Author Topic: Overrated Rappers  (Read 1228 times)

Trav Treezy

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Overrated Rappers
« Reply #45 on: December 21, 2008, 12:19:19 PM »
And I'm 24 I've listened to hip hop since I was 9.I own over 2000 albums bought in hip hop alone.I can name 100 mcs better then jay easily.who are more diverse have better lyrics and don't rely on hot beats.black thought gives more purpose in one song then jay does in his entire career.so maybe its you that needs to stop listening to beats and listen to lyrics.because if you did you'd know jay is not that great.

Hahahaha wow 100 mcs better than jayz huh? With all them albums you still cant figure hip hop out. Talking to you is like talking to a horses ass it aint gonna get it. And your 24 with a hip hop collection that big i dont think youll ever understand it. You dont have to be a jayz fan to tell the real. Kind of how i say game can rap but fakeness,name dropping,and subject matter drowns his skills out. Even though i dont like him i dont front on his skills. You need to do the same brotha

game is underated fam...u think he's overated cuz u might spend too much time on this board...and thats not a shot...but facts r facts...he gets no awards no accolades nothing yet he still remains as one of the best out right now...the only concert he headlines are powerhouse and its pretty obvious of y...and i think jay is one of the greatest but by u sayin game has a short subject matter...than u might as well say the same thing about jay and a bunch of other rappers...although we know that aint true i can name so many songs where jay-z subject matter varies...i can do the same 4 game...and in no way shape or form am i comparing the two... miss me wit that he fake stuff...cuz u and whoever u get ya theories on how game lived and lives his life don't and never did personally know em besides that has nothing 2 do with his skills as an mc...and game name drops aight cool...but i bet u the type that thinks artists like ludacris, royce etc are some of the best rappers out when they name drop more than game do...so r u sure your not frontin on his skills...cuz i can bet your whole opinion is contradictory...

If you were talking to me where in my post did i say game was overrated? I admitted the nigga had skills but the shit i named drowns his skills out FOR ME. Thats your opinion bout game but mines is different. It kind of sounded like you were comparing those 2 but you said you werent so ill leave it alone. I dont like royce da 5'9 so i dont think the last part is to me. And i dont got to know game to see all the funny style shit about him and the holes in his backround.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2008, 12:21:38 PM by Trav Treezy »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/ilKxOAEEhKk&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1&quot;" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/ilKxOAEEhKk&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1&quot;</a>

Fuck the rest of that shit listen to Saigon

Maully aka [Fitted Da Boss]

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • Karma is A Bitch...Know That!
« Reply #46 on: December 21, 2008, 01:24:24 PM »
And I'm 24 I've listened to hip hop since I was 9.I own over 2000 albums bought in hip hop alone.I can name 100 mcs better then jay easily.who are more diverse have better lyrics and don't rely on hot beats.black thought gives more purpose in one song then jay does in his entire career.so maybe its you that needs to stop listening to beats and listen to lyrics.because if you did you'd know jay is not that great.

Hahahaha wow 100 mcs better than jayz huh? With all them albums you still cant figure hip hop out. Talking to you is like talking to a horses ass it aint gonna get it. And your 24 with a hip hop collection that big i dont think youll ever understand it. You dont have to be a jayz fan to tell the real. Kind of how i say game can rap but fakeness,name dropping,and subject matter drowns his skills out. Even though i dont like him i dont front on his skills. You need to do the same brotha

game is underated fam...u think he's overated cuz u might spend too much time on this board...and thats not a shot...but facts r facts...he gets no awards no accolades nothing yet he still remains as one of the best out right now...the only concert he headlines are powerhouse and its pretty obvious of y...and i think jay is one of the greatest but by u sayin game has a short subject matter...than u might as well say the same thing about jay and a bunch of other rappers...although we know that aint true i can name so many songs where jay-z subject matter varies...i can do the same 4 game...and in no way shape or form am i comparing the two... miss me wit that he fake stuff...cuz u and whoever u get ya theories on how game lived and lives his life don't and never did personally know em besides that has nothing 2 do with his skills as an mc...and game name drops aight cool...but i bet u the type that thinks artists like ludacris, royce etc are some of the best rappers out when they name drop more than game do...so r u sure your not frontin on his skills...cuz i can bet your whole opinion is contradictory...

