Author Topic: Kardinal Offishall Feat. Dr. Dre & Pusha T - Set It Off  (Read 2599 times)

Matty

Re: Kardinal Offishall Feat. Dr. Dre & Pusha T - Set It Off
« Reply #30 on: December 15, 2008, 09:58:37 PM »
nah dre's voice is pretty booming over this beat, he comes off as killing it imo.

Nima - Dubcnn.com

« Reply #31 on: December 15, 2008, 11:55:46 PM »
Explanation from DJ Skee:

Yes this is official too, a real new Dre verse. Heres the story FYI... We (Skee.TV) shot the "Set It Off" video for Kardinal ft. The Clipse, and Jimmy Iovine loved it and sent it to Dre direct (since we had the Beats By Dre headphones in it). Then, Dre loved the song & video so much he was inspired to do a verse on it that night (I got called by the label the next day saying Dre rapped on it after being inspired by our video- a pretty good feeling). This was when he was still trying to come out with Detox this year and he wanted to start hopping on records... needless to say, those plans later changed, and thus the remix never came out (it just leaked somehow today, but was done months ago), but it is 100% real and official... and hopefully it helps Kardi! Figured I'd let the world know the real story before assumptions came out...

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #32 on: December 16, 2008, 12:15:24 AM »
Got another hook up? Zshare is not working.

kemizt

k1000

« Reply #33 on: December 16, 2008, 12:40:03 AM »
You can hear Kurupt for a quick second too.

i'm quite surprised nobody noticed the "what up Dr Dre" addition was from Chronic 2001 that can be heard at the end of Lolo intro to introduce The Watcher.

hellrazor86

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • There Can Only Be One Don
« Reply #34 on: December 16, 2008, 01:36:44 AM »

Yes this is official too, a real new Dre verse. Heres the story FYI... We (Skee.TV) shot the "Set It Off" video for Kardinal ft. The Clipse, and Jimmy Iovine loved it and sent it to Dre direct (since we had the Beats By Dre headphones in it). Then, Dre loved the song & video so much he was inspired to do a verse on it that night (I got called by the label the next day saying Dre rapped on it after being inspired by our video- a pretty good feeling). This was when he was still trying to come out with Detox this year and he wanted to start hopping on records... needless to say, those plans later changed, and thus the remix never came out (it just leaked somehow today, but was done months ago), but it is 100% real and official... and hopefully it helps Kardi! Figured I'd let the world know the real story before assumptions came out...

thx for clearin this out Nima

Hot Vers Still!

good move to Kard

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #35 on: December 16, 2008, 01:48:53 AM »
Hmm something doesnt sound right bout Dre's delivery I reckon, he always sounds way clearer than that, and that Kurupt line was just chucked in there. Dope to hear Dre if it was him, but pretty wierd, maybe the original version of the track and it didnt get cleared or something

Dre's vocals have changed since 2006 or so.
i guess he wanted to sound like the D.O.C.

Matty

« Reply #36 on: December 16, 2008, 02:13:11 AM »
yup just listen to the track on timbaland's shock value dre sounds similar to on here.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #37 on: December 16, 2008, 02:17:31 AM »
yup just listen to the track on timbaland's shock value dre sounds similar to on here.

yeah, or Imagine, Come & Go or On Top Now

T-Dogg

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #38 on: December 16, 2008, 02:48:24 AM »
Not really my kinda track. It's cool, but not my flava.

Cool to hear something new from Dre though, always is. Proof that dude's not dead.

David Gutterman

« Reply #39 on: December 16, 2008, 05:03:37 AM »
Cool to hear something new from Dre

YoungCrookedI

« Reply #40 on: December 16, 2008, 05:05:48 AM »
damn dre´s voice turned into in OLDMAN...hahahahahaa

penenstamp

« Reply #41 on: December 16, 2008, 05:17:38 AM »
You can hear Kurupt for a quick second too.

i'm quite surprised nobody noticed the "what up Dr Dre" addition was from Chronic 2001 that can be heard at the end of Lolo intro to introduce The Watcher.

yeah, it's a little sample badly mixed into the track

Rebel

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Every man dies...but not everyman really lives"
« Reply #42 on: December 16, 2008, 07:19:25 AM »

This was when he was still trying to come out with Detox this year and he wanted to start hopping on records...

Hopefully that means we'll being hearing more and more guest appearences from Dre as we get closer to DETOX.

The_Offence

« Reply #43 on: December 16, 2008, 08:17:38 AM »
another big move for toronto big up boi1 da to another young nigga outta toronto that produce this track i mean thats big for a 21 year old kid to have someone like dre spit over his beat that nigga got some crazy beats too there vets in the game that would like somebodies feet to have a dre verse on there beat

hit up boi 1da's myspace to listen to more of his production

http://www.myspace.com/nofreebeats
« Last Edit: December 16, 2008, 09:26:32 AM by The_Offence »

MediumL

« Reply #44 on: December 16, 2008, 08:58:10 AM »
Dre maybe rapping about Game?

"... meanin I'm comparable to none, I hear a lot of n*ggas quittin, but I ain't done.." or something like that

thats what i thought but i didnt wanna start cuasing beef when there wasnt any...
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/DjGVAwyb454" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/DjGVAwyb454</a>