Author Topic: Overrated Rappers  (Read 1251 times)

Trav Treezy

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Overrated Rappers
« Reply #60 on: December 22, 2008, 09:31:56 AM »
And I'm 24 I've listened to hip hop since I was 9.I own over 2000 albums bought in hip hop alone.I can name 100 mcs better then jay easily.who are more diverse have better lyrics and don't rely on hot beats.black thought gives more purpose in one song then jay does in his entire career.so maybe its you that needs to stop listening to beats and listen to lyrics.because if you did you'd know jay is not that great.

Hahahaha wow 100 mcs better than jayz huh? With all them albums you still cant figure hip hop out. Talking to you is like talking to a horses ass it aint gonna get it. And your 24 with a hip hop collection that big i dont think youll ever understand it. You dont have to be a jayz fan to tell the real. Kind of how i say game can rap but fakeness,name dropping,and subject matter drowns his skills out. Even though i dont like him i dont front on his skills. You need to do the same brotha

game is underated fam...u think he's overated cuz u might spend too much time on this board...and thats not a shot...but facts r facts...he gets no awards no accolades nothing yet he still remains as one of the best out right now...the only concert he headlines are powerhouse and its pretty obvious of y...and i think jay is one of the greatest but by u sayin game has a short subject matter...than u might as well say the same thing about jay and a bunch of other rappers...although we know that aint true i can name so many songs where jay-z subject matter varies...i can do the same 4 game...and in no way shape or form am i comparing the two... miss me wit that he fake stuff...cuz u and whoever u get ya theories on how game lived and lives his life don't and never did personally know em besides that has nothing 2 do with his skills as an mc...and game name drops aight cool...but i bet u the type that thinks artists like ludacris, royce etc are some of the best rappers out when they name drop more than game do...so r u sure your not frontin on his skills...cuz i can bet your whole opinion is contradictory...

If you were talking to me where in my post did i say game was overrated? I admitted the nigga had skills but the shit i named drowns his skills out FOR ME. Thats your opinion bout game but mines is different. It kind of sounded like you were comparing those 2 but you said you werent so ill leave it alone. I dont like royce da 5'9 so i dont think the last part is to me. And i dont got to know game to see all the funny style shit about him and the holes in his backround.

ok u said that all that stuff drowns out his skills..and he has skills which one fam...? basically what im sayin...i think u...and others r jus plain biased...im not tryna say he should be ya favorite rapper or anything...but if u gonna criticize at least have a valid point...thats the only point im tryna make...i dont think theres anything wrong wit name droppn as long as its done right...game, luda and joe budden among others do it right...but dont say game name droppin drowns out his skills...that makes no sense...and i would say the same if the artist we were talkin about was either luda or  budden or anyone else who does the same shit...and im sorry that i dont have 2 know em shit doesnt work cuz u dont know him or the people associated wit em...so u dont know the scenarios that go on...and to my knowledge he does no funny style shit..all he does is put people on and look out 4 his people...so what funny shit r u talkin about i cant blame u tho...all u hear are the people who have so called issues wit him...and u neva hear game address all of them cuz its all bullshit and he doesnt need 2...

----------------
Now playing: The Game - Runnin' (Feat. Tony Yayo)
via FoxyTunes

Its both like i said it drowns out his skills TO ME. Just cause he can spit i have to be a fan? Hell no. Ok ok act like you dont see him on change of heart when he was suppose to be gangbangin,act like you dont see him get extra animated with the gangsta image,act like you dont see the weird nigga breakin down basketball rims when its suppose to be beef. Act like you dont hear him talkin this og in the hood before he was 22 shit but yet when them gunit niggaz lit that blackwall up what did he do? Go to the studio and diss niggaz. And o yeah i suppose you dont remember what happened with memphis bleek in miami when bleek confronted him either. And game was asked about it on Envys show and he never denied it and his answer as to why it didnt pop off was very hoish. Game could be gay and you wouldnt give a fuck,you make dude seem like he a GOD to you or something. The hoish ways is out there for everybody to see some people choose to ignore it not me thats my choice not to ignore it and yours is to ignore it. Just continue to wash over all the bullshit he does. He can pull a gun out on a nigga at a basketball game yet he cant do it to spider loc in a piru hood. See where im getting at? He picks and chooses who he thinks he can get a name off of.

u act like he didnt get shot in a dope spot... So the fuck what he got shot bitch niggaz get shot all the time does that make him g? regardless of the reason u dont know about him jus standin in front of an apartment building and gettin shot @...or gettin in his whip and his rear view gettin shot off by a nigga wit a 12 guage this shit happened... You think that happened cause he said that. You know he got a track record for lying so I doubt that shit even happen with the 12 gauge but the apartment shit could be true but wasn't he with Fase the real banger? him bein on a game show dont mean shit...thats what 1hr of his life...? tookie was on a game show 2 nigga... And tookie was keepin it G please don't compare the 2 you disrespecting his grave.all that shit aint real anyway...but i do agree that i that shit was funny...breakin down basketball rims...? wtf u complainin about dog...they was obviously jus vandelizin his shit 2 have fun... you havin fun after them niggaz done shot your homeboy? Cmon nigga you know you wrong for that.u over examine things...g-unit aint shoot nothin...nigga cops shot his homie...so stop lettin these cornballs lie 2 u...u heard the audio of his bodyguards rushin him out the back door... Hahahaha stop it if the cops shot the bitch nigga why would they run? The cops would clear the scene and get them up outta there. Who's stays around after a nigga got shot. How you know the cops shot him? Cause Game said so? Hahaha. so we know damn well it wasnt his body guards...or goons...i know nothing about that bleek shit...and anyway that dispute was over the name get low when he was signed 2 jt...so it wasnt no when i c u ima shoot u shit... Why he keep Bleek dick in his mouth then? There was 2 different times the one im talking bout happened over a diss song where he said you don't see bleek in marcy. so idk what u gettin at...he neva got into it wit spider in no piru hood so wtf r u talkin about... Yes the fuck he did when spider was shooting a movie in wsp hood nigga get your facts right he tried to peace things. Young Hootie was there. no i dont ignore anything i see when he put his hands op people they run their mouths or make youtube videos about how they gonna kill him now after they got knocked out in a club... Ras Kass aint not rah rah nigga so he gets no strips for that. When he does it to a real banger ill give it a look.not 2 mention he on probation... Hahaha white boys are on probation to and he on probation for some bitch shit. Spider loc got 2 strikes and 211 got 1 what's your point? thats what i see...i hear people threatin him...but know where he live @...so miss me wit all that hoe shit...cuz all the shit u speakin on...is rap shit...if it was real street beef...they know where 2 find him or vice versa... Nah the gunit is real shit that's why there side is always the victim. u dont mention when he rushed the stage when buck was on the stage at vegas tho did u...hahahahaha he suppose to rush the stage when its 30000 people in there knowing there's security there to stop it hahahaha cmon dude. But when Buck and 1 of his homies were in new york and had to walk through 45 blackwallstreet niggaz he don't get a gunot,a fuck you,or air blew on him. And this is fact cause magic confirmed it ill post it later if you like.so jus as i thought...everything u said was rumors and bullshit... yea continue to ignore it brotha. and know he aint no god 2 me...so idk y u would say somethin so retarded...jus cuz im confrontin u about him dont mean i think that highly of the dude the minute me or somebody else defends a statement about someone they feel is wrong they are automatically a groupie or watever::)...i would be wrong if i was 2 verbally diss u...but im not goin that route ima keep this civil... You can diss if you like but you seem to be different from the other game fans that's why I won't disrespect you. And there's plenty more hoe shit like 2 teez squeezing something like 30g'z out of him and said he wasn't gonna leave his house till he got it.