If you were talking to me where in my post did i say game was overrated? I admitted the nigga had skills but the shit i named drowns his skills out FOR ME. Thats your opinion bout game but mines is different. It kind of sounded like you were comparing those 2 but you said you werent so ill leave it alone. I dont like royce da 5'9 so i dont think the last part is to me. And i dont got to know game to see all the funny style shit about him and the holes in his backround.

ok u said that all that stuff drowns out his skills..and he has skills which one fam...? basically what im sayin...i think u...and others r jus plain biased...im not tryna say he should be ya favorite rapper or anything...but if u gonna criticize at least have a valid point...thats the only point im tryna make...i dont think theres anything wrong wit name droppn as long as its done right...game, luda and joe budden among others do it right...but dont say game name droppin drowns out his skills...that makes no sense...and i would say the same if the artist we were talkin about was either luda or  budden or anyone else who does the same shit...and im sorry that i dont have 2 know em shit doesnt work cuz u dont know him or the people associated wit em...so u dont know the scenarios that go on...and to my knowledge he does no funny style shit..all he does is put people on and look out 4 his people...so what funny shit r u talkin about i cant blame u tho...all u hear are the people who have so called issues wit him...and u neva hear game address all of them cuz its all bullshit and he doesnt need 2...

----------------
Now playing: The Game - Runnin' (Feat. Tony Yayo)
via FoxyTunes
« Last Edit: December 21, 2008, 01:26:23 PM by Maully aka [Fitted Da Boss] »

Ya Boy Is Off The Wall, These Other Niggas Is Titoooo!

Trav Treezy

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #47 on: December 21, 2008, 03:32:58 PM »

ok u said that all that stuff drowns out his skills..and he has skills which one fam...? basically what im sayin...i think u...and others r jus plain biased...im not tryna say he should be ya favorite rapper or anything...but if u gonna criticize at least have a valid point...thats the only point im tryna make...i dont think theres anything wrong wit name droppn as long as its done right...game, luda and joe budden among others do it right...but dont say game name droppin drowns out his skills...that makes no sense...and i would say the same if the artist we were talkin about was either luda or  budden or anyone else who does the same shit...and im sorry that i dont have 2 know em shit doesnt work cuz u dont know him or the people associated wit em...so u dont know the scenarios that go on...and to my knowledge he does no funny style shit..all he does is put people on and look out 4 his people...so what funny shit r u talkin about i cant blame u tho...all u hear are the people who have so called issues wit him...and u neva hear game address all of them cuz its all bullshit and he doesnt need 2...

----------------
via FoxyTunes

Its both like i said it drowns out his skills TO ME. Just cause he can spit i have to be a fan? Hell no. Ok ok act like you dont see him on change of heart when he was suppose to be gangbangin,act like you dont see him get extra animated with the gangsta image,act like you dont see the weird nigga breakin down basketball rims when its suppose to be beef. Act like you dont hear him talkin this og in the hood before he was 22 shit but yet when them gunit niggaz lit that blackwall up what did he do? Go to the studio and diss niggaz. And o yeah i suppose you dont remember what happened with memphis bleek in miami when bleek confronted him either. And game was asked about it on Envys show and he never denied it and his answer as to why it didnt pop off was very hoish. Game could be gay and you wouldnt give a fuck,you make dude seem like he a GOD to you or something. The hoish ways is out there for everybody to see some people choose to ignore it not me thats my choice not to ignore it and yours is to ignore it. Just continue to wash over all the bullshit he does. He can pull a gun out on a nigga at a basketball game yet he cant do it to spider loc in a piru hood. See where im getting at? He picks and chooses who he thinks he can get a name off of.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/ilKxOAEEhKk&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1&quot;" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/ilKxOAEEhKk&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1&quot;</a>

