Author Topic: DJ Premier: “I Gave 50 Cent A Bangin’ Beat But He Turned It Down”  (Read 1304 times)

Jaydc555

Re: DJ Premier: “I Gave 50 Cent A Bangin’ Beat But He Turned It Down”
« Reply #30 on: December 14, 2008, 10:10:12 PM »
I like 50 but theirs a lot more artists I'd like premo to work with instead

OcToExtraordinaire

• Hookup Maestro
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #31 on: December 14, 2008, 10:25:51 PM »
When the possibility of a full-length album was brought up, he acknowledged that the wheels are in motion, but it may be difficult to get everyone he wants on the release. “I talked about starting it a couple weeks ago, because a lot of artists [want to help]—like Kanye, [after] I scratched on his album, he was like, ‘Yo, I’ll give you one for free whenever you need me.’ And I know that the bigger people get, it’s harder to get ‘em. Even Jay-Z is hard to get now, and we were around each other for years, but it’s hard to even get at him. I’m just trying to swap with everybody.”

The perfectionist that he is, Primo knows the situation needs to be right. “It’s gotta be like my Chronic,” he continued. “Just like the way Dre came out with Chronic and just shitted on everybody, mine’s gotta be the same way.”

Whether or not a DJ Premier album is in the immediate future, more music is certainly on the way. “I’m back to almost a beat every two days,” he assured. “The money’s always secondary. That’s the reason why I think I still get work. Even in desperate times, I still gotta make the record bang.”
"A Man Of Few Words": that's the name of his project.

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #32 on: December 15, 2008, 06:30:31 AM »
50 needs to get at premo if premo is interested in workin with him. 50 should be honoured plus see the musical potential. if premo is gonna offer a beat he'd obviously get in the studio and get down with him too. i can't see how anyone claming to do raw street hip-hop music wouldn't want to work with him.

There's alot of people who dont wanna work wit' Preme.  IMHO (mainly factual) Preme only been hangin' on to his name bcuz there isn't anybody else in his position.  Most Hip Hop production is boring (no matter who produces it).  Preme only makes simple shit, that basic-basic Hip Hop sound is dyin' like a plant wit' no food or water 4 a week.  Hip Hop is goin' the Live Band direction- whether u do mainstream hip hop or raw hip hop.  I love the classics just like the next man does, but truth be told- that sound is outdated (especially Preme's), i guess u could label it like that "throwback sound".  Even Even George Clinton let Kokane take his sound and move on with it

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #33 on: December 15, 2008, 02:20:12 PM »
lol, 50 is retarded.

i dont understand some peoples responses

what if the track was no good?
what if 50 didnt like it or it didnt fit in with his album or its direction?

is he just expected to take whatever because it was offered?

im sure hes rejected some dr dre beats in the past aswell

now that i think of it...

it was probably a great beat, but 50 heard it and said to himself "its just not my style".

i mean, thats my take on it; but why else are you turning down a Premo beat?

im glad you read every post. ;)

Chief

« Reply #34 on: December 16, 2008, 02:06:28 AM »
maybe it's a good thing 50 turned the beat down, somebody else could have possibly ripped it better

;D

Al Bundy

« Reply #35 on: December 16, 2008, 02:06:59 PM »
50 needs to get at premo if premo is interested in workin with him. 50 should be honoured plus see the musical potential. if premo is gonna offer a beat he'd obviously get in the studio and get down with him too. i can't see how anyone claming to do raw street hip-hop music wouldn't want to work with him.

There's alot of people who dont wanna work wit' Preme.  IMHO (mainly factual) Preme only been hangin' on to his name bcuz there isn't anybody else in his position.  Most Hip Hop production is boring (no matter who produces it).  Preme only makes simple shit, that basic-basic Hip Hop sound is dyin' like a plant wit' no food or water 4 a week.  Hip Hop is goin' the Live Band direction- whether u do mainstream hip hop or raw hip hop.  I love the classics just like the next man does, but truth be told- that sound is outdated (especially Preme's), i guess u could label it like that "throwback sound".  Even Even George Clinton let Kokane take his sound and move on with it

wow. preme has been hanging on because he STILL drops dope instrumentals.

Invincible

« Reply #36 on: December 16, 2008, 07:30:25 PM »

Word. He's dropped some serious heat this year.

Matty

« Reply #37 on: December 16, 2008, 08:01:22 PM »
50 sux for turning down any premier beat, end of story. yeah hes rich and knows what hes doing but whos more hip-hop? christina aguilera :laugh:

there's no way premier has fallen off either. still putting out heat on the regular.

Al Bundy

« Reply #38 on: December 17, 2008, 04:47:14 PM »

Word. He's dropped some serious heat this year.

every year is premos year ya dig?

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #39 on: December 23, 2008, 08:47:13 AM »
50 a retard:

DJ Premier Details 50 Cent Snub

DJ Premier recently revealed to New York radio personality Peter Rosenberg that he made a track for 50 Cent that was turned down. XXLmag.com chopped it up with the beat making legend to get the inside scoop on what happened with the song and how it would have been the perfect vehicle for Fif to push the reset button on his career.

Apparently Preemo submitted the song for 50’s upcoming album Before I Self Destruct. And as he tells it, this would have been the G-Unit leader’s perfect re-introduction to hip-hop audiences as a hardcore rapper.

“I use[d] his voice from “Guess Who’s Back” – ‘You’re now rocking with 50 Cent. Are you ready? I said are you ready,’ he described to XXL. “You know how he says that, with that like cocky attitude? I used that and scratching in the beginning with like this real mellow beat and the drums are smacking. It’s like setting it up like ‘Yo I’m back on my grizzly shit. I’m about to come rough.’”

Premier, who has worked with most of New York’s most influential artists, including The Notorious B.I.G., Jay-Z and Nas, said the track wasn’t one of his greatest but it would have worked in 50’s favor. “It’s not like the illest beat I ever done but the fact that he wants to bring it back to the pure essence, I definitely know how to make sure that we’re on the right track for a street record. “

While he says that Curtis would have sounded amazing over the beat, he’s not upset that the song was turned down. “Bringing that old voice back is almost like if he hit the reset button. So I could totally hear 50 killing that song…I’m not mad though. Fif’s my dude.”

Even though you won’t be hearing the track on 50’s new album, Preemo said the beat didn’t end up on the cutting room floor. He gave it to the NYGz, who are signed to his Year Round imprint, for a song called “Ready?".

Source: xxlmag

RingMan

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • BWS Czech Capo
« Reply #40 on: December 23, 2008, 09:50:19 AM »
Even though you won’t be hearing the track on 50’s new album, Preemo said the beat didn’t end up on the cutting room floor. He gave it to the NYGz, who are signed to his Year Round imprint, for a song called “Ready?".
good news

Rap is not real, I don't care what they told you,
Fake people say fake things in their vocalbooth
- Soul Position - Mic Control

I make it hard to read me, graffiti flow - Rakim - Word On The Streets

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #41 on: December 24, 2008, 11:02:31 AM »
maybe it's a good thing 50 turned the beat down, somebody else could have possibly ripped it better

ANYBODY
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens