Author Topic: 50 Cent Speaks On Lil Wayne’s Diss & The State Of Hip Hop  (Read 382 times)

GATMAN

• Muthafuckin' Don!
50 Cent Speaks On Lil Wayne’s Diss & The State Of Hip Hop
« on: December 22, 2008, 07:58:38 AM »
http://realtalkny.uproxx.com/2008/12/topic/topic/beef/50-cent-speaks-on-lil-waynes-diss-the-state-of-hip-hop/

50 says rappers are always doing tracks with other artist and, “Get Up,” is the only rap record out now with a rapper rapping throughout the whole song. He says Eminem and Dr.Dre will also be dropping albums in 09. Sounds like he doesn’t care if Lil Wayne’s disswas a leak so he may address it in the future.

penenstamp

Re: 50 Cent Speaks On Lil Wayne’s Diss & The State Of Hip Hop
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2008, 08:03:01 AM »
Both 50 Cent and Lil Wayne make crap music. I don't even wanna know what 50 had to say about the state of hip hop. All I know is that he's partly responsible for the horrible state it's in.

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2008, 08:04:22 AM »
    EXCLUSIVe

Matty

« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2008, 08:27:46 AM »
i love the way 50 has to be really careful what he says cause he's done most the shit he's moaning about himself. justin timberlake, akon collabs?

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2008, 08:32:00 AM »
i love the way 50 has to be really careful what he says cause he's done most the shit he's moaning about himself. justin timberlake, akon collabs?

I'm sure he was speaking to the "Up & Coming" Artists and not about the players who are already in the game.  I'm pretty sure EVERYBODY has similar views on Hip Hop now that its been getting bashed on heavily for tha past couple of years.

« Last Edit: December 22, 2008, 08:37:32 AM by BiggBoogaBiff »

'EclipZe

« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2008, 12:46:34 PM »
this idiot is one of the reasons commercial hiphop sucks ass like it never sucked ass before.

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2008, 01:48:36 PM »
50 Cent Responds To 'Leaked' Lil Wayne Diss, Plans To Bring Hip Hop Back

In 2007, rap fans everywhere were salivating for a beef between Lil Wayne and 50 Cent after the G-Unit honcho labeled the New Orleans rapper 'a whore' for appearing on everyone's records and questioned his sexuality for kissing Birdman on the lips.

Despite the numerous insults, Lil Wayne chose to avoid getting tangled in a war of words with 50 Cent.

It seemed nothing would be coming out of 50 Cent's attacks but things took an interesting turn last month when a song titled 'Louisianimal' began making its rounds on the internet.

On the song, Wayne took shots at 50 saying: 'All about a dollar, fuck two quarters/Bitch I’ll pour syrup in that vitamin water/I hope you die ugly, and tonight will be gorgeous.[listen to 'Louisianimal']

Folks on various rap message boards claimed the track was old and was leaked. Surprisingly, 50 Cent didn't retaliate as expected but took time out recently to address the song in an interview with Shade 45.

50 questioned why Lil Wayne's camp didn't say the record was leaked and implied that he will be responding to th e diss.

"It doesn’t matter if it’s old or not. Now I know how you feel,” said 50. "I'll leave it like it is right now and wait till I'm comfortable and then I’ll do what I do. Think about it, no one from his camp said it was a leak. We could assume it was leak but he's a celebrity. If it was a leak, he would come out and say something."

50 is currently gearing up to release his fourth solo album titled Before I Self Destruct in February 2009. The G-Unit honcho revealed he was not impressed with the present state of hip hop and plans to take it back to its essence.

"I wanna bring hip hop back to where you can actually rap and sell records. I listen to the radio alot and if you have a rapper on a record they are collaborating with an R&B artist," explained 50. “They aint no rap records. The only rap record that’s out there right now is 'Get Up'. Name one other record that a rapper raps alone all through the record?"

"The format now is to go get T-Pain or go get someone who consistently has radio airplay and hope it translate into sales for you," 50 continued. "Think about it, which average rap artist has a record out and it’s just them. You gotta respect Kanye for that; he's the only one who made his own record. He made an R&B record but it was still his own record."

Asked if he would be experimenting on Before I Self Destruct like Kanye West did on 808's & Heartbreak, 50 replied: "It's an experiment because it's me seeing whether I can go back to the original format and bring the art form back. I’m sure next year my camp is gonna be influencing alot because they are gonna see all three of us come out next year. Me, Em and Dre."

Source: sixshot

R1ZE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Do 4 Love
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2008, 02:42:26 PM »
big talk... hope he comes through

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2008, 03:05:58 PM »
You gotta admit though, apart from 2 singles on his last album, 50 pretty much always just goes in on track by himself, making real rap. Before I Self Destruct is gonna be dope I reckon