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #48 on: December 21, 2008, 03:34:59 PM »

----------------
via FoxyTunes

Its both like i said it drowns out his skills TO ME. Just cause he can spit i have to be a fan? Hell no. Ok ok act like you dont see him on change of heart when he was suppose to be gangbangin,act like you dont see him get extra animated with the gangsta image,act like you dont see the weird nigga breakin down basketball rims when its suppose to be beef. Act like you dont hear him talkin this og in the hood before he was 22 shit but yet when them gunit niggaz lit that blackwall up what did he do? Go to the studio and diss niggaz. And o yeah i suppose you dont remember what happened with memphis bleek in miami when bleek confronted him either. And game was asked about it on Envys show and he never denied it and his answer as to why it didnt pop off was very hoish. Game could be gay and you wouldnt give a fuck,you make dude seem like he a GOD to you or something. The hoish ways is out there for everybody to see some people choose to ignore it not me thats my choice not to ignore it and yours is to ignore it. Just continue to wash over all the bullshit he does. He can pull a gun out on a nigga at a basketball game yet he cant do it to spider loc in a piru hood. See where im getting at? He picks and chooses who he thinks he can get a name off of.

Stop Yelling at him on the internet.

ToOoOoN!!!

« Reply #49 on: December 21, 2008, 03:48:53 PM »

funny thing here : you talk about jay-z/linkin park, Black Thought did  colaborate with linkin park also  ;) and i must say IT'S SOME BANGING SHIT!

westsiderider323

« Reply #50 on: December 21, 2008, 04:18:11 PM »
IMO jay-z is boring i guess you would say hes overrated

LAC/EASTSIDE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • BORN AND RAISED IN THE SC to BG
« Reply #51 on: December 21, 2008, 05:01:36 PM »
Plain And Simple!!

50 CENT? WAS DOPE AT FIRST BUT JUST LIKE SNOOP! HE SOLD OUT! MAYBE COULD HAVE BEEN KNOWN AS A BETTER RAPPER! CLEVER GUY WITH HIS LYRICS!

JAY-Z? DEFINATELY OVERATED! NOT SAYING HE IS WACK CUZ I HEARD GOOD SHIT! BUT THE BEST OF ALL TIME? I CAN NAME 5 RAPPERS BETTER THAN HIM AT LEAST! hE SELLS RECORD BECAUSE OF HIS FAME! HIS MONEY! TRUE THAT HE WAS A NOBODY UNTIL PAC AND BIGGIE DIED! IT TOOK THAT FOOL 5 ALBUMS TO ACTUALLY GET SERIOUS PROPS! OVERRATED FOR SHIZZLE! i HATE HIS STYLE ALSO! IF YOU WANT TO BE THE GREATEST OF ALL TIME YOU NEED TO GET PROPS FROM ALL NATION! I KNOW MANY HIP HOP HEADS IN CALI THAT DONT EVEN OWN A JAY-Z CD! AND REGARDLESS OF THE BEEF WITH PAC, MANY PEOPLE LOVED BIGGIE IN CALI! JAY-Z IS NOT THE GREATEST AND EVEN IF HIS MUSIC IS OFF THE TOP, HE SHOULD STOP DOING THAT CUZ THAT DONT MAKE HIM THE GREATEST AND HIS TIMING IN HIS FLOW SOUND WACK PROOBABLY BECAUSE HE TRIES TO FREESTYLE WHICH I DOUBT! YOU CANT BE THE BEST EITHER IF YOU GET MURDERED BY NAS AND EMINEM! IT WAS NOT EVEN CLOSE! IT WAS RIDICULOUS HOW BAD HE WAS OUTSHINED! THE ONLY THING THAT MAKES HIM A LEGEND IS HIS LONGEVITY. THATS IT!