My response is in the quote dude. Couldn't remember all of it so I did it like that.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/ilKxOAEEhKk&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1&quot;" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/ilKxOAEEhKk&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1&quot;</a>

Fuck the rest of that shit listen to Saigon

Jaydc555

« Reply #61 on: December 22, 2008, 10:53:08 AM »
I had a suspicion this thread would turn out to be just pointless arguements.I had hope it wouldn't...

Philip1123

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #62 on: December 22, 2008, 12:00:48 PM »
Notorious BIG
Jay Z
The Game - I can think of at least 20 West Coast rappers that make better albums than he does.

Snoop Dogg - Waaaaay overrated since after tha Last Meal.

I wouldn't call 50 Cent overrated since I don't think many people think of his as a supreme rapper. although he has tons of fan all over the world. He's just an entertainer, that's all.

the ghost

« Reply #63 on: December 22, 2008, 02:47:08 PM »

snoop Dogg - Waaaaay overrated since after tha Last Meal.

Nail on the head

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #64 on: December 22, 2008, 05:11:36 PM »
The only thing bad that happend 2 tha rap game wasn't the "extra" music being put out (singles).  It was just that tha "fan"s lost intrest and had nothing to talk about.  But what really fucks it out is that "they" dont understand The Market .  This isn't Jay Leno's crowd anymore, Snoop will be a grandFather soon lol, and McDonalds isn't the only place you can get a double cheesburger for a dollar anymore.  I guess we could keep these boards on here forever by re-hashing up the old shit but then why have the mods keep 30 or 40 topics on complaining about the new shit.  delete them bitches, if more people go then fuck it, do some promo on other sites and keep it movin'.

considered:

- How will they "package/display/sell" that artist.  All 3
- What audience "boundary line" they can pass.  Will a Hip Hop artist be able to sell to a Toby Keith fan or an Opera/Theatre Junky.  (Nelly, Jim Jones, Snoop).  Ain't nothin' wrong with gettin' mainstream.  They are grown ass men and women they do whatever the fuck they feel.
- What artist can they use to pay for the next artists' budget. 
- What can the youth listen to so that they dont have to listen to all of the depressing truths of society and violence all at one time.  What parent wants their child listening to Spider Loc' rather than Lil' Mama or Lil' Romeo?
- What artist can help break ground to help branch out hip hop, so that it can be incorporated in the future of music.  Hip Hop came from James Brown and the Blues.

- remember when shit like this wasn't excepted in the mainstream?  now it's global.  u white folx in Norway werent raised off this shit in 95' lol.  Or lol its way more better than Kangaroo Jack lol.

« Last Edit: December 22, 2008, 06:03:57 PM by BiggBoogaBiff »

Maully aka [Fitted Da Boss]

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • Karma is A Bitch...Know That!
« Reply #65 on: December 22, 2008, 06:59:35 PM »

My response is in the quote dude. Couldn't remember all of it so I did it like that.

ima try 2 keep this as small as possible...cuz we gettin off topic...and this will be the last post regarding this...

