Author Topic: "Sellout" by Scarface  (Read 364 times)

Rick McCrank

"Sellout" by Scarface
« on: December 13, 2008, 08:38:27 PM »
why do so many rappers talk shit about other rappers then they end up working with the kind of rappers they dislike?

this isn't exactly focusing on Scarface but I'll use him as one example

here are lyrics from his song "Sellout" off The Fix album

The ruler is back
cause there's too many pussies out here makin' bullshit records and ruining rap
I gotta check this whole game
cause niggaz out here listenin' to these record label bitches instead of doin' they thing
I'm a real nigga, a street nigga til it's done with
And I could never let you talk me into dumb shit
like selling out, to move a few more units
Just keep me in the ghetto cause the hood stay truest
You fuck around and cross the other side of the track
and catch you a brick then realize you can't come back

generally, if you put these lyrics in front of every rapper, they would be scared to say they didn't agree with this

so to my point - why, for his last album "Emeritus", would he have Lil Wayne for one of his guest spots?

I'm not a Lil Wayne hater, I enjoy some of his music, but anyone with a brain knows he's a sellout

the fact that him, along with Kanye West, are using auto tune on every verse because it's the hot sound, is nothing short of selling out

so basically right now, Lil Wayne embodies everything that was said in that Scarface verse, therefore why does Scarface enjoy rapping alongside a sellout?

another example that somewhat fits in this category is Snoop Dogg

back when he had that West Coast Conference shit, he made a video announcement addressing all rappers "stealing" the West Coast image

"you better stop that, blah blah blah"..... I just find it interesting that Snoop pretty much has gotten down on anybody and everybody's albums

who is he talking to?  he must be addressing ghosts because it doesn't take a genius to know he hopped on bandwagons that you know he was accusing of these allegations

I think it's safe to say 99% of rappers are two-faced and full of shit, it's interesting that no one seems to notice, they're basically nothing but hypocrits

Lunatic

Re: "Sellout" by Scarface
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2008, 08:48:12 PM »
Maybe Face is cool with Wayne. Notice Wayne didn't use that auto tune b.s. on Emeritus; I bet Face told em straight up he couldn't. Just for the record, Wayne appeared on the last Scarface album as well.
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

Rick McCrank

« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2008, 08:55:19 PM »
Maybe Face is cool with Wayne. Notice Wayne didn't use that auto tune b.s. on Emeritus; I bet Face told em straight up he couldn't. Just for the record, Wayne appeared on the last Scarface album as well.

that's my point, of course he's cool with Wayne

if he feels so strongly about selling out, WHY let Wayne on this last retirement album?

too many double standards, he obviously doesn't really feel that strongly about it

these guys say one thing and do another, why say it in the first place?

all these rappers talk shit about this and that image, then they're right on the bandwagon or even jocking that same image

Lunatic

« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2008, 08:57:38 PM »

that's my point, of course he's cool with Wayne

if he feels so strongly about selling out, WHY let Wayne on this last retirement album?

too many double standards, he obviously doesn't really feel that strongly about it

these guys say one thing and do another, why say it in the first place?

all these rappers talk shit about this and that image, then they're right on the bandwagon or even jocking that same image
well Wayne came pretty tight on that song. He may be a sellout, but doesn't really show those qualities on "Forgot About Me" so maybe that is why Face was cool with it.
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

Rick McCrank

« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2008, 09:01:14 PM »
haha that just proves how much of a sellout Wayne really is

"I'll come dope when I want to but when it's time to kiss ass and make some bullshit for the charts I'm here for you, I love you boss"

Jimmy H.

« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2008, 01:01:38 AM »
But every man got a different opinin on what artists are selling out and what have you. Unless he's specifically name-checking Wayne, maybe he don't share the opinion. I personally ain't much of a fan of Wayne at all but if Face likes his shit, he can put him on the album. That's his choice. Not all artists have the same views.

In the case of Snoop, I don't understood where he's at most of the time. I'll be a Snoop fan forever but so much of what he says kind of comes off as incosistent. After pushing for the West Coast unity thing, I didn't get why he had such questionable shit to say about Crooked. From an outside perspective, it seems like there is something missing from all this. For the most part, he seems like he got his hustle down but there's just little moves he makes from time to time that leave me wondering where his head at. The one thing that always had me wondering who he was addressing was when he said it bothered him that people who Pac was dissing when he was alive were making songs with him. I never quite figured who he was throwing shots at because just about every artist Pac dissed in the Death Row era has fucked with Snoop since.

Rick McCrank

« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2008, 02:13:52 AM »
But every man got a different opinin on what artists are selling out and what have you.

I know what you mean, but my point is that Wayne has now proved to be a blatant sellout

there's nothing to consider when thinking about it, it is what it is

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I Made Jesus Walks/So I Ain't Never Going To Hell
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2008, 08:30:29 AM »
Face is the type of rapper if he got a problem with specific rappers he will say they name on record. Period.

Blood$

« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2008, 08:46:03 AM »
Face is the type of rapper if he got a problem with specific rappers he will say they name on record. Period.

D1G1T4L

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Digital Productions
« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2008, 02:27:09 PM »

really? when did scarface diss anyone directly  besides lil troy?

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I Made Jesus Walks/So I Ain't Never Going To Hell
« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2008, 09:13:53 AM »

really? when did scarface diss anyone directly  besides lil troy?

Well he has not had alot of beefs on record if any other than the occasional RAL artists disagreements.

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2008, 09:38:41 AM »
yeah that lil wayne dumb shit he did was not a good move
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.