BIGGIE? EASILY ONE OF THE GREATEST OF ALL TIME! YOU KNEW HE HAD SKILL AND CAN RAP ABOUT ANYTHING! TOO BAD HE DID NOT GET A CHANCE TO PROVE HIMSELF MORE! BIGGIE IS PROBABLY MY FAVORITE MC FROM EAST NEXT TO NAS AND WU!
"Ask me why I'm high and my reply, till the day I die. Don't want to picture this cold world with sober eyes"

LAC/EASTSIDE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • BORN AND RAISED IN THE SC to BG
« Reply #52 on: December 21, 2008, 05:05:54 PM »
I'm not bitching at all lol.what some call the bigger picture I call selling out.your talking about people only listening to beats and hooks not the rhymes.without a hot beat jay is totally uninteresting.but you put someone like Royce or nas or cormega or crooked I and they will still rip their verses.jay is reliant on working with a hot producer.Not to mention the fact I've never heard anyone bite so many lyrics.he constantly uses big rhymes,he's used eminem lines hell he's even used mike shinoda from linkin parks.See personally hooks and beats are secondary to me.that's why I put people like termanology and cormega above people like jay.he's sold a lot of records sure.that's because he's a pop artist that does pop shit.you couldn't anymore mainstream then him.the only reason he's mentioned so much is because of his sales.he doesn't have the skill of nas nor does he have the passion of 2PAC or even dmx for that matter.as a hip hop fan I don't have to give credit just because someone has sold records.I mean I don't think fans of r and b give credit to boy bands that sell millions.

I dont think you listened to hip hop prior to a few years ago. He gave Kanye and just blaze they first hits. I cant argue with a person who says without a hot beat hes uninteresting. You just proved my point about listening to beats instead of words. Ok he borrows lines who doesnt? He sold records cause his shit is hot and he could spit not because he did songs with jlo and mariah carey, Jayz was jayz when he hooked up with linkin park so he didnt sell out. How doesnt he have the passion cause hes not loud and outspoken like dmx? Cause he doesnt rhyme from his stomach like pac and dmx? Cmon dude. Jayz had a line for people like you and imma about to quote it.

HE HAD A LINE FOR PEOPLE LIKE US BECAUSE HE HEARD CRTICIZM A BILLION TIMES ALREADY! HA HA HA! HE IS OVERRATED! AND KANYE PUT HIMSELF OUT! JAY-Z DIDNT EVEN GIVE HIM THE CHANCE! KANYE IS A SELL OUT ALSO!
"Ask me why I'm high and my reply, till the day I die. Don't want to picture this cold world with sober eyes"

DaGChild

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #53 on: December 21, 2008, 05:45:19 PM »
My overrated list...

Jay-Z - Average lyrically, average flow but he does what he needs to do to be commercially successful and that is write good hooks, and selects catchy beats.

Jadakiss - Always felt he was overrated, never felt his flow was great.

M.O.P. - Can they switch up styles besides screaming over every beat?

Lil Wayne - How did he get labeled in the lyricist in the first place?

Trav Treezy

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #54 on: December 21, 2008, 06:06:21 PM »
I'm not bitching at all lol.what some call the bigger picture I call selling out.your talking about people only listening to beats and hooks not the rhymes.without a hot beat jay is totally uninteresting.but you put someone like Royce or nas or cormega or crooked I and they will still rip their verses.jay is reliant on working with a hot producer.Not to mention the fact I've never heard anyone bite so many lyrics.he constantly uses big rhymes,he's used eminem lines hell he's even used mike shinoda from linkin parks.See personally hooks and beats are secondary to me.that's why I put people like termanology and cormega above people like jay.he's sold a lot of records sure.that's because he's a pop artist that does pop shit.you couldn't anymore mainstream then him.the only reason he's mentioned so much is because of his sales.he doesn't have the skill of nas nor does he have the passion of 2PAC or even dmx for that matter.as a hip hop fan I don't have to give credit just because someone has sold records.I mean I don't think fans of r and b give credit to boy bands that sell millions.