u makin a lot of excuses nigga...no him gettin shot does not make him a g...but he got shot over his stash...so this is not jus another bitch nigga case...keep it real..u jus like frontin on dude...u know all this shit that im sayin...and he's not the only one who said that 12 guage shit happened...u talkin about he got a track record for lying...nigga every rapper exaggerates..as official as 50 is...everybody from his hood will tell u that he fought...and didnt really shoot anybody...and i was in no way comparing him 2 tookie...dont jump 2 conclusions...the point is...the stupid game show dont mean shit...and please stop makin excuses nigga...u suppose 2 be a hood nigga right? well u know as well as i do...that if u run ya mouth...u betta back it up...he talked tuff he got knocked out period(referring 2 rass kass) and the dude @ the park where he punched i heard he was from fruit town so again stop frontin on dude he not even bangin anymore so he dont even gotta put himself in that position 2 where as he has 2 punch another gang member in the face or wateva thats  y  dont c spi, glasses, jay rock etc gettin into gang shit...and of course he ran from the cops nigga...they cops...they charged them and they left off a round and it bounced in hit dude in the leg they left immediatley after...lol u said im actin like he god or somethin...u actin like a groupie right now my nigga...u heard the footage...nuff said..o yea i 4got about that spi shit...but that was back when game tried not that g-unit shit fuck they relationship up...he tried 2 peace wit spi cuz they was homies...game had spi surrounded by pirus b4 the g-unit shit so he could get bullets 4 his gun...thats how tight him and game were...thats y on 360 b4 240 bars he was like "cuz know wassup blood still got love 4 him...he come on brazil i'll shake off the rug 4 em"  and in that video crack was said that game here yall can squabble if yall want...aint none of that shit go down...so that info was irrelevant...and fyi...game dont fuck wit 2 teez anymore...somebody always makin up shit about him gettin extorted...2 teez was his bodyguard...lol he gave dude that chain that dr. dre gave em and everything...they even said he got extorted by 60's 2 fuck wit nipsey...and nima asked em about it and nipsey shot that rumor down...told u dog...that shit u talkin is rumors and bs ock...i mean no disrespect btw...still keepin it civil... ;D

tried 2 make it shorter...lol

----------------
Now playing: Nipsey Hussle - Paid My Dues
via FoxyTunes

« Last Edit: December 22, 2008, 07:02:39 PM by Maully aka [Fitted Da Boss] »

Ya Boy Is Off The Wall, These Other Niggas Is Titoooo!

LAC/EASTSIDE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • BORN AND RAISED IN THE SC to BG
« Reply #66 on: December 22, 2008, 10:21:51 PM »
I'm not bitching at all lol.what some call the bigger picture I call selling out.your talking about people only listening to beats and hooks not the rhymes.without a hot beat jay is totally uninteresting.but you put someone like Royce or nas or cormega or crooked I and they will still rip their verses.jay is reliant on working with a hot producer.Not to mention the fact I've never heard anyone bite so many lyrics.he constantly uses big rhymes,he's used eminem lines hell he's even used mike shinoda from linkin parks.See personally hooks and beats are secondary to me.that's why I put people like termanology and cormega above people like jay.he's sold a lot of records sure.that's because he's a pop artist that does pop shit.you couldn't anymore mainstream then him.the only reason he's mentioned so much is because of his sales.he doesn't have the skill of nas nor does he have the passion of 2PAC or even dmx for that matter.as a hip hop fan I don't have to give credit just because someone has sold records.I mean I don't think fans of r and b give credit to boy bands that sell millions.

I dont think you listened to hip hop prior to a few years ago. He gave Kanye and just blaze they first hits. I cant argue with a person who says without a hot beat hes uninteresting. You just proved my point about listening to beats instead of words. Ok he borrows lines who doesnt? He sold records cause his shit is hot and he could spit not because he did songs with jlo and mariah carey, Jayz was jayz when he hooked up with linkin park so he didnt sell out. How doesnt he have the passion cause hes not loud and outspoken like dmx? Cause he doesnt rhyme from his stomach like pac and dmx? Cmon dude. Jayz had a line for people like you and imma about to quote it.

HE HAD A LINE FOR PEOPLE LIKE US BECAUSE HE HEARD CRTICIZM A BILLION TIMES ALREADY! HA HA HA! HE IS OVERRATED! AND KANYE PUT HIMSELF OUT! JAY-Z DIDNT EVEN GIVE HIM THE CHANCE! KANYE IS A SELL OUT ALSO!

