Author Topic: (VIDEO) Carmelo Records Quarter to Remember  (Read 760 times)

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: (VIDEO) Carmelo Records Quarter to Remember
« Reply #15 on: December 18, 2008, 04:55:30 AM »
How can you diss the hell out of the Suns all the time, then turn around and act as an apologist for Iverson's Nuggets? The Nuggets wouldn't have beaten the Cavs in a 7-game-series last year, I really don't think so. The Cavs almost beat Boston, who kicked the Lakers out of the arena, while the Lakers could not even toy with the ridiculously inferior Nuggets, despite them having a former MVP and bonafide All-Star in Iverson, a supposed top-player in Melo, a great weak-side defender in Camby and genuine athelticism in Smith. They still sucked major dick. Melo doesn't have the maturity he's supposed to have, lacks character, doesn't play defense and his 3-point-shot is also very inconsistent. And don't get me to talk about his play-making ability in comparison to LeBron. By the way, LeBron currently has the highest PER EVER. Higher than Wilt, higher than Jordan. Needless to say, much, much, much, much, much, much higher than Melo or even Kobe. And his team is winning. Without any All-Stars. Saying Melo is close to LeBron is an insult to people who think.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

tempo2

« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2008, 04:56:44 AM »
yeah i have to agree, both the nuggets and the cavs have had decent/good supporting cast around them since they entered the league apart from lebrons first and possibley second year in the league. melo got to the playoffs the first year he was in the league. the cavs with there team now reminds me of how the 76ers were with iverson when they got to the finals, a great scorer surrounded by great defenders.

out of curiosity nick, who do you think is the 2nd best player in league behind kobe?

tempo2

« Reply #17 on: December 18, 2008, 05:00:20 AM »
How can you diss the hell out of the Suns all the time, then turn around and act as an apologist for Iverson's Nuggets? The Nuggets wouldn't have beaten the Cavs in a 7-game-series last year, I really don't think so. The Cavs almost beat Boston, who kicked the Lakers out of the arena, while the Lakers could not even toy with the ridiculously inferior Nuggets, despite them having a former MVP and bonafide All-Star in Iverson, a supposed top-player in Melo, a great weak-side defender in Camby and genuine athelticism in Smith. They still sucked major dick. Melo doesn't have the maturity he's supposed to have, lacks character, doesn't play defense and his 3-point-shot is also very inconsistent. And don't get me to talk about his play-making ability in comparison to LeBron. By the way, LeBron currently has the highest PER EVER. Higher than Wilt, higher than Jordan. Needless to say, much, much, much, much, much, much higher than Melo or even Kobe. And his team is winning. Without any All-Stars. Saying Melo is close to LeBron is an insult to people who think.

melo isnt that much different too lebron ,there is actually things melo does way better than lebron, melo is the best post up small forward in the league, if melo had the ball in his hands at the 3pt line for 90% of the game im sure melos numbers would be more comparable to that of lebron. Not to take anything away from lebron his an awsome player and i personally think his up there with kobe but he does have the ball "all the time" and is asked to "create" for his teamates hence his high assists and play making skills. Melo isnt asked to do this, melo is the "focal" point of the offence in the sense his the target on the low block.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #18 on: December 18, 2008, 06:18:37 AM »

out of curiosity nick, who do you think is the 2nd best player in league behind kobe?

it may very well be LeBron...but it's definitely not a close 2nd.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #19 on: December 18, 2008, 06:19:27 AM »

melo isnt that much different too lebron ,there is actually things melo does way better than lebron, melo is the best post up small forward in the league, if melo had the ball in his hands at the 3pt line for 90% of the game im sure melos numbers would be more comparable to that of lebron. Not to take anything away from lebron his an awsome player and i personally think his up there with kobe but he does have the ball "all the time" and is asked to "create" for his teamates hence his high assists and play making skills. Melo isnt asked to do this, melo is the "focal" point of the offence in the sense his the target on the low block.

^gets it. 8)

Elano

« Reply #20 on: December 18, 2008, 10:33:08 AM »
i'd like to see melo play for the lakers  8)

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #21 on: December 18, 2008, 11:21:06 AM »
.. and I'd like to see LeBron and Harris play for the Mavs.. what's the point?
No, it's not a sin

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #22 on: December 18, 2008, 11:31:52 AM »
Great scorer...but thats it. He doesn't play a lick of defense, he's not a good playmaker, he takes ill-advised shots, and unfortunately - he hasn't grown much since his rookie year. Dude is a hot head who just can't stay grounded.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Elano

« Reply #23 on: December 18, 2008, 12:41:56 PM »
:loco: :loco: :loco: :stupid:

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #24 on: December 18, 2008, 01:07:25 PM »
:loco: :loco: :loco: :stupid:

I said the same thing you said, basically.
No, it's not a sin

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #25 on: December 18, 2008, 07:30:51 PM »
.. and I'd like to see Harris play for the Mavs..

LOL

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #26 on: December 20, 2008, 02:31:23 AM »
Melo sure looked close to LeBron last game...  :-X
No, it's not a sin

wcsoldier

« Reply #27 on: December 20, 2008, 02:44:57 AM »
Lebron is WAY better than Melo ... that's not even arguable

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #28 on: December 20, 2008, 09:45:56 AM »
Melo sure looked close to LeBron last game...  :-X

you can credit Cleveland's defense for that...switch their roles, and see what happens.

thisoneguy360

« Reply #29 on: December 20, 2008, 12:30:43 PM »
Lebron is a more explosive player and seems to be more consistent...Melo has the potential to be better cause he does shit that Lebron doesn't do particularly well (post up, 3pt shots, etc) but the key word is potential.