Author Topic: Do you feel guilty celebrating Christmas or any other religious festivals ?  (Read 386 times)

morbidenigma

• Muthafuckin' Don!
id feel bad.. if i hadnt given a shit about religion all year long.. id feel as if i dont deserve to celebrate wen all year round ive been ignorant as fuck.. to a great extent alot of religious festivals have lost there true meanings and the purpose of the celebration..

clearly its another example of people picking and choosing what parts to follow of a religion .. as it allows for hedonism to a certain extent those who live generally religion free lifestyles , jump on the bandwagon and use it as an opprtunity/excuse to enjoy themselves..

the other sad thing is organisations which dnt gie a shit about Jesus rinse the fuck out of it to maximise there profits .. clearly its just become a marketing gimmick for them to make their millions..

penenstamp

the other sad thing is organisations which dnt gie a shit about Jesus rinse the fuck out of it to maximise there profits .. clearly its just become a marketing gimmick for them to make their millions..

On the other hand the Jesus church is responsible for more deaths than any other church. At least those organizations you're talking about give something positive back to the people and that's the real Christmas spirit. Christmas is all about fun, joy, family, money, gadgets and anal sex.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2008, 08:37:28 AM by penenstamp »

Raphael

Christmas is all about fun, joy, family, money, gadgets and anal sex.
props im going to put that in my sig.

The King

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Fuck Jesus. Fuck Christmas. And fuck these stupid holidays.

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
Like I see it, Christmas is not a religious thing anymore. It's more like a cultural thing. So I don't feel guilty at all. It's just a well deserved vacation.

kemizt

Furor Teutonicus

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • aka Dr. Jan Itor
Like I see it, Christmas is not a religious thing anymore. It's more like a cultural thing. So I don't feel guilty at all. It's just a well deserved vacation.

yeah for me too. But I still don't like that today it's an economic festival.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
I told my parents many years ago that I find it hypocritical to absolutely not believe in religion or like anything about it, then turn around and celebrate Christmas just because it's pleasant or something. So I told them I'm not gonna do this anymore. And I don't. I don't give out cynical remarks when kids are around, but that's about it.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

morbidenigma

• Muthafuckin' Don!
I told my parents many years ago that I find it hypocritical to absolutely not believe in religion or like anything about it, then turn around and celebrate Christmas just because it's pleasant or something. So I told them I'm not gonna do this anymore. And I don't. I don't give out cynical remarks when kids are around, but that's about it.

the realist shit ove ever read on here..

The King

• Muthafuckin' Don!

Nice post, completely agree. Same with Easter. Even with the religious aspect, it's just a materialistic bullshit holiday.

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
^Is easter as commercialized in the US as Christmas?

kemizt

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
Re: Do you feel guilty celebrating Christmas or any other religious festivals ?
« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2008, 08:09:34 PM »
I think that Christmas as it is, is not a religious holiday. First off, we celebrate winter, not Christmas, I highly doubt it snowed in Israel, I never heard of Evergreen Christmas trees at the stable Jesus was born, and last time I checked, doorbuster deals on flat screen TVs is an American thing, which was not even known to the people in the New Testament. I still celebrate Christmas, knowing it has nothing to do with religion other than the name.

.:DaYg0sTyLz:.

« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2008, 03:13:03 PM »
Not at all. Christmas is so far from anything related to "jesus". Its a holiday, its not some magical mans birthday....or any bullshit like that. Jehovas Witnesses dont celebrate holidays....so if I didnt celebrate Christmas...would that mean I should feel guilty about not celebrating it, since Im not a Jehovas Witness?
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

Sikotic™

« Reply #12 on: December 23, 2008, 11:47:28 PM »
I enjoy the tradition of it, and that's how I celebrate it.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #13 on: December 25, 2008, 05:18:48 PM »

On the other hand the Jesus church is responsible for more deaths than any other church. At least those organizations you're talking about give something positive back to the people and that's the real Christmas spirit. Christmas is all about fun, joy, family, money, gadgets and anal sex.

And who do you think was behind all those deaths really? The Church just wanted everyone to believe in Jesus and the ones that didn't were killed? It was always about power, and money was always power, and people who had the money and power wanted more of it. The Christian Church was hijacked by the olden day corporations, the merchant class, and that's why the deaths occurred.

Catholic Church invasions have about as much to do with Jesus and religion as Jupiter did with Roman conquest. The religions in question were just one of many distractions used to keep the people from seeing what was going on. There will always be a group of people that will do whatever it takes to get ahead, and they will find a scapegoat to use. Like those idiots out there that think it was because of Bush that the US Empire needed to secure oil pipelines. If it wasn't Bush in Iraq in the name of our safety, it would have been Gore in Darfur in the name of the oppressed. The result would have been the same. Hundreds of thousands dead so a few corporations can make more money.

.:DaYg0sTyLz:.

« Reply #14 on: December 26, 2008, 07:14:06 PM »
I enjoy the tradition of it, and that's how I celebrate it.

u just like sitting on Santas lap...
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"