Im talking he put him mainstream as far as beats dummy. I don't think jayz come in contact with people like you cause i dont so i know he dont.  Hahaha its funny all your favorite rappers give him his credit and bite his style in some ways yet you the fan cant see it. I wish hip hop had fans like we had in the old days nowadays niggaz come str8 out of utah actin like they know hip hop.
FUck His Beatz! That dont mean shit! Jay has used beatz from other producers and they never made it big! Jay-Z used his beats for his own personal interest! Kanye made himself and his beatz known when he came out on his own! Point Blank!! Plus that shit aint go nothing to do wit Jay being overrated DUMMY!!
"Ask me why I'm high and my reply, till the day I die. Don't want to picture this cold world with sober eyes"

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #67 on: December 22, 2008, 10:50:00 PM »
I'm not bitching at all lol.what some call the bigger picture I call selling out.your talking about people only listening to beats and hooks not the rhymes.without a hot beat jay is totally uninteresting.but you put someone like Royce or nas or cormega or crooked I and they will still rip their verses.jay is reliant on working with a hot producer.Not to mention the fact I've never heard anyone bite so many lyrics.he constantly uses big rhymes,he's used eminem lines hell he's even used mike shinoda from linkin parks.See personally hooks and beats are secondary to me.that's why I put people like termanology and cormega above people like jay.he's sold a lot of records sure.that's because he's a pop artist that does pop shit.you couldn't anymore mainstream then him.the only reason he's mentioned so much is because of his sales.he doesn't have the skill of nas nor does he have the passion of 2PAC or even dmx for that matter.as a hip hop fan I don't have to give credit just because someone has sold records.I mean I don't think fans of r and b give credit to boy bands that sell millions.

I dont think you listened to hip hop prior to a few years ago. He gave Kanye and just blaze they first hits. I cant argue with a person who says without a hot beat hes uninteresting. You just proved my point about listening to beats instead of words. Ok he borrows lines who doesnt? He sold records cause his shit is hot and he could spit not because he did songs with jlo and mariah carey, Jayz was jayz when he hooked up with linkin park so he didnt sell out. How doesnt he have the passion cause hes not loud and outspoken like dmx? Cause he doesnt rhyme from his stomach like pac and dmx? Cmon dude. Jayz had a line for people like you and imma about to quote it.

HE HAD A LINE FOR PEOPLE LIKE US BECAUSE HE HEARD CRTICIZM A BILLION TIMES ALREADY! HA HA HA! HE IS OVERRATED! AND KANYE PUT HIMSELF OUT! JAY-Z DIDNT EVEN GIVE HIM THE CHANCE! KANYE IS A SELL OUT ALSO!

Im talking he put him mainstream as far as beats dummy. I don't think jayz come in contact with people like you cause i dont so i know he dont.  Hahaha its funny all your favorite rappers give him his credit and bite his style in some ways yet you the fan cant see it. I wish hip hop had fans like we had in the old days nowadays niggaz come str8 out of utah actin like they know hip hop.
FUck His Beatz! That dont mean shit! Jay has used beatz from other producers and they never made it big! Jay-Z used his beats for his own personal interest! Kanye made himself and his beatz known when he came out on his own! Point Blank!! Plus that shit aint go nothing to do wit Jay being overrated DUMMY!!

wtf r u talkin about b...?  ::)kanye was known for his production b4 he "put himself out"...beanie sigel the truth, this can't be life, izzo, scarface's guess who's back...dude do u know wat u talkin about...?

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #68 on: December 22, 2008, 10:54:18 PM »

none of u bitches kno wat u r talkin about

Trav Treezy

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #69 on: December 23, 2008, 04:03:21 AM »

ima try 2 keep this as small as possible...cuz we gettin off topic...and this will be the last post regarding this...

