Author Topic: Overrated Rappers  (Read 1247 times)

RichSwagger

• 'G'
  • Brazil Street Underboss
Re: Overrated Rappers
« Reply #15 on: December 20, 2008, 09:56:48 PM »
Lol at niggas saying Jim Jones is overrated...

Big Fase 100, Rich Swagger & Crooked I

Trav Treezy

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #16 on: December 20, 2008, 10:02:13 PM »
Its called an opinion.not everybody loves jay'not everybody loves big and not everybody loves pac.personally I think kool g rap and rakim are two of the greatest.not a pop artist like jay who works with linkin park coldplay fall out boy etc etc.but to each their own.I simply asked who you all thought were overrated.I said don't argue with people about their opinion because its pointless.so just say who you think is overrated and why and stop commenting and bitching about what someone else thinks.their is no right and wrong just opinions.

Aint nobody bitching but you. Im not the biggest jayz fan but you cant say certain shit. As a hip hop fans you can give credit even if your not a fan.  You cant compare g rap and rakim to jayz cause they did it in 2 different eras. And jayz did that rock shit to expand his fan base. He drop that very same album for the hip hop fans so why even saying anything about it. Damn do yall ever look at the bigger picture?
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/ilKxOAEEhKk&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1&quot;" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/ilKxOAEEhKk&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1&quot;</a>

Fuck the rest of that shit listen to Saigon

Trav Treezy

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #17 on: December 20, 2008, 10:03:19 PM »
Lol at niggas saying Jim Jones is overrated...

Exactly they actin like he sold 5 million or something.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/ilKxOAEEhKk&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1&quot;" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/ilKxOAEEhKk&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1&quot;</a>

ThaRealSupreme

« Reply #18 on: December 20, 2008, 10:12:49 PM »
how is jay-z overrated? haha u dudes is nerds u musta not heard his last cd "fallin", "the party life", "i know" who else is putting out muzik like that?? i think jay-z has hit a level most dudes cant reach and will never reach dead or alive...

8)

Finally some real talk. The disrespect these guys show for hip hop is unreal. Niggaz said jayz,biggie,and 50 is overrated. First off 50 is known for making hits not lyrics so where is he overated at? He moves the albums off the shelf. Jayz cmon that niggga put all these niggaz today to shame including weezy. And if you say big is overrated, why are you even listening to hip hop? Its clear if you think that you dont know jack shit about hip hop,you dont understand it,and cant comprehend what hip hop is all about.

This is exactly the problem we having today in the game niggaz listening to rap because it has a nice beat and a nice flow to it. We need to start making niggaz take iq test about hip hop just to listen to it.

Co-Sign

Lil Wayne and Game are definitely overrated
I stand before God when I say that I'm not a facade_Supreme

Jaydc555

« Reply #19 on: December 20, 2008, 10:16:00 PM »
I'm not bitching at all lol.what some call the bigger picture I call selling out.your talking about people only listening to beats and hooks not the rhymes.without a hot beat jay is totally uninteresting.but you put someone like Royce or nas or cormega or crooked I and they will still rip their verses.jay is reliant on working with a hot producer.Not to mention the fact I've never heard anyone bite so many lyrics.he constantly uses big rhymes,he's used eminem lines hell he's even used mike shinoda from linkin parks.See personally hooks and beats are secondary to me.that's why I put people like termanology and cormega above people like jay.he's sold a lot of records sure.that's because he's a pop artist that does pop shit.you couldn't anymore mainstream then him.the only reason he's mentioned so much is because of his sales.he doesn't have the skill of nas nor does he have the passion of 2PAC or even dmx for that matter.as a hip hop fan I don't have to give credit just because someone has sold records.I mean I don't think fans of r and b give credit to boy bands that sell millions.

PsychoToons5150

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #20 on: December 20, 2008, 10:31:01 PM »
Honestly Alot of people might get pissed but I think Crooked I is overrated people act like hes the next greatest thing coming, but the thing is he cant even put out a cd or anything in the stores, I mean shit if your so good prove it put a cd out. also think Jay Z is hella overrated his voice is boring as hell to listen to and he doesnt rap about anything special. those are the only 2 I can think of off the top of my head

Trav Treezy

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #21 on: December 20, 2008, 10:35:52 PM »
I'm not bitching at all lol.what some call the bigger picture I call selling out.your talking about people only listening to beats and hooks not the rhymes.without a hot beat jay is totally uninteresting.but you put someone like Royce or nas or cormega or crooked I and they will still rip their verses.jay is reliant on working with a hot producer.Not to mention the fact I've never heard anyone bite so many lyrics.he constantly uses big rhymes,he's used eminem lines hell he's even used mike shinoda from linkin parks.See personally hooks and beats are secondary to me.that's why I put people like termanology and cormega above people like jay.he's sold a lot of records sure.that's because he's a pop artist that does pop shit.you couldn't anymore mainstream then him.the only reason he's mentioned so much is because of his sales.he doesn't have the skill of nas nor does he have the passion of 2PAC or even dmx for that matter.as a hip hop fan I don't have to give credit just because someone has sold records.I mean I don't think fans of r and b give credit to boy bands that sell millions.