I dont think you listened to hip hop prior to a few years ago. He gave Kanye and just blaze they first hits. I cant argue with a person who says without a hot beat hes uninteresting. You just proved my point about listening to beats instead of words. Ok he borrows lines who doesnt? He sold records cause his shit is hot and he could spit not because he did songs with jlo and mariah carey, Jayz was jayz when he hooked up with linkin park so he didnt sell out. How doesnt he have the passion cause hes not loud and outspoken like dmx? Cause he doesnt rhyme from his stomach like pac and dmx? Cmon dude. Jayz had a line for people like you and imma about to quote it.

HE HAD A LINE FOR PEOPLE LIKE US BECAUSE HE HEARD CRTICIZM A BILLION TIMES ALREADY! HA HA HA! HE IS OVERRATED! AND KANYE PUT HIMSELF OUT! JAY-Z DIDNT EVEN GIVE HIM THE CHANCE! KANYE IS A SELL OUT ALSO!

Im talking he put him mainstream as far as beats dummy. I don't think jayz come in contact with people like you cause i dont so i know he dont.  Hahaha its funny all your favorite rappers give him his credit and bite his style in some ways yet you the fan cant see it. I wish hip hop had fans like we had in the old days nowadays niggaz come str8 out of utah actin like they know hip hop.

Do Dirty

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #55 on: December 21, 2008, 06:52:00 PM »
I like 50 back when he did that track with Oynx called React. I have that album and didn't even realize it was him until a year I was watching that video and paying attending to the words on youtube.
"You got problems with the punk police, don't run from the chumps get the pump from me"

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #56 on: December 21, 2008, 07:08:07 PM »
Yall need serious guidance

Maully aka [Fitted Da Boss]

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • Karma is A Bitch...Know That!
« Reply #57 on: December 21, 2008, 07:32:19 PM »

----------------
via FoxyTunes

u act like he didnt get shot in a dope spot...regardless of the reason u dont know about him jus standin in front of an apartment building and gettin shot @...or gettin in his whip and his rear view gettin shot off by a nigga wit a 12 guage this shit happened...him bein on a game show dont mean shit...thats what 1hr of his life...? tookie was on a game show 2 nigga...all that shit aint real anyway...but i do agree that i that shit was funny...breakin down basketball rims...? wtf u complainin about dog...they was obviously jus vandelizin his shit 2 have fun...u over examine things...g-unit aint shoot nothin...nigga cops shot his homie...so stop lettin these cornballs lie 2 u...u heard the audio of his bodyguards rushin him out the back door...so we know damn well it wasnt his body guards...or goons...i know nothing about that bleek shit...and anyway that dispute was over the name get low when he was signed 2 jt...so it wasnt no when i c u ima shoot u shit...so idk what u gettin at...he neva got into it wit spider in no piru hood so wtf r u talkin about...no i dont ignore anything i see when he put his hands op people they run their mouths or make youtube videos about how they gonna kill him now after they got knocked out in a club...not 2 mention he on probation...thats what i see...i hear people threatin him...but know where he live @...so miss me wit all that hoe shit...cuz all the shit u speakin on...is rap shit...if it was real street beef...they know where 2 find him or vice versa...u dont mention when he rushed the stage when buck was on the stage at vegas tho did u...so jus as i thought...everything u said was rumors and bullshit...and know he aint no god 2 me...so idk y u would say somethin so retarded...jus cuz im confrontin u about him dont mean i think that highly of the dude the minute me or somebody else defends a statement about someone they feel is wrong they are automatically a groupie or watever::)...i would be wrong if i was 2 verbally diss u...but im not goin that route ima keep this civil...
« Last Edit: December 21, 2008, 07:34:03 PM by Maully aka [Fitted Da Boss] »

Ya Boy Is Off The Wall, These Other Niggas Is Titoooo!

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #58 on: December 21, 2008, 08:06:55 PM »
90% of WestCoast music is overrated (old & new).  It's time to move on to the new shit in 09'

Fatdodger

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • WHUT UP FRED
« Reply #59 on: December 21, 2008, 09:08:46 PM »
Bishop Lamont He hasnt even done anything and people put him up there like he's been around forever.

REAL WESTCOAST G

I REP THAT WEST