Author Topic: Overrated Rappers  (Read 1229 times)

Jaydc555

Overrated Rappers
« on: December 20, 2008, 05:45:29 PM »
Here's a list of rappers I feel are overrated and my reasons.Everyone should make their own list and reasons.I know this thread could result in a bunch of argueing so I'm asking everyone just do their lists and don't argue with people or give negative karma just because someone has a different view.      Snoop - theirs no doubting that doggystle is a classic.But since snoop is the picture of inconsistency.Let's not forget that snoop seems to just do whatevers hot at the moment.He went from deathrow to the new hottest label no limit then left no limit to go to star trak to work with the hottest producers of the moment.From taking credit for the izzle talk to working with pussycat dolls snoop is a sellout through and through.Does he make some hot tracks?yes.But he can't put together a solid album and let's face lyrically he's not even top 50.                  Jay-Z - Calling him the best rapper alive seems like just more of the trendy thing to do.Has he had the sales and hits theirs no doubt.To this day I believe if big or PAC was alive he would still be a nobody.Blue print was indeed a classic.But all his other albums are inconsistent and all are very mainstream.Let's face it he can pick a beat theirs no doubt but as far as lyrics and concepts and subject matter he is extremely overated.As an emcee nas shits all over jay.                 Lil Wayne- Wayne has gone full circle from being garbage to hot to garbage.The Carter II was a solid album and Wayne seemed to just keep getting better.But the Carter 3 was a huge dissapointment.and his love of auto tune and lyrics that quite often don't even make sense have shown that he is not one of the greats.   The game- with each album game seems to get a little worse.I found lax to be very sub par with an over reliance on guest spots.Like 50 said game can give you some bars but actual songs he falters.add in repetitive subject matter and you've got someone very overrated.      Again these are just my opinions so don't hate just give your list and keep it moving.

Maully aka [Fitted Da Boss]

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • Karma is A Bitch...Know That!
Re: Overrated Rappers
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2008, 06:37:12 PM »
that is your opinion...but know this...jay was only slept on while pac n big was alive...cuz of the so called beef pac n big had...and everybody was kissin they ass(not that they wasnt dope or anything im jus sayin) and didnt notice how dope reasonable doubt was...and people always say this...but nas wasnt in that much of a better state...illmatic got 5 mics...but didnt do that well sales wise...u feel me?!...but its yo opinion...and its all good pimp.. 8)

Ya Boy Is Off The Wall, These Other Niggas Is Titoooo!

Do Dirty

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2008, 07:41:06 PM »
Overrated - 50 Cent is the definition of it. Mike Jones, Paul Wall, Biggie, Jim Jones, Cam'ron and Twista. Doesn't mean I don't like some of these guys stuff, they're not just not as high up as some would place them.
"You got problems with the punk police, don't run from the chumps get the pump from me"

Rick McCrank

« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2008, 07:43:07 PM »
Jay-Z definitely overrated

I like some of his stuff, but I've heard people say "he's the best that ever did it"... seriously

that's just ignorance, you need your hip hop pass revoked if you feel that way

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2008, 07:46:19 PM »
^imo, none of these rappers are at all.

50, Mike Jones, Paul, Jimmy, Cam; they all get nothing but hate lol.

i think you have "Overrated" mixed with the word "Wack" lol.

Biggie, i agree with you; he is OVERRATED! think about it, if 50 Cent died right after Get Rich or Die Tryin', with that & Power of A Dollar, people would still think hes amazing & another future legend shot down.

Biggie, was just like this, not to mention he was with Puff. Puff is the definition of pop today & would of dragged Big into the center of it.

bottom line, Biggie would have fell the fuck off if he were still alive. :grumpy:

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I Made Jesus Walks/So I Ain't Never Going To Hell
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2008, 08:00:36 PM »
Jay-Z definitely overrated

I like some of his stuff, but I've heard people say "he's the best that ever did it"... seriously

that's just ignorance, you need your hip hop pass revoked if you feel that way

Jay-Z got a hell of a catalog of music though. I agree he is not the greatest of all time though.

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I Made Jesus Walks/So I Ain't Never Going To Hell
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2008, 08:12:53 PM »
Well before Jome U-Hauls this thread, I would say out west Game is overrated. Dope rapper but people act like he is the 2nd coming of Pac sometimes.

MoodMuzik

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2008, 08:16:20 PM »
jay z is def overrated...n 50 sent gets hate yea....but still gets alot of love...hes overrated, but doesnt make them bad

Jaydc555

« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2008, 08:21:42 PM »
I have to agree with biggie being overrated.he was a great emcee no doubt but again he had limited subject matter.would he have fallen off who knows

Mr. VIP

« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2008, 08:33:02 PM »
how is jay-z overrated? haha u dudes is nerds u musta not heard his last cd "fallin", "the party life", "i know" who else is putting out muzik like that?? i think jay-z has hit a level most dudes cant reach and will never reach dead or alive...

8)

Jaydc555

« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2008, 08:35:36 PM »
Jay z is basically a pop artist.

Maully aka [Fitted Da Boss]

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • Karma is A Bitch...Know That!
« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2008, 09:00:32 PM »
u dudes amaze me...and not in a good way... :grumpy:

Ya Boy Is Off The Wall, These Other Niggas Is Titoooo!

Trav Treezy

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2008, 09:40:03 PM »
how is jay-z overrated? haha u dudes is nerds u musta not heard his last cd "fallin", "the party life", "i know" who else is putting out muzik like that?? i think jay-z has hit a level most dudes cant reach and will never reach dead or alive...

8)

Finally some real talk. The disrespect these guys show for hip hop is unreal. Niggaz said jayz,biggie,and 50 is overrated. First off 50 is known for making hits not lyrics so where is he overated at? He moves the albums off the shelf. Jayz cmon that niggga put all these niggaz today to shame including weezy. And if you say big is overrated, why are you even listening to hip hop? Its clear if you think that you dont know jack shit about hip hop,you dont understand it,and cant comprehend what hip hop is all about.

This is exactly the problem we having today in the game niggaz listening to rap because it has a nice beat and a nice flow to it. We need to start making niggaz take iq test about hip hop just to listen to it.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2008, 09:44:23 PM by Trav Treezy »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/ilKxOAEEhKk&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1&quot;" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/ilKxOAEEhKk&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1&quot;</a>

Fuck the rest of that shit listen to Saigon

The King

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: December 20, 2008, 09:40:41 PM »
Lil Wayne and Kanye are probably the most overrated of our time.

Jaydc555

« Reply #14 on: December 20, 2008, 09:47:29 PM »
Its called an opinion.not everybody loves jay'not everybody loves big and not everybody loves pac.personally I think kool g rap and rakim are two of the greatest.not a pop artist like jay who works with linkin park coldplay fall out boy etc etc.but to each their own.I simply asked who you all thought were overrated.I said don't argue with people about their opinion because its pointless.so just say who you think is overrated and why and stop commenting and bitching about what someone else thinks.their is no right and wrong just opinions.