Author Topic: Master P - MP Da Last Don (Whats Your Thoughts)  (Read 280 times)

wardy

Master P - MP Da Last Don (Whats Your Thoughts)
« on: December 15, 2008, 05:28:45 PM »
Decided to play this tonight for the first time in years and it made me think what a dope album this was and that i have been sleepin on this with not playing it for ages, whats are your opinions on it  ???

akcranker - The Dangerous Crew Movement

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Master P - MP Da Last Don (Whats Your Thoughts)
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2008, 07:20:42 PM »
I had like almost all of his albums back in the day.... but man I can't remember that one right now.. will have to dig it out and give it a listen.

frisch213

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2008, 05:14:08 AM »
i think the beats are pretty good, a couple of bangers on there....m.p's lyrics leave a lot to be desired but the overall album is good.....

2euce 7even

« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2008, 11:32:33 AM »
Some Good Songs On It.
Love The Intro.

Jaydc555

« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2008, 11:41:34 AM »
I think ghetto d is his best album.bourbons and lacs is a clasic track that I still bump regurarly

Muhfukka

« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2008, 12:04:34 PM »
mp da last don was terrible basically everything people hated about master p was all over that shit and it was a double disc

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2008, 01:07:15 PM »
haha holy fuck i just put this album in this morning and came on here to make a post about it...thats fuckin nuts

Anyway yeah i haven't listened to this album in literally YEARS and randomly threw it in.  It was actually only the red disc but I will pop the blue one in later.  I really just wanted to hear Bone rhyme on that "dead and gone" joint and ended up bumping pretty much every joint on there.

Beats By The Pound, KLC, whoever else No Limit had for their in house shit came really nice on this album.  But thats nothin new, they had HEAT on tons of No Limit albums. 

P is borderline unlistenable at times - the adlibs, the played out cliches, the whoring of Tupac's legacy...I could go on and on but I won't.  But there are times when comes off alright and is tolerable. 

The features on this album are great.  Bone completely ripped their shit, E-40 rips his shit, Mystikal, Silkk, Mia X, and Snoop all come tight as well.

I wish P had less verses and more features, but having said that it's a pretty decent album.

Jaydc555

« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2008, 01:46:59 PM »
Beats by the pound don't get much credit.sure not every beat they made was great but considering they produced every single track for no limit between 5 guys is incredible.they made a lot of beats that are just fire.

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I Made Jesus Walks/So I Ain't Never Going To Hell
« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2008, 06:27:46 PM »
Dope mainstream album from P. Ghetto D was more raw but this one had a more polished sound to it.

Citizen-Y

« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2008, 03:16:19 PM »
I love that album, reminds me of the summer of 98.  The movie was fucking wack though.