Author Topic: (VIDEO) Carmelo Records Quarter to Remember  (Read 761 times)

Elano

(VIDEO) Carmelo Records Quarter to Remember
« on: December 13, 2008, 04:26:38 AM »
Carmelo Anthony notched a franchise-record 33 points in the third quarter, finishing with 45 in the Nuggets' win over the Timberwolves.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/NmGfy23hvAI" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/NmGfy23hvAI</a>
« Last Edit: December 15, 2008, 04:45:17 AM by The Krasnoe Dinamo »

tempo2

Re: (VIDEO) Carmelo Records Quarter to Remember
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2008, 06:01:41 AM »
simply put that quarter was sensational, melo has one of the most complete offensive packages in the league. he can score inside, outside, hit the 3, probabley the best small forward on the block and can get too the line as well. great player. His still got a high ceiling as well because he can improve his defence a whole lot.

PLANT

« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2008, 08:25:00 PM »
thats crazy!! but cant believe he was only on fire like that for one quarter.  You woulda figured he woulda scored 60+ if he drained 33 in a quarter!

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2008, 01:49:16 AM »
Melo playing at peak levels=top 5 player

Elano

« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2008, 02:34:40 AM »
carmelo deserves a better team...

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2008, 02:36:24 AM »
^huh? he has some awesome players complimenting him right now...Billups, Nene, JR Smith, etc...Denver's improved a whole lot after the Iverson trade.

Elano

« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2008, 02:39:05 AM »
^huh? he has some awesome players complimenting him right now...Billups, Nene, JR Smith, etc...Denver's improved a whole lot after the Iverson trade.
ok but denver its not a top team imho...

tempo2

« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2008, 03:20:32 AM »
the nuggets are actually looking real good imo, chris anderson has came back better than expected and pretty much provides what they lost in camby, martin is back to full strength and nene is playing well

Elano

« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2008, 03:24:01 AM »
the nuggets are actually looking real good imo, chris anderson has came back better than expected and pretty much provides what they lost in camby, martin is back to full strength and nene is playing well

do you consider them a top team ?

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2008, 03:56:19 AM »
The Nuggets have the players around Melo to make them a top team if only he would show more consistency, more maturity and better defense.. it's up to him really, his supporting cast is good enough.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

tempo2

« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2008, 05:59:16 AM »

do you consider them a top team ?

not a top team in the sense of the celtics, lakers and cavs but there deffinatley looking like they belong in the next tier of teams with the magic, detroit, spurs, rockets, jazz who have the potential to break into that echolon. All im saying is the nuggets probabley are looking like the best theyeve looked in years, well ever since melo got there really.

S P I C E

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • LOOK WHO'S BACK
« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2008, 11:30:32 PM »
LMFAO, Carmello EASILY has enough talent to contend for a title, like 7even said it's all on him, currently the Nuggets have a great looking roster

DIP DIP SET SET

Elano

« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2008, 11:40:28 PM »
LMFAO, Carmello EASILY has enough talent to contend for a title, like 7even said it's all on him, currently the Nuggets have a great looking roster

lmfao ?  ::)

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: December 17, 2008, 03:21:59 AM »
Melo's supporting cast has always been way better than LeBron's... look where the Cavs have been and where they are now, then look at the sorry ass Nuggets during the Iverson-era and look at them now... that quarter he was shooting lights out, but he's nowhere near LeBron's, Kobe's or Duncan's level... nowhere near. It's all on him, the niggas he plays with can play.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #14 on: December 18, 2008, 01:20:15 AM »
Melo's supporting cast has always been way better than LeBron's... look where the Cavs have been and where they are now, then look at the sorry ass Nuggets during the Iverson-era and look at them now... that quarter he was shooting lights out, but he's nowhere near LeBron's, Kobe's or Duncan's level... nowhere near. It's all on him, the niggas he plays with can play.

This is complete bullshit...LeBron has always had defensive anchors around him who got him the ball. Carmelo was always placed around other scorers who couldn't defend. Melo finally has a suitable supporting cast, so we'll see what he does with it. BTW, Nuggets were a 50-win team in the west during the Melo-AI era, better than the Cavs, so I dunno what you're talkin about to begin with. LeBron is closer to Carmelo than he is to Kobe...PeACe