end up producing the majority of the tracks)  (Read 1130 times)

Rick McCrank

Eminem also responded to producer Swizz Beats' recent comment that he'd submitted a track for the project described as a sequel to the hit single "Stan," telling Billboard, "I haven't worked with Swizz on this album.

"There isn't a 'Stan 2,' and there won't be," he says. "Stan drove his car off a bridge and I'm not writing a song as Stan's ghost. That would just be really corny."

Lol, Swizzy just got owned. Good news though, will be interesting to hear what the album sounds like.

Yeah what the fuck was Swizz talking about then? Dude made himself look like a real loser.

he did that a long time ago  :)

if there was a "Stan 2", I'd probably take this album as a joke

Invincible

Dre is my favorite producer, but strangely enough I don't even like the beats he does for Em.

What, not even Bitch Please 2 or Guilty Conscience?

R1ZE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Do 4 Love
I love Bitch Please 2... and a few others. For the most part though Dre's em-beats have a weird sound to them that I don't like.

AnybodyKilla

We aint going to see this album until AT LEAST summertime, mark my words!!!

Twentytwofifty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
I got douche chills when I heard this version of "Stan 2":

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/MehGfjN3RMk&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/MehGfjN3RMk&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1</a>

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
I love Bitch Please 2... and a few others. For the most part though Dre's em-beats have a weird sound to them that I don't like.

Well I'd assume that's because Dre makes a point for the tracks too not sound like west coast music.

Stone Cold is Bout It, Bout It

• Muthafuckin' Don!
you guys have no idea how much i don't give a fuck about this (and I'm an Eminem/De.Dre fan)

Booz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Ookkonää Oulusta, pelekääkkö nää polliisia?
Eminem has revealed details of his long-awaited new album, "Relapse," in an exclusive interview with Billboard, conducted via email. The set is due next spring from Shady/Interscope.

They mean Aftermath/Interscope. I hate it when they do that, haha.
You mean Shady/Aftermath don't you?  ;)

Jimmy H.

not to mention his wack-ass beats. rappers need to distance themselves from swizz beatz. didn't he do by far the worst song on two consecutive game albums? those tracks were truly terrible...
I disagree. I'm not much of a Swizz Beatz fan but the track he did on Doctor's Advocate was excellent.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
Eminem also responded to producer Swizz Beats' recent comment that he'd submitted a track for the project described as a sequel to the hit single "Stan," telling Billboard, "I haven't worked with Swizz on this album.

"There isn't a 'Stan 2,' and there won't be," he says. "Stan drove his car off a bridge and I'm not writing a song as Stan's ghost. That would just be really corny."

good, no need to do a part 2.

Dre is my favorite producer, but strangely enough I don't even like the beats he does for Em.

I don't know what it is about that guy. "The Way I Am" is dope tho
too bad, i think Dre gave Em a lot of dope stuff; to each his own i guess.

by the way, the way i am is not produced by Dre

I would have preferred Eminem coming back with something completely different, like an album with The Roots or something like that. This gives me the impression he's just trying to make MMLP all over again. If I wanted MMLP I'd put on MMLP. This album has the potential to end up making him look like a rapper past his prime grasping at straws. I guess I'll have to wait and see.

Also, I thought Stan was alive at the end of the video. (not that I want a sequel. It would be stupid like Eminem said, but I could still see him throwing a curveball thinking it would be cool).

all Em talked about is their chemistry; i didn't get the impression at all, that they're trying to recreate the MMLP.
anyway, i just hope that the new album will be better than Encore.

« Last Edit: December 14, 2008, 12:39:10 PM by Dre-Day »

Blood$

Swizz Beatz on an Eminem album just wouldn't be right, glad that wasn't true

looking forward to hearing Relapse, curious to peep how it will sound

thisoneguy360

Good news all around. It'll be good to hear Em with Dre again and I'm also glad to hear that Swizzy won't be working with Eminem. Swizzy is the most generic producer in the game.

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
im not anticipating this at all, ill listen to it when it comes out, but thats about it, im expecting 1-2 really dope songs, some guilty concience, stan shit, a couple bangers, and a lot of fluff bulshit

Rebel

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Every man dies...but not everyman really lives"
Eminem has revealed details of his long-awaited new album, "Relapse," in an exclusive interview with Billboard, conducted via email. The set is due next spring from Shady/Interscope.

They mean Aftermath/Interscope. I hate it when they do that, haha.
You mean Shady/Aftermath don't you?  ;)

Nope. Just Aftermath. Eminem is officially signed to Aftermath/Interscope. He owns Shady records but he is not signed to it. Out of Aftermath, Shady and G-Unit... Dr. Dre is the only artist signed to his own label.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
I would have preferred Eminem coming back with something completely different, like an album with The Roots or something like that. This gives me the impression he's just trying to make MMLP all over again. If I wanted MMLP I'd put on MMLP. This album has the potential to end up making him look like a rapper past his prime grasping at straws. I guess I'll have to wait and see.

Also, I thought Stan was alive at the end of the video. (not that I want a sequel. It would be stupid like Eminem said, but I could still see him throwing a curveball thinking it would be cool).

all Em talked about is their chemistry; i didn't get the impression at all, that they're trying to recreate the MMLP.
anyway, i just hope that the new album will be better than Encore.

I guess I was judging by what he said about the song that leaked. He didn't call it it a throaway. He said it was nowhere near done. To me that means the album will feature polished up songs like that and that strikes me as an album that's attempting to bring him back to his old glory by trying to mimic it.