u makin a lot of excuses nigga...no him gettin shot does not make him a g...but he got shot over his stash...so this is not jus another bitch nigga case...keep it real..u jus like frontin on dude...u know all this shit that im sayin...and he's not the only one who said that 12 guage shit happened...u talkin about he got a track record for lying...nigga every rapper exaggerates..as official as 50 is...everybody from his hood will tell u that he fought...and didnt really shoot anybody...and i was in no way comparing him 2 tookie...dont jump 2 conclusions...the point is...the stupid game show dont mean shit...and please stop makin excuses nigga...u suppose 2 be a hood nigga right? well u know as well as i do...that if u run ya mouth...u betta back it up...he talked tuff he got knocked out period(referring 2 rass kass) and the dude @ the park where he punched i heard he was from fruit town so again stop frontin on dude he not even bangin anymore so he dont even gotta put himself in that position 2 where as he has 2 punch another gang member in the face or wateva thats  y  dont c spi, glasses, jay rock etc gettin into gang shit...and of course he ran from the cops nigga...they cops...they charged them and they left off a round and it bounced in hit dude in the leg they left immediatley after...lol u said im actin like he god or somethin...u actin like a groupie right now my nigga...u heard the footage...nuff said..o yea i 4got about that spi shit...but that was back when game tried not that g-unit shit fuck they relationship up...he tried 2 peace wit spi cuz they was homies...game had spi surrounded by pirus b4 the g-unit shit so he could get bullets 4 his gun...thats how tight him and game were...thats y on 360 b4 240 bars he was like "cuz know wassup blood still got love 4 him...he come on brazil i'll shake off the rug 4 em"  and in that video crack was said that game here yall can squabble if yall want...aint none of that shit go down...so that info was irrelevant...and fyi...game dont fuck wit 2 teez anymore...somebody always makin up shit about him gettin extorted...2 teez was his bodyguard...lol he gave dude that chain that dr. dre gave em and everything...they even said he got extorted by 60's 2 fuck wit nipsey...and nima asked em about it and nipsey shot that rumor down...told u dog...that shit u talkin is rumors and bs ock...i mean no disrespect btw...still keepin it civil... ;D

----------------
via FoxyTunes

Excuses? Hahahha never if the nigga is g ill admit it but you know the nigga is suspect. Im frontin on him cause his gangsta is suspect. What does the gauge shit mean? B Fly got shot too.  50 rarely say i shot this nigga its always ill clap a nigga if. Even me saying that i believe he let off in a few situations. A niggaz from his hood will tell you he aint soft even niggaz who got beef with him. The same thing with spi but ask game people and theyll give you a whole different lifestyle then what hes portraying today. You know like i do niggaz cant front on your gangsta if your really bout that.Theyll give it up then at the end say so what he still pussy. My thing about the show you can see his whole swag was different then a street nigga and you know it too. Ill give it to him he got off on ras kass. He said something about his kids so he got at em. But Spider Loc brought his moms into it and nothing happens. And spi and white boy stay seeing each other. Im talking about why would 50 run if cops were on his team? Game suppose to tell you that. Ms.Jones will tell you that aint no cops shot that boy hahahhaa. A groupie for who? Im just givin what i see and hear brotha. No groupie shit over here. Nah that 200 bars shit was already out when he tried to peace it up. Yea and spi kept suge and plenty of other niggaz of his ass too so he should be able to do atleast that for him. I know 2 teez dont fuck with him thats what he told game when they got into they little thing. The info is very relevant. I never heard about the 60's thing until nipsey's interview so i never payed that no mind. And if i really was tryin to front on game i would bring up he was a stripper hahahha. But i got to see it to believe it,so with that said theres no frontin on my behalf. Like i said a respect you more than the rest of the game fans up here you come off as official and you put up good arguements.

And while we were on nipsey i see everybody fuckin wit em now,i heard a few joints from him and he was cool but didnt see why everybody was on him. If you could direct me to a mixtape or some hot joints of his.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/ilKxOAEEhKk&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1&quot;" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/ilKxOAEEhKk&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1&quot;</a>

Trav Treezy

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #70 on: December 23, 2008, 04:20:02 AM »

What other producers beatz did he use and the producer tried to rap? Your a clown. And its clear you havent listened to hip hop that long. So im through with this situation cause you dont know shit.

