Author Topic: Sheek Louch Interview  (Read 49 times)

Lunatic

Sheek Louch Interview
« on: December 20, 2008, 08:09:07 AM »
Not my work
http://illuminati2g.webs.com/sheeklouchinterview.htm

Illuminati 2G chopped it up with Lox member Sheek Louch for a exclusive interview. We discuss his new mixtape, Last Of A Dying Breed, in stores now, the upcoming D-Block compilation in February, the possibilty of a new LOX album and Sheek solo, Jadakiss' new album and much more so check it out. D-BLOCK!!!!

For audio of the interview, click on the link below:

http://www.zshare.net/audio/5300959340a8d25e/

Illuminati 2G is here with Sheek Louch, how's it going?

What's happening, what's happening?

Alright let's get right into it. What inspired the title to the new mixtape, Last Of A Dying Breed and what made you want to drop a mixtape?

It's more fun for me as far as like the songs that I put on there. Some of the songs on there are songs that did not make the album at the last minute and I just had songs around and I also recorded some new ones as well, so I am just feeding the streets. And it is a recession and everything the music, the quality and all that. What made me call it the Last Of A Dying Breed is I feel like it is only a handful of us out there right now. Me and my niggas, that come from that era, the Cool's, the Doo Wop's, the Ron G's, the B.I.G.'s and on up. That is why I call it that.

What can fans and people that want to pick up the mixtape, what can they expect from it?

Just some party records. I got one of those chronic records featuring one of my artists, S.I.. You will hear alot about him, and just you know some fun man. It's not just as serious and intense as making a album. It's more just dropping some joints and making it make sense and moving it like that.

You have been on the indie grind for a minute. You dropped 3 indie albums on Koch including your latest, Silverback Gorilla.

Actually not to cut you off but my first one was on Universal.

Ok, Sorry about that. Do you have any plans of dropping another album in the near future?

Hell Yeah, yes sir. Alright so check it out, first off my mixtape is out so go check that out, go get that it is fire. After that in February we got a D-Block compilation. It will have our artists like Bucky, Don D, T.Y., A.P., Straws, Big Bully, S.I.. That is dropping and it is called No Security, and that is coming in February. It's hot, the music on there is all brand new, just showcasing our new dudes, we on it a few times and it's fire. I think around the time it starts to get warm, I am coming with my new album. I started recording already so it's crazy. Also I am encouraging everyone to go get the new Jadakiss album, The Last Kiss, coming next year as well, top of the year.

What would you say since switching from a major to a indie has been the biggest positive influence other than more money in your pocket. Just the biggest positive influence that you have recieved doing your own thing as opposed to being on a major?

I would say definitely you addressed the money thing, getting your proper cuts for everything. Just freedom man, to do what you want and not care. When you get caught up in the whole system where a label has alot of artists and you have to wait. I could drop 2, 3 times a year if I wanted to over here on a indie. To be a aritst and to be able to have the freedom to do that kind of work. Just my hands on relationship with the Alan Grumblatt's, the Shadow's, the D's, all these people. I am not just going to meet with the A&R, when I talk into the office I meet with the head people. Alot of these labels don't even know the Jimmy Iovine's. They never met them. Alot of these people that are working there and pushing the record, the artists have never met them.

Do you guys have a release date set for the new LOX album? Have you guys been working on it? What is the latest you can give us on the group?

We all said cool once we do this, once Kiss drops his album, then we will come with the LOX. Because that seems to be the main question. We could have a hot record or song on the radio, but everybody wants to know when that is coming. We don't have a definite release date, but we have started on it. It is going to stay on Interscope, it is just right now everybody is doing they own thing and it feels like just something keeps coming up always after that. I am going to let nature take its course.

Other than the mixtape what other plans do you guys have with D-Block? Do you guys have any schedule for the artists set to drop next after the mixtape?

I am not even going to put that in anyone's head. I am hoping that this compilation that comes in February, will make people decide off of that. Because it is so fire, that mixtape it's crazy. It is that crazy to where you will be saying, ohh man this guy Bully has to come out with a album, or A.P. or one of these guys. I want the people to decide. Instead of me saying this is who it is going to be. That is one of the main reason why we are putting out the compilation.

When did you say the release date was for that? In February?

Yeah it is going to be in February.

Do you still keep in contact with the whole Ruff Ryders camp? DMX, Eve and all those people?

Yeah I got a house down the street from Dee and we are a couple houses down from Swizz. So I see these guys on the regular man. Whether it be in the supermarket or whatever, it is family. Right now they are just rebuilding the whole Ruff Ryder movement, but you know I support all of that going on and it is all love. As young man, we learned alot and they taught us alot. D-Block is strong and we are just doing us. Also we are all scattered around. Kiss is at Def Jam, we at Koch, so it's all good man.

Do you have any future collaborations maybe with Eve or others that you have worked with in that camp coming on any future projects?

Like as far as the DMX's and everything?

Right

I would love to. I think I might just reach out to them. I seen Drag-on not too long ago. Everybody just grinding man, but I would love to have X out at one of these arenas.

What are your thoughts today on the state of hip hop? You happy with the music that is coming out, you think it is alot of bullshit? What is just your thoughts on the music?

You know what, it is definitely alot of bullshit. The hunger that took place back then with us, like I mentioned earlier with the Cool's, the Doo Wop's, the Ron G's, the B.I.G.'s you really had to be saying something and had to spit. To get people to recognize that your music is hot. Now it's more the dance and the routine with it and the whole gimmick. I'm not hating on that, I welcome it. I am like go ahead, you young guys go ahead and do your thing. I am not stopping my son from singing none of it, it's just not for me. It's all good I guess. Music is not for everybody. I am a G, and my music relates to the youth that are coming up in that path. Other than that it is not for these little young knuckleheads.

Definitely. Alright so that is all the questions that I have for you. Appreciate you getting down for the interview......

Kiss' album is coming baby! (laughs) Push that album and the compilation and my mixtape and just thank you.

Ok, did you have any other words other than that?

The Roc! All day long. Ya heard.

Alright appreciate the interview.

No doubt dog, one
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

wardy

Re: Sheek Louch Interview
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2008, 10:48:14 AM »
I respect the LOX alot as they must be one of the longest serving rap groups that havn't had beef with eachother, Jada, Styles and Sheek seem to have the upmost respect for eachother