I dont think you listened to hip hop prior to a few years ago. He gave Kanye and just blaze they first hits. I cant argue with a person who says without a hot beat hes uninteresting. You just proved my point about listening to beats instead of words. Ok he borrows lines who doesnt? He sold records cause his shit is hot and he could spit not because he did songs with jlo and mariah carey, Jayz was jayz when he hooked up with linkin park so he didnt sell out. How doesnt he have the passion cause hes not loud and outspoken like dmx? Cause he doesnt rhyme from his stomach like pac and dmx? Cmon dude. Jayz had a line for people like you and imma about to quote it.

Jaydc555

« Reply #22 on: December 20, 2008, 10:39:42 PM »
Yeah yeah do you fools listen to music blah blah.here's another fact jay has limited subject matter.he's boring.of course he picks lil Wayne as a heir because their both pop artist that talk about bullshit.

Jaydc555

« Reply #23 on: December 20, 2008, 10:43:26 PM »
And I'm 24 I've listened to hip hop since I was 9.I own over 2000 albums bought in hip hop alone.I can name 100 mcs better then jay easily.who are more diverse have better lyrics and don't rely on hot beats.black thought gives more purpose in one song then jay does in his entire career.so maybe its you that needs to stop listening to beats and listen to lyrics.because if you did you'd know jay is not that great.

Trav Treezy

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #24 on: December 20, 2008, 10:43:51 PM »
"The flack of the public is nothin/cause i know real niggaz happen to love it
and if you dont like it look in the mirror/most likely you aint live it so you dont get it
you aint did it so you cant vision/the picture im painting aint vivid
the language im spitting is so foreign to ya"

That fits yall to a T

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I Made Jesus Walks/So I Ain't Never Going To Hell
« Reply #25 on: December 20, 2008, 10:50:24 PM »
Yeah yeah do you fools listen to music blah blah.here's another fact jay has limited subject matter.he's boring.of course he picks lil Wayne as a heir because their both pop artist that talk about bullshit.

Shit limited subject matter plagues 90% of hip hop right now.

Trav Treezy

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #26 on: December 20, 2008, 10:51:34 PM »
And I'm 24 I've listened to hip hop since I was 9.I own over 2000 albums bought in hip hop alone.I can name 100 mcs better then jay easily.who are more diverse have better lyrics and don't rely on hot beats.black thought gives more purpose in one song then jay does in his entire career.so maybe its you that needs to stop listening to beats and listen to lyrics.because if you did you'd know jay is not that great.

Hahahaha wow 100 mcs better than jayz huh? With all them albums you still cant figure hip hop out. Talking to you is like talking to a horses ass it aint gonna get it. And your 24 with a hip hop collection that big i dont think youll ever understand it. You dont have to be a jayz fan to tell the real. Kind of how i say game can rap but fakeness,name dropping,and subject matter drowns his skills out. Even though i dont like him i dont front on his skills. You need to do the same brotha

Jaydc555

« Reply #27 on: December 20, 2008, 10:52:24 PM »
That's because hip hop is oversaturated.everybody and their momma thinks they are a rapper.

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I Made Jesus Walks/So I Ain't Never Going To Hell
« Reply #28 on: December 20, 2008, 10:54:42 PM »
That's because hip hop is oversaturated.everybody and their momma thinks they are a rapper.

Limited subject matter is a choice. Knowledge is power. If a mc does not want to broaden they subject matter they have no one to blame but themselves and whatever label told them that shit is the way to go if that shit don't pan out.

ThaRealSupreme

« Reply #29 on: December 20, 2008, 10:56:50 PM »

Limited subject matter is a choice. Knowledge is power. If a mc does not want to broaden they subject matter they have no one to blame but themselves and whatever label told them that shit is the way to go if that shit don't pan out.

That's some real shit
I stand before God when I say that I'm not a facade_Supreme