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #71 on: December 23, 2008, 12:13:26 PM »

----------------
via FoxyTunes

Excuses? Hahahha never if the nigga is g ill admit it but you know the nigga is suspect. Im frontin on him cause his gangsta is suspect. What does the gauge shit mean? B Fly got shot too.  50 rarely say i shot this nigga its always ill clap a nigga if. Even me saying that i believe he let off in a few situations. A niggaz from his hood will tell you he aint soft even niggaz who got beef with him. The same thing with spi but ask game people and theyll give you a whole different lifestyle then what hes portraying today. You know like i do niggaz cant front on your gangsta if your really bout that.Theyll give it up then at the end say so what he still pussy. My thing about the show you can see his whole swag was different then a street nigga and you know it too. Ill give it to him he got off on ras kass. He said something about his kids so he got at em. But Spider Loc brought his moms into it and nothing happens. And spi and white boy stay seeing each other. Im talking about why would 50 run if cops were on his team? Game suppose to tell you that. Ms.Jones will tell you that aint no cops shot that boy hahahhaa. A groupie for who? Im just givin what i see and hear brotha. No groupie shit over here. Nah that 200 bars shit was already out when he tried to peace it up. Yea and spi kept suge and plenty of other niggaz of his ass too so he should be able to do atleast that for him. I know 2 teez dont fuck with him thats what he told game when they got into they little thing. The info is very relevant. I never heard about the 60's thing until nipsey's interview so i never payed that no mind. And if i really was tryin to front on game i would bring up he was a stripper hahahha. But i got to see it to believe it,so with that said theres no frontin on my behalf. Like i said a respect you more than the rest of the game fans up here you come off as official and you put up good arguements.

And while we were on nipsey i see everybody fuckin wit em now,i heard a few joints from him and he was cool but didnt see why everybody was on him. If you could direct me to a mixtape or some hot joints of his.

when u live in a city like l.a. and compton it dont take much 2 know who the enemy is when it comes 2 bangin...(assuming thats the only reason a guy would shoot @ him in broad daylight) that shit happens u dont have 2 be on some big evil or monster kody type shit...but if u live in a certain hood...and rock certain colors or hats...niggaz know where u from and thers plenty of pics on the net wit game wit not tats no tear drops but still wearin red...and idk y they rushed 50 out the back door...they was talkin 2 flex about game...then somebody ran up 2 em and was like we gotta go...and rushed em out they apologized 2 flex and they left...its on youtube...miss jones is not credible...she's a known hater...and beyonce stalker...dont ever pay her no mind... ;D

but anyway...u can find nipsey hussle  shit on nipseyhussle.ning.com thats his ning website...got both tapes 4 downloads....i think its worth the download...waitin on his video 2 drop...

Native American

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • 2o11
« Reply #72 on: December 23, 2008, 12:54:20 PM »
Yeah I Agree With You On The Jay-Z Thing, He's Only Where He Is Because Of "Good-Marketing" Not His Music.
Besides Alot Of People Dont Understand That Jay-Z Was Pushed And Supported By The Big Wigs "Behind The Scenes"!!!
Its Too Bad Bean's Had To Mash With Roc When He Did, Because I Missed Alot Of His Words.

I Played 666 Mafia When Muphuccers Where Playing Jay-Z, I Played Master P When Muphuccers Played DMX. But I Like Raw, Abstract/Artistic, Fundamental Music, Not No Poster-Boy Shit !
Theirs alot of good music out their that didnt get 5 mics from wack ass source (who the fuck cares about the mics they gave).
EVERY LAST ONE OF ''Y-O-U'' BELIEVE THAT DR. DRE HAS MADE THESE SONG's FOR ''Y-O-U''.
THE REALITY IS THAT THE SONG's ARE ''ABOUT Y-O-U'' !!!!!!

El the Self Image

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • It's 10:30 somewhere!
« Reply #73 on: December 23, 2008, 01:47:27 PM »
whooaaa.... good convo to read here.....

well, don't worry Jaydc, most of the folks don't like me on here so maybe you'll get left alone after I say what I have to say....

I've never been a big fan of Jay-Z, but I recognise the skill in his lyrics, and his subject matter is generally limited, but he does go outside the box quite often.... I respect Jay-Z, I would not consider him overrated even though I am not a fan....

As for the whole controversy with Hip-Hop, it's hard to blame the artists for making a dumbed down song that got him paid.... If you're in love with Hip-Hop, stay a fan.... rap for your friends.... If you're going to call yourself an MC, Rapper, or just Hip-Hop Artist, then you are doing this for money, and the trends of the industry now must be a part of your music creation process..... Gentlemen, Hip-Hop is a product, it is governed by the laws of supply and demand..... So to use an artist's limited subject matter as a indicator for over rated or not, seems illogical.....

Me personally, the only person that I feel is over rated is Lil Wayne.... He is hailed as the best rapper of all time and yet most of his rhymes consist of shit most of us wrote back in high school....  Game, I can't stand him, but I don't feel that he is getting more praise than he deserves, therefore I do not consider him over rated....

I think everyone on this board would love to see more consciousness in Hip-Hop, the problem is, that doesn't sell.... for an artist thats tryin to eat, thats not a viable option. At Best, artsts will learn to mix the two (conscious and main-stream) together, for a fussion of new sound that can be appreciated by both sides of the fence.... artists who do this well, IMHO, are Kanye West, Talib Kweli, Ice Cube (my hats off to this man, because he has done a big turn-around on the last 2 albums), Stat Quo, and obviously to a lesser degree, Zion I......

Oh, and I can't forget the Parkin Lot Drunks are the shit!!!! (Never miss an opportunity for shameless self promotion!)
Peace and Blessings,
-Él the Self Image
Parkin Lot Drunks!
eltheself@gmail.com
http://www.myspace.com/eltheself
http://www.myspace.com/imapld

FREE MIXTAPE, OUT NOW, GET IT!

El the Self Image

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • It's 10:30 somewhere!
« Reply #74 on: December 23, 2008, 02:02:36 PM »
The only thing bad that happend 2 tha rap game wasn't the "extra" music being put out (singles).  It was just that tha "fan"s lost intrest and had nothing to talk about.  But what really fucks it out is that "they" dont understand The Market .  This isn't Jay Leno's crowd anymore, Snoop will be a grandFather soon lol, and McDonalds isn't the only place you can get a double cheesburger for a dollar anymore.  I guess we could keep these boards on here forever by re-hashing up the old shit but then why have the mods keep 30 or 40 topics on complaining about the new shit.  delete them bitches, if more people go then fuck it, do some promo on other sites and keep it movin'.

considered:

- How will they "package/display/sell" that artist.  All 3
- What audience "boundary line" they can pass.  Will a Hip Hop artist be able to sell to a Toby Keith fan or an Opera/Theatre Junky.  (Nelly, Jim Jones, Snoop).  Ain't nothin' wrong with gettin' mainstream.  They are grown ass men and women they do whatever the fuck they feel.
- What artist can they use to pay for the next artists' budget. 
- What can the youth listen to so that they dont have to listen to all of the depressing truths of society and violence all at one time.  What parent wants their child listening to Spider Loc' rather than Lil' Mama or Lil' Romeo?
- What artist can help break ground to help branch out hip hop, so that it can be incorporated in the future of music.  Hip Hop came from James Brown and the Blues.

- remember when shit like this wasn't excepted in the mainstream?  now it's global.  u white folx in Norway werent raised off this shit in 95' lol.  Or lol its way more better than Kangaroo Jack lol.

Co-Sign....
Peace and Blessings,
-Él the Self Image
Parkin Lot Drunks!
eltheself@gmail.com
http://www.myspace.com/eltheself
http://www.myspace.com/imapld

FREE MIXTAPE, OUT NOW